Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOVEE 1000 KIT - Will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 09:52 PM
Hoth22
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve never connected anything to the y cable before so unsure if it works properly. I have already checked the balance on the PCM and it was good, right in the middle. If I moved it to the right it continued to play. When moved to the far left no sound. I’ll try to source a new cable and see if that works. Thanks for responding
Old 05-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoth22
I have a 997.2 and bought the Bovee with the 30 pin connector to listen to my music apps. I hooked it up to the OEM Y cable in my console but the sound plays only through the right side speakers. I tried selecting both iPod and Aux nope. I did some research and they said it was a setting on my iPhone. I went through iPhone and it seems to be set up properly but no dice. Wrong Bovee unit? OEM chord is not compatible? Help!!
Can you show us a picture of your Y cable to verify it's the correct one?

Old 06-04-2021, 02:18 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by kru911
PCM recognizes the memory stick as USB along with iPod (my BoVee BT) - via DISC

I’m interested in trying this out, and found a usb hub perhaps like kru911’s. Hard to find a small one that does the full signal and not just power. Note that the splitter cables won’t work in this configuration wit Bovee as only one cable carries more than just power. You need a HUB, not a splitter. Actually resorted to google image search and found this:
Amazon Amazon

I’m not sure how to format but will post results. I’m also curious if this uses “Disk” what happens if you actually have a disk in the player. The .2 PCM reads DVD-Rs, so I have one in there with 4.5GB of mp3s, works great with full folder navigation & track display, but obviously less storage than flash drives. The disk is a good fallback for the sometimes flaky iPod connection via the Bovee.

Last edited by jayzbird; 06-05-2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:56 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jayzbird
I’m interested in trying this out, and found a usb splitter perhaps like kru911’s. Hard to find a small one that does the full signal and not just power. Note that the splitter cables won’t work in this configuration wit Bovee as only one cable carries more than just power. Actually resorted to google image search and found this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8VSKLY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I’m not sure how to format but will post results. I’m also curious if this uses “Disk” what happens if you actually have a disk in the player. The .2 PCM reads DVD-Rs, so I have one in there with 4.5GB of mp3s, works great with full folder navigation & track display, but obviously less storage than flash drives. The disk is a good fallback for the sometimes flaky iPod connection via the Bovee.
Well, that was easy. Copied a few folders of MP3’s to the flash drive, plugged it and the iPod harness's usb cable into the usb hub noted above, and the usb hub to the car's USB port. On the PCM menu a new USB source appears. The Disk option still plays off the DVD-R, and the bovee still works on the iPod connection as before. Full track display and navigation for all. Cool.

Last edited by jayzbird; 06-05-2021 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:32 AM
stuned
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ewc
I considered purchasing the Bovee, but decided to first try this simple audio/lightning connector cable for $13, and it works great. I have a Rennline mount, connect my iPhone to the aux input/USB port, and listen to Spotify through the phone app. Very clean looking and good clean sound through the Aux input. My phone calls are still routed through the PCM's bluetooth.
Just ordered this cable. Thanks for sharing your experience with this simple solution.
The following users liked this post:
ewc (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 11:08 AM
ewc
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice, my cable is still working great. Charging and audio together. I don’t see the need to mess around with Bluetooth audio with this simple solution.

Originally Posted by stuned
Just ordered this cable. Thanks for sharing your experience with this simple solution.
The following users liked this post:
oalvarez (04-13-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 07:54 PM
TypeRS
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts

So the Y cable that has a regular aux male instead of the weird iphone 9 pin male won’t work with bovee? (Pictured below)

edit: It seems to work, but am getting the extra quiet audio issue others mentioned even though I have music in my music app.

might just try that aux/lightning/usb combo

Last edited by TypeRS; 01-10-2023 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:27 AM
sabotaged
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeRS
So the Y cable that has a regular aux male instead of the weird iphone 9 pin male won’t work with bovee? (Pictured below)

edit: It seems to work, but am getting the extra quiet audio issue others mentioned even though I have music in my music app.

might just try that aux/lightning/usb combo
In case you’re using an iPhone: I had to disable “Reduce Loud Sounds” in iOS accessibility setting otherwise streaming audio from my iPhone even at max iPhone+car audio was not very loud with the bovee

Last edited by sabotaged; 01-10-2023 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:54 PM
DesertDust
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sabotaged
In case you’re using an iPhone: I had to disable “Reduce Loud Sounds” in iOS accessibility setting otherwise streaming audio from my iPhone even at max iPhone+car audio was not very loud with the bovee
Does anyone know where to buy the round-ended iPod auxiliary Y-Cable for the 997.2? (iPod adapter cable for multimedia interface)
Anyone have a functioning used one they wish to sell?
Mfg Part # 99761247102
Old 08-14-2023, 12:42 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

These used to be ubiquitous, but not so much now it seems. Auto Atlanta say they have it in stock.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:21 AM
DesertDust
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jayzbird
These used to be ubiquitous, but not so much now it seems. Auto Atlanta say they have it in stock.
Thank you JazBird! I've just placed the online order with Auto Atlanta, and ordered a Bovee 1000 with their US partner ViseoUSA.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:51 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Cool. Glad to help. You can see my post above about adding a USB hub and memory stick for another source option (or two if you use a cd/dvd with burned mp3s). It’s handy for the not uncommon case when the iPod interface fails to connect or if you don’t store the music on the phone and have no cell signal. You can usually get iPod mode going again by un/re-plugging the bovee, but that’s tricky while driving.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:49 PM
DesertDust
4th Gear

Update: Auto Atlanta just updated my order placed yesterday, putting the item as "BackOrder: expect part reception within 10 days", followed by shipping time to me. I'll update in the coming weeks if they actually obtain the part, or if it was just listed as a phantom data point on their website. (round-ended iPod auxiliary Y-Cable for the 997.2; iPod adapter cable for multimedia interface)
Old 08-15-2023, 09:48 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I did a search across the web and all the Porsche vendors are sold out of this item. Might be a nice cottage industry for someone to reproduce this items for sale . I'm sure there's a demand for these adapters
Old 09-11-2023, 08:16 PM
ph2426
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Y Cable

I am also in search of the y cable. I have the bovee 1000 but no y cable to hook it up and I cannot find one anywhere online. Does anyone have one they would like to sell or know where one might buy one? Thank you !

Quick Reply: BOVEE 1000 KIT - Will it work?