Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a reliable and honest car shipper recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 06:31 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,448 Likes on 2,713 Posts

I can tell you lots of nightmare Shipping stories. Some of these Russian outfits are the worst and they are plenty

The following users liked this post:
DesmoSD (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 12:06 AM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I can tell you lots of nightmare Shipping stories. Some of these Russian outfits are the worst and they are plenty
With the many cars that you have bought and sold, I could only imagine the stories you have and the bull**** you had to go through.
groovzilla (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 11:42 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 426 Posts

I have used Plycar and Uship multiple times before. No issues with either.
Plycar was very good but pricey.
Uship can be a roll of the dice sometimes.
The following 2 users liked this post by Graufuchs:
DesmoSD (01-10-2024), groovzilla (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 12:39 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,448 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Great caution should aways be used when dealing with a new shipper.
These drivers can be sub-human.

The following 2 users liked this post by groovzilla:
DesmoSD (01-10-2024), Graufuchs (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 01:41 PM
993.Coupe
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Myself and two friends used bears. No issues.
I recently used them as well and was pleased; recommended!
Old 01-10-2024, 02:10 PM
BearsTransport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Thank you
847-810-7641
https://bearstransport.com/

Old 01-10-2024, 03:37 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

I sold one of my street rods to a guy in Tacoma WA.
A beautiful 32 Ford 3 window coupe.

Shipping was on him and I strongly advised using one of the big players like Plycar, Reliable or Intercity.
After he checked prices he made arrangements with an unknown carrier. My comment was please not an open trailer because this is a show winning car.
He said it was not an open trailer and less expensive than the other companies. OK.

A few days later I get a call from the driver wanting to pick the car up. I lived in Palm Desert CA at the time in a very exclusive gated country club. Absolutely no trucks allowed after dark.

The driver said he would be there shortly ( I could barely understand him) I asked him where he was and he said "Santiago"....what?....."Santiago"
I figured he was in San Diego, at least two hours away.
It would be dark by the time he arrived so I told him no it would have to be tomorrow. That pissed him off.

Either tomorrow or don't bother picking the car up.

He shows up in a piece of junk truck and it's a soft sided canvas trailer. The driver was head to toe dirty, greasy and smelled. He told my wife he just came to the US two weeks ago from Ethiopia.
Loaded the car in the trailer and left.

Five days later the guy that bought the car called me wanting to know where the truck is! Uh, I have no idea.
Call the trucking company!!

Ten days later the police find the truck and trailer abandoned on a highway in Idaho with no car inside.
They get the drivers address from the trucking company and they knock on his door. He opens the door and tells them the car is in his garage! No problem!!

The car looked like it had been driven a hundred miles off road.

Of course he was arrested and the buyer finally got the car.

DesmoSD (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 07:33 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
I sold one of my street rods to a guy in Tacoma WA.
A beautiful 32 Ford 3 window coupe.

Shipping was on him and I strongly advised using one of the big players like Plycar, Reliable or Intercity.
After he checked prices he made arrangements with an unknown carrier. My comment was please not an open trailer because this is a show winning car.
He said it was not an open trailer and less expensive than the other companies. OK.

A few days later I get a call from the driver wanting to pick the car up. I lived in Palm Desert CA at the time in a very exclusive gated country club. Absolutely no trucks allowed after dark.

The driver said he would be there shortly ( I could barely understand him) I asked him where he was and he said "Santiago"....what?....."Santiago"
I figured he was in San Diego, at least two hours away.
It would be dark by the time he arrived so I told him no it would have to be tomorrow. That pissed him off.

Either tomorrow or don't bother picking the car up.

He shows up in a piece of junk truck and it's a soft sided canvas trailer. The driver was head to toe dirty, greasy and smelled. He told my wife he just came to the US two weeks ago from Ethiopia.
Loaded the car in the trailer and left.

Five days later the guy that bought the car called me wanting to know where the truck is! Uh, I have no idea.
Call the trucking company!!

Ten days later the police find the truck and trailer abandoned on a highway in Idaho with no car inside.
They get the drivers address from the trucking company and they knock on his door. He opens the door and tells them the car is in his garage! No problem!!

The car looked like it had been driven a hundred miles off road.

Of course he was arrested and the buyer finally got the car.

Wow, that's a very nice car that should be moved by well known haulers. Glad they found it as it could have easily ended up on a freight storage bin on it's way to a different country or somewhere in Tijuana.

One thing I hate is if you contact, say Reliable or Intercity, you'll get a flood of random calls and emails from other transport companies. I think they all use Central Dispatch which radios out to all of the truck drivers.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:58 PM
ftc3
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 46 Posts

I used Plycar. Lots of communication and tracking updates. Zero concerns during the process. I think they may be a little bit more than the discount outfits but worth it IMO to avoid some of the headaches.
DesmoSD (01-10-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 01:03 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Wow, that's a very nice car that should be moved by well known haulers. Glad they found it as it could have easily ended up on a freight storage bin on its way to a different country or somewhere in Tijuana.
Thanks.
Amazing that the guys thought process concluded that it would be ok to take the car and put it in his garage and no one would ever come looking for it!

Quick Reply: Need a reliable and honest car shipper recommendation