Sponsored by:

Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 08:52 PM
surfdwn
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Exhaust Advice

I have owned an '06 C4S cab fo0r three years. It came with a Tubi exhaust installed. I do like the sound of the Tubi under hard acceleration and it is not intrusive when I am trying to be civilized.

Last week, I had the car up on my lift to change the oil and found the weld of the exhaust pipe to the driver's side muffler can had broken. It also appears to have a small crack in the can between the pipe and the outer edge of the can.
I assume I will need to replace the system. The small crack in the can makes me think trying to get the damage welded back up would not be a very good solution, so.....

Is the Tubi system still the favorite replacement exhaust? I have done a lot of research and seen a lot of opinions, but can not seem to get a sound conclusion. I have narrowed the selection to a Tubi replacement or Fabspeed.

Current opinions are welcome, including the viability of repairing what I currently have.

Thanks,

Old 04-27-2023, 09:26 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 416 Posts

I would take it by a hot rod/motorcycle/modded car exhaust shop and ask them if it can be repaired.

That might be salvageable.

A new Tubi style muffler set will run you ~$4k..

Last edited by ATX_Native; 04-27-2023 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:55 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I found the tubi to be bad quality, especially the welding. I bought the agency power, which was better quality and sounded better
Old 04-27-2023, 10:23 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 428 Likes on 173 Posts

I like my soul valved exhaust system. If you happen to be in SoCal you are welcome to hear it sometime.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:49 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,188 Likes on 3,945 Posts

Exhaust opinions are like wheel opinions...you have to listen to them on an engine just like yours tomsee what sounds good to you. Me personally, I like Fabspeed and Innotech (IPE) as I like the more exotic car higher pitch at higher RPMs with no "fart" sound or reverb at low RPMs.

I don't see any reason that can't be welded back up.
The following users liked this post:
dlascoskie (04-28-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 09:22 AM
Schorchio
4th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tubi Exhaust

Originally Posted by surfdwn
I have owned an '06 C4S cab fo0r three years. It came with a Tubi exhaust installed. I do like the sound of the Tubi under hard acceleration and it is not intrusive when I am trying to be civilized.

Last week, I had the car up on my lift to change the oil and found the weld of the exhaust pipe to the driver's side muffler can had broken. It also appears to have a small crack in the can between the pipe and the outer edge of the can.
I assume I will need to replace the system. The small crack in the can makes me think trying to get the damage welded back up would not be a very good solution, so.....

Is the Tubi system still the favorite replacement exhaust? I have done a lot of research and seen a lot of opinions, but can not seem to get a sound conclusion. I have narrowed the selection to a Tubi replacement or Fabspeed.

Current opinions are welcome, including the viability of repairing what I currently have.

Thanks,
I have the same Tubi mufflers, mine had the same problem as yours. I took them to a local welder, he completed repairs for $200. Should hold up for another few years.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:32 AM
surfdwn
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I figured the pipe could be welded back to the can. My concern is around the cracks that appear to be in the can near the pipe entrance. I wonder if the metal has fatigued in that area. I could be way off, but the cracks concern me.
Old 04-30-2023, 06:49 PM
JamesBaxter
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Happy you found one and like it. I am enjoying my set up as well
Old 04-30-2023, 07:42 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by surfdwn
I figured the pipe could be welded back to the can. My concern is around the cracks that appear to be in the can near the pipe entrance. I wonder if the metal has fatigued in that area. I could be way off, but the cracks concern me.
You're not supporting a structure with it.

Just weld it up, or if you want to spend the $4k get a new set.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Advice