Sponsored by:

Bump stop replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 08:40 PM
marucus1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bump stop replacement

During my inspection on My 2008 c2s with under 48k miles, notice the bump stop is broken into 2 pieces
where is a good place to order beside the dealer? FCP euro?
while I’m replacing the bump stop, I will be lowering the car with lowering springs.
which brand is good. I have no intention to track or DE the car

Old 06-26-2023, 09:24 PM
SpecialKay
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be comfortable buying replacement bump stops from either Pelican or FCP Euro. Can't recommend lowering kits -- I have kept the stock suspension on my 911.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:57 PM
63mercedes
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

The main two options are H&R and eibach. I think the H&R set drops 1.25" while the eibach drops it about a 1.00". I think H&R is the more popular choice if I had to guess. Thats what I have.
Old 06-27-2023, 08:42 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,190 Likes on 3,947 Posts

Make sure you have spring compressors to do this work.
Old 06-27-2023, 07:04 PM
marucus1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 63mercedes
The main two options are H&R and eibach. I think the H&R set drops 1.25" while the eibach drops it about a 1.00". I think H&R is the more popular choice if I had to guess. Thats what I have.
did you change the top hat also?
Old 06-27-2023, 07:36 PM
voidopolis
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

as 63Mercedes said your primary choices, that I'm aware of, are Eibach & H&R. I think it's pretty much personal preference on how much of a drop you want and likely also what wheels you have on the car. I'm planning to go Eibach as I've read some reviews that H&R may be a little too low depending on your setup. Along with bump stops, you might also change out the boots and possibly the top mounts since they have to come out anyway.

I buy 90% of my stuff from FCPEuro and have had very good luck with them.
Old 07-02-2023, 09:13 PM
stiles_s
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by marucus1
During my inspection on My 2008 c2s with under 48k miles, notice the bump stop is broken into 2 pieces
where is a good place to order beside the dealer? FCP euro?
while I’m replacing the bump stop, I will be lowering the car with lowering springs.
which brand is good. I have no intention to track or DE the car
If you are staying w/the stock springs then go with the original bumpstops.
However, if you are going with lowering springs I'd highly recommend sourcing bumpstops for the SPASM suspension to give yourself some extra wheel travel "off of" the bump stops. Otherwise the lowering springs are going to put you "into" the OE bumpstops quite quickly and result in a harsh/unpredictable ride. The other option is to trim the bumpstops to give yourself the space but that's a guessing game at best.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:20 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by stiles_s
However, if you are going with lowering springs I'd highly recommend sourcing bumpstops for the SPASM suspension to give yourself some extra wheel travel "off of" the bump stops. Otherwise the lowering springs are going to put you "into" the OE bumpstops quite quickly and result in a harsh/unpredictable ride. The other option is to trim the bumpstops to give yourself the space but that's a guessing game at best.
I'm about to go the Einbach springs with Bilstein B4 shocks route all around. I was going to change the bumpstops with OEM units but in light of your comment I'm reevaluating that aspect.

Hence, can you please provide more information and where to buy the SPASM bumpstops that you reference. Should it bear relevance my car is a 2009 997.2 C2 (not "S") WITHOUT PASM!
Old 07-03-2023, 01:50 PM
myltz400
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

The Bilstein/Eibach pro kit comes with new bump stops. Front ones are not visible. I recommend new mounts all around. Mine were noisy and probably broken even though they looked ok(20k miles). Loud during down shifts..sounded like metal on metal.

Does lower the car but not much. I am not a stance-ologist however.

Quick Reply: Bump stop replacement