Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline EXACTFIT MAGNETIC PHONE MOUNT

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 05:34 PM
anewman
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 104 Posts

I liked the simplicity of the Spiegel option for my MagSafe iPhone 14, but I didn't like the "S" logo in the middle of that one. For my needs I don't want/need a charge cord either, just a simple magnetic mount to hold my MagSage iPhone (with or without a MagSafe iPhone Case) that connects to my existing Rennline mount.. So, I went on a hunt and FOUND IT at Course MotorSports (a sister company to Rennline!!!) for $35. Very simple, very high quality, no logo, rubber face, strong magnetic hold, direct and perfect fit onto my existing Rennline mount. Love it! Here is a link. https://coursemotorsports.com/collec...and-steel-ring. (FYI - Rennline offers a charging version with the cord for $70 for those of you who want/need those features)

The following users liked this post:
elwademd (11-18-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 05:44 PM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
Just to make sure we're all on the same page... we're talking about this one, correct?

Because I have zero issues with it holding an iPhone XR during canyon-carving on bumpy-roads, track-days, etc.

Now for a strong grip, the metal pad must have direct contact with the magnet (physics) -- any air gap will cause a dramatic reduction in grip. For example, if you put the metal pad inside a protective case, just that small gap (of a few mm) will definitely cause a big reduction in grip.

But if you adhere the metal pad on the outside of your protective case (on the back), so it has direct contact with the magnet, then you'll have a secure grip.

Extra medal pads are inexpensive if you buy a pack of them (less than $1 each)...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0190BLT2M
You are exactly right! I have the same as you and put a strong glue on the plastic case. Never a problem.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:01 PM
gutenfreibier
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

A while back, I bought 4 different wireless charging mounts from amazon and landed on one of these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNBHSQV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNBHSQV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
on my rennline mount. It snaps right onto the existing rennline ball, very easy. Installed a 12v switched outlet in the footwell and it holds my iphone quite well. I even got a 2nd one for my other car. I do have a magsafe compatible case on the phone too.

Last edited by gutenfreibier; 01-05-2023 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:57 AM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 80 Posts

I have the Rennline/Spiegal combo. I modified the bracket so it could sit higher than designed. A 90 degree USB-C cable fits well and does not block the angle rotation. I’m happy with how well it holds my phone and charges.

Spastblast (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 05:53 AM
Spastblast
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

How did you modify the bracket? I was actually looking for one that places the phone a bit higher (e.g. vents area), but this might also suffice.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:14 PM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

I cut out an extra slot on the bracket with my angle grinder. It took 5 minutes to make the slot. My wife's knee used to bump my phone but doesn't happen anymore.

Originally Posted by Spastblast
How did you modify the bracket? I was actually looking for one that places the phone a bit higher (e.g. vents area), but this might also suffice.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:45 PM
Spastblast
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

Sounds like an easy fix. Can you still open the glove box without hitting it? I guess it eliminates using the cup holder, right?

Last edited by Spastblast; 01-25-2023 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:30 AM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

The glovebox and drink holder door opens without touching.

Originally Posted by Spastblast
Sounds like an easy fix. Can you still open the glove box without hitting it? I guess it eliminates using the cup holder, right?
Spastblast (01-26-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 01:17 AM
sabotaged
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

@Fatsix Where do you have the USB cable
routed to? and does it switch off when the car is off?
Old 01-27-2023, 01:10 PM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

I used a 12V to USB adaptor and a right angle USB-C cable. I wired it a fuse in the main panel and it is switched but you can choose to connect to an always ON fuse as well. The right angle connector allows the pivot to move around freely. I first used a straight connector cable and it prevented it to swivel freely.

Originally Posted by sabotaged
@Fatsix Where do you have the USB cable
routed to? and does it switch off when the car is off?
sabotaged (01-27-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 01:25 AM
ruthere89
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larrytrk

Charger and holder

Attached to redline mount
I am looking for Phone holder which can wirelessly charge them phone, so is this phone holder support wireless charge. Also I am open to other option too. and This Popsocekts support wireless charging? any idea?

Last edited by ruthere89; 08-10-2023 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:43 AM
sp1ke
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by username.taken
I recently broke down and purchased the Rennline Exact Fit iPhone 13 Pro Magnetic Mount for my 997.1.

I was afraid the magnet would be too weak and I was right! There is no way my phone will stay put with my current Mous case and not go flying into floorboard the second I pull out of driveway!

I really wanted a ProClip but expensive and backordered.

what have others done?
I picked up a really cheap older exactfit mount from ebay a few years ago. The orignal magnet was way too weak for a heavy modern phone, but it can easily be removed to reveal a standard sized ball. You can pick up a variety of other mounts that will screw right on to this. I chose an ESR one which was a direct replacement & works well with an Iphone 13Pro.
Old 08-10-2023, 07:51 AM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

Just drive around with the phone in your left hand like most people do! Most folks get out of the car at gas stations and keep talking when pumping gas or checking out thru the line at the market! Give it a break.... Oh ya I have the Rennline Exact Fit in all of my cars. Never a problem!
Old 08-10-2023, 09:15 AM
termite01
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Rennline as well…
Old 08-10-2023, 11:07 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ruthere89
I am looking for Phone holder which can wirelessly charge them phone, so is this phone holder support wireless charge. Also I am open to other option too. and This Popsocekts support wireless charging? any idea?
yes, you can see the wire!

Quick Reply: Rennline EXACTFIT MAGNETIC PHONE MOUNT