Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 Powerflex Rear Shock Mount Bushing

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 11:15 PM
Fatsix
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 80 Posts

Sounds good. Are the center sleeves made out of aluminum? It’s hard to tell from the photos. I am going to order these if they work well for you.

Originally Posted by Edcantera
I finally got the bushings and they look great. Lining up some time in the lift to hopefully get these installed next weekend. I’ll keep the thread updated on how well they work out.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:00 AM
Edcantera
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

L

Looks like the center is in fact aluminum as a magnet didn’t stick to it. Might get on a lift this weekend to get the rear struts in. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:40 PM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you install these? How is NVH? I remember that “back in the day” urethane bushings were all the rage for a while, but then people started having issues with squeaking, etc….

Anyone know the current state of this? Better materials, etc maybe less noise? Sort of thinking to go through and replace all bushings on 13y.o. car, but don’t want to add too much NVH or need to re-grease often.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:43 PM
Kris991
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the race versions and drove it today. They’re great. I don’t hear any extra noises or NVH. Cheap fix compared to new top hats.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:13 PM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts

Ordered the street version for my 997.2 last month and a week later I received an email stating that due to production issues there would be a delay in shipment of from 4-6 weeks. On the 15th of this month I sent another email asking for a production/delivery status and two days later I received another email stating that the production issue was still an issue and that unfortunately there would be a further delay of 6-8 weeks from the date of this email response.

I then sent an email to their headquarters in England, copying them on the email string with their USA office and asking what was the real problem for such delays. Their Sales/Marketing VP answered my email a couple of days later acknowledging production issues but he was able to find a couple of sets somewhere in Europe and was shipping them ASAP to their USA branch.

Anyway and after all of this, the tracking number states July 3rd as my delivery date. I just hope that after all this drama the product turns out to be as good as they say it is.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:53 PM
Edcantera
Instructor

I never got a chance to install my set and will probably be listing them for sale or giving them to whoever buys my 997. After a lot of back and forth, and searching high and low, I came across a 992 that was the right fit for me and made sense so I took the plunge. Still have the 997 but will unfortunately have to pass it on after 10 years of stewardship. If someone wants the bushings you can dm me.
The following users liked this post:
adelima (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 09:12 AM
adelima
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im interested, please check your DMs.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:31 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Any news with availability of this part? Edcantera, did your sale push through?
Old 03-03-2024, 08:58 PM
Edcantera
Instructor

It turns out that there was a manufacturing defect with the bushings that prevented them from being installed when I did the front and rear shocks. Had the parts worked they probably would have been excellent like other powerflex parts I’ve used in the past. The issue was in the diameter of the hole, not the bushing itself.

I won’t go into the details here but I was made whole by powerflex after not having been able to install them. It’s a big enough job that I won’t be going back in there unless I have an issue. I ended up reusing the stock bushings and they still looked ok.

I ended up not having the heart to sell the 997 and luckily still have it. Not sure how things will pan out as I still consider selling it from time to time but my wife ended up selling her car and is sharing the 997 and 992 with me and we’re making it work with two kids and school pickup and drop off every day.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Powerflex Rear Shock Mount Bushing