Sponsored by:

Need a reliable and honest car shipper recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 02:56 PM
jibmaster1
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Need a reliable and honest car shipper recommendation

After wading through the BS of the many nefarious shipping scams, er "brokers", I need to get a Porsche I just bought from Airmont, NY to Bellingham, WA. Open air carrier fine.
Any recommendations welcomed. Thanks
Old 01-08-2024, 03:11 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,448 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Tempus Logix broker out of Los Angeles.
I have used them many times to ship Porsche's from east coast to west coast and vise-versa
https://tempuslogix.com/

Old 01-08-2024, 03:27 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 415 Posts

I have used Montway (broker) a few times and have had good luck.

So far every trucker that have hauled my cars have been dependable and careful, no damage.

I selected closed transport from FL to TX when I bought the car, it was only an extra $200.

Going from Austin to Los Angeles, the closed transport was quite a bit more, so I selected open.

I will say Montway is about half of what the other direct non-broker shippers have quoted, I think the quote last time from Montway from Austin to LA to Austin was around $1,600 open air, while other direct shippers were about double that.

Montway also makes the truckers document all damage through the app, so I always am present for the walkthroughs. That protects both sides.

When I got the car:

From this last summer, Austin to LA to Austin:

Old 01-08-2024, 03:32 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 105 Posts

In summer 2020, I used DC AUTO TRANSPORT LLC to ship my 2005 C2S from DFW, TX to the Tacoma, WA area. No issues with them.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:02 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

If tight budget guy in Middle East has good deals but delivery takes a while

The following users liked this post:
jibmaster1 (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 04:09 PM
jibmaster1
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks guys. I will look into these options. For the record and be warned: Do not use SHIP AUTO NOW.COM
Classic bait and switch. Quote you a low price, then when it comes time to pick your car up the price doubled! And they of course won't refund the "deposit". To me it's more about business principle, integrity and doing what you say to do.

Warn your friends:

​​​​​​https://shipautonow.com/contact-us/
Old 01-08-2024, 04:15 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Plycar

Enclosed door to door. No unloading to go on another trailer etc.
Moves cars for many Porsche dealerships.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:21 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jibmaster1
Thanks guys. I will look into these options. For the record and be warned: Do not use SHIP AUTO NOW.COM
Classic bait and switch. Quote you a low price, then when it comes time to pick your car up the price doubled! And they of course won't refund the "deposit". To me it's more about business principle, integrity and doing what you say to do.
Warn your friends:

​​​​​​https://shipautonow.com/contact-us/
Did you check out USHIP? I've used them as well and have had good experience. Positive references are accurate
The plus of USHIP is that occasionally you get a shipper with excellent references who has planned trip and can pick up car and add it to their load for a very reduced cost.
Of course timing is everything but when you review the bids they mention their schedule.

^^Also your shipping story can be a come issue - Many companies are thieves/thugs and strong arm customers.
Had that happen 1x 6 yrs ago shipping 997 to my house in Seattle from Southern Ca. - I paid for open carrier and to have car positioned on TOP of carrier to avoid oil spills on paint/etc.
Car arrived with oil all over paint - A real mess.
I refused to pay them unless I got cleaning discount. They refused so I shut my door and they took my car to storage.
In the end my car was delivered with a tiotal detail as I instructed before releasing funds. I don't fvck around with ******.

Last edited by groovzilla; 01-08-2024 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:35 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,188 Likes on 3,945 Posts

I've used Reliable Carriers twice for enclosed transport.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:16 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

Use Reliable, Plycar or Intercity and stay away from brokers.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:51 AM
BearsTransport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Feel free to PM me for rates and scheduled. or use etbears022@gmail.com
Check out our reviews right here with other Rennlisters!!

Liz
847-810-7641
https://bearstransport.com/

Old 01-09-2024, 11:44 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 2,051 Posts

Myself and two friends used bears. No issues.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:54 AM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Did you check out USHIP? I've used them as well and have had good experience. Positive references are accurate
The plus of USHIP is that occasionally you get a shipper with excellent references who has planned trip and can pick up car and add it to their load for a very reduced cost.
Of course timing is everything but when you review the bids they mention their schedule.
IIRC UShip is direct posting to market.

So word to the wise, on any of those types of websites, use your real email address and fat finger your phone number.

Because you will get calls from seemingly hundreds of truckers and trucking companies over a few weeks.

Made that mistake, once.

Last edited by ATX_Native; 01-09-2024 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:12 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

FYI anyone needing West Coast shipper for Seattle/Portland/ to & from SF/LA/SD car shipping - Open Carrier not enclosed.
I just sold a collector Mercedes to buyer in Los Angeles last week and picked up today by shipper. Car was picked up yesterday from my house.
*Above average condition but not show car so open transport chosen.*

Owner/driver Moses who owns MOBILE MOSES LLC - 575 BRAUN AVE- SAN DIEGO, California 92114 - MC Number: 998696 - Phone: +1 (619) 846-9983 - Email: mobilemosesllc@gmail.com
Did excellent/Careful/Gentle loading and documenting of the Mercedes - Also he guaranteed car be transported on TOP of carrier for extra $100 - Therefore no oil drips from cars above which is what I always prefer and I recommended to buyer
Price is $800 Seattle to LA + the $100 for top carrier guarantee = $900 - Great deal these days when average cost is $1100-$1200 thru Broker.
Just thought I would mention since this all happened yesterday. I will be Posting Thread in 997 Forum now.

jchapura (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 03:54 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

You definitely have to be careful with these transport companies.

I contacted Shaughnessy Overland Express/RMS Auto Brokers and got a quote from Laki Prousalis to move my Supra and 997 from San Diego to Knoxville in 2022. I thought he was going to handle the pick up but then he said he doesn't do West Coast to East Coast and mostly FL to NY. Fine, no problem. He said he has another company that he works with that can do it. I emphasized to him that both are lowered and would need a ramp to load if the haul doesn't have a motorized flat ramp. He originally quoted me $6800 but I sat on it for a couple months until he reduced it down to $4800. I only accepted it because we were on a timed schedule and needed to have our vehicle loaded for the second drive across the country.

The company that came to pick up my cars wasn't in communication with Laki at all. @#$%!, he didn't even know who the heck Laki was?! Talk about a WTF moment. ! I was going to load up both my cars to a guy who doesn't even know or have any clue of the transaction. I was beyond pissed at this moment. Then on top of that, the dude didn't have any equipment to load the vehicles. The drop down ramp was angled so much that my car started to scrape not even after half way up. I was livid but I couldn't cuss out the driver, he was just the middle man. It was a good thing that I'm mechanically inclined and built a helper loading ramp for his hauler.

After an hour, the cars were loaded up and the Armenian driver from ONEOONE LLC was a nice guy and made the trip to Knoxville in 2 days. When it came time to pay, Laki's invoice was to pay him but the driver was on the phone with his manager said that I had to pay him, not Laki. So wait a sec, the driver who didn't know Laki but his boss did. Again another here we are with another mess and miscommunication with whom I had to pay. WTF again! After they were able to handle who gets paid, I was Venmo Laki and he wanted the Friends and Family to avoid the fees; so I was **** out of luck if any should happen.

All in all, I got my cars moved but the process and communication sucked.

Last edited by DesmoSD; 01-09-2024 at 03:56 PM.
groovzilla (01-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Need a reliable and honest car shipper recommendation