Sponsored by:

PCCM+ DIY Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 10:04 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,761 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantviper
Update....on another thread someone posted the antenna cable from the factory is backwards. I swapped the ends and now it works!

If anyone else runs into this swap the antenna connector ends and then you will be good.
@Giantviper Thanks for coming full circle on this issue. I too had bad FM reception. CD24 here also and installed the FM bypass loop and the reception went from bad to nil. I'm now trying your method. Will report back.

Update, I found another thread that said if you have a CD24, do this. Remove the double adapter and just plug the car's antenna straight into the upper output. No need to re pin connector.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 09-17-2023 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:19 AM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

@RAudi Driver Nice find. I will keep that in mind if I hear about anyone else having trouble. I did the swapped ends on the cable and mine works perfectly but your solution makes sense too as long as the cable locking mechanism still works so the cable does not fall off on a bump.

Now to finding the Macan (Or 2016 era Boxter, Cayman or 911)) steering wheel and Airbag at a reasonable price for my final interior upgrade.....
The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (09-18-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 11:55 AM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

So after several months with the PCCM+ I can give my honest assessment: The sound sucks. The audio quality is terrible and I find myself constantly tweaking the EQ to manage it. The Pioneer system it replaced was light years better but 'haptic only', which disqualified it. Now that I have the buttons back .... that's all I have. Porsche charges well over a thousand dollars for something worth less than a hundred. Very sad and disappointing.
The only good thing to come from this experience has been this thread. It's highlighted an amazing community and some formidable talent in assisting many of us to customise and install this unit.

Thanks All!
Old 10-04-2023, 12:25 PM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Different experience than yours

I have had it for more than 6 months and my experience is very different from yours.

I have Bose on 997 TT. Sound quality is same as stock pretty good for a 17 year old car. I will say that my 992 GT3 Bose is better despite lack of subwoofer shelf. but again, 997TT is 17 year old audio system.

I wish CarPlay were wireless & it had equilizers. I got $75 wireless CarPlay adapter on Amazon (carlinkit) and it works great. CarPlay works seamlessly. It reboots now & then, but I can live with it.

Do you have Bose?

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
So after several months with the PCCM+ I can give my honest assessment: The sound sucks. The audio quality is terrible and I find myself constantly tweaking the EQ to manage it. The Pioneer system it replaced was light years better but 'haptic only', which disqualified it. Now that I have the buttons back .... that's all I have. Porsche charges well over a thousand dollars for something worth less than a hundred. Very sad and disappointing.
The only good thing to come from this experience has been this thread. It's highlighted an amazing community and some formidable talent in assisting many of us to customise and install this unit.

Thanks All!
Old 10-06-2023, 09:20 AM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine is the non-Bose, though I have a Bose rear deck sub/speaker that I installed. I'm making my comparison to the Pioneer deck that was removed (horrible touch only experience but good sound). Everything else is stock. I'm not looking for SPL competition sound, just something that's EQ balanced and stays fixed within most volume ranges. I actually get static (slight) from the Satellite radio so I no longer listen to that. Seems like the best option is the iphone. Good to know some are having a more positive sonic experience with it!
Old 10-12-2023, 03:15 PM
jalvani
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

@bxstrCA I'll echo @sdharmani 's comments, although I've only had mine installed for a couple weeks. I also have Bose, w/o sub AFAIK (I haven't found it yet; think it's typically in the passenger footwell). I'm pretty sound-sensitive and I find the sound quality to be quite good. I'll also echo that the carlinkit Wireless CarPlay adapter works great. I did the mod to my PCCM+ to swap the front "fully-capable" USB port and the rear "limited" USB port, so now I have the fully capable port coming from the back of the headhunt, and I relocated the Carlinkit into the glovebox. Whole thing works and sounds great. My wife who isn't that interested in audio in general even comments on how good it sounds.

The following 3 users liked this post by jalvani:
bxstrCA (10-12-2023), dlascoskie (10-13-2023), myw (04-29-2024)
Old 10-19-2023, 12:52 PM
Angelo997C2S
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, new here and fortunate to have purchased a 997 with PCCM plus installed. I beleive it to be in great working order. I have not found any weird sound issues, but I have noticed my lights functioning with some unexpected behavior. I will check a few things that I have learned here in this thread.

admittedly, I found myself a little lost with information overflow so I will ask a question with hope that someone will re-answer or clarify.

I have PCCM Plus plus Rennline magsafe charger. Charger plugged in to the front USB port of the PCCM. is there any way that CarPlay to work thru this connection? or is wireless CarPlay via the Isudar CarPlay board the only way to do this?
if the latter, the Rennline Magsae will remain plugged in to the front and only serve as charging?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Angelo
Old 10-19-2023, 05:24 PM
Manzione
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LucV
I believe these are radio antennas, which you need to change for EU models but not US/CA models. They were not included in my package (I'm in Canada).
LucV, you said that in Canada you did not receive the boosters. But did you receive the SiriusXM adapter, or are you running through your old FM/AM antennas? I am facing some troubles in Brazil with regards to the reception and we don't have SiriusXM here, so I was wondering if I have to use the original antennas.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2023, 11:20 PM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by sdharmani
I have had it for more than 6 months and my experience is very different from yours.

I have Bose on 997 TT. Sound quality is same as stock pretty good for a 17 year old car. I will say that my 992 GT3 Bose is better despite lack of subwoofer shelf. but again, 997TT is 17 year old audio system.

I wish CarPlay were wireless & it had equilizers. I got $75 wireless CarPlay adapter on Amazon (carlinkit) and it works great. CarPlay works seamlessly. It reboots now & then, but I can live with it.

Do you have Bose?
Originally Posted by jalvani
@bxstrCA I'll echo @sdharmani 's comments, although I've only had mine installed for a couple weeks. I also have Bose, w/o sub AFAIK (I haven't found it yet; think it's typically in the passenger footwell). I'm pretty sound-sensitive and I find the sound quality to be quite good. I'll also echo that the carlinkit Wireless CarPlay adapter works great. I did the mod to my PCCM+ to swap the front "fully-capable" USB port and the rear "limited" USB port, so now I have the fully capable port coming from the back of the headhunt, and I relocated the Carlinkit into the glovebox. Whole thing works and sounds great. My wife who isn't that interested in audio in general even comments on how good it sounds.

Hi ​​​@sdharmani and @jalvani , which specific carlinkit wireless carplay adapter did you buy on amazon? Seems there are many, and I'd like to buy the one that worked for you.

Can you please tell me the specific model or maybe a link? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Last edited by othertbone; 10-25-2023 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:41 AM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Default Only wired CarPlay from factory

@Angelo997C2S - no wireless CarPlay from factory PCCM+ set up. Your options are- 1) cable into iPhone or 2) aftermarket wireless CarPlay adapter. I use CarlinKit.

Originally Posted by Angelo997C2S
Hi, new here and fortunate to have purchased a 997 with PCCM plus installed. I beleive it to be in great working order. I have not found any weird sound issues, but I have noticed my lights functioning with some unexpected behavior. I will check a few things that I have learned here in this thread.

admittedly, I found myself a little lost with information overflow so I will ask a question with hope that someone will re-answer or clarify.

I have PCCM Plus plus Rennline magsafe charger. Charger plugged in to the front USB port of the PCCM. is there any way that CarPlay to work thru this connection? or is wireless CarPlay via the Isudar CarPlay board the only way to do this?
if the latter, the Rennline Magsae will remain plugged in to the front and only serve as charging?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Angelo
Donstanley (10-26-2023)
Old 10-26-2023, 07:47 AM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Default CarlinKit

@othertbone - I would order the latest version they have. When I bought it, it was version 3.0.

CarPlay reboots every now & then. It used to happen with wired connection too - so I am not 100% certain if it is wireless adapter issue. I think it is PCCM+ firmware issue

Originally Posted by othertbone
Hi ​​​@sdharmani and @jalvani , which specific carlinkit wireless carplay adapter did you buy on amazon? Seems there are many, and I'd like to buy the one that worked for you.

Can you please tell me the specific model or maybe a link? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
othertbone (10-26-2023)
Old 10-26-2023, 07:50 AM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Default Subwoofer

@jalvani - coupe subwoofer is behind the rear seats. If you fold them down, you’ll see it. Convertible is in passenger footwell on left side.

Old 10-26-2023, 11:45 AM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

@othertbone - I would order the latest version they have. When I bought it, it was version 3.0.

CarPlay reboots every now & then. It used to happen with wired connection too - so I am not 100% certain if it is wireless adapter issue. I think it is PCCM+ firmware issue

Thank you my friend!

Old 10-26-2023, 03:00 PM
jalvani
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by othertbone

Sure. I bought the latest:
this one this one
. Works great. There are so many flavors though, and each one has a slightly different UI and maybe some additional features (eg. Native Netflix/YT or enabling screen mirroring). This one is pretty barebones but it works reliably. My Mom has the 3.0 version in her Q3 for the past few years and is happy with it.

@jalvani - coupe subwoofer is behind the rear seats. If you fold them down, you’ll see it. Convertible is in passenger footwell on left side.
Aaaah, thank you. I didn't realize location was dependent on cab/coupe.
othertbone (10-27-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 12:09 PM
othertbone
Rennlist Member

Sure. I bought the latest: this one. Works great. There are so many flavors though, and each one has a slightly different UI and maybe some additional features (eg. Native Netflix/YT or enabling screen mirroring). This one is pretty barebones but it works reliably. My Mom has the 3.0 version in her Q3 for the past few years and is happy with it.

Aaaah, thank you. I didn't realize location was dependent on cab/coupe.
Thank you my friend!

Quick Reply: PCCM+ DIY Guide