Sponsored by:

DSC tuning software

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 12:39 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DSC tuning software

Has anybody been able to download the tuning software for the DSC controller recently? I have tried to register several times through their website with no luck. I called the company and they said there is nobody currently employed on that side of the business, and there is no way to download or register the software except the website which is not working.

Any insight would be helpful, but certainly would not recommend this device to future buyers if it doesn’t offer the customization features they advertise.

Update: I was able to download the software on their website!

Last edited by Targanonymous; 03-16-2024 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:52 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 866 Posts

2009 C2S 196k miles

I wouldn't be too hard on them... they are a small business. I understand we want to buy from some company with deep pockets, staffed to the teeth with customer service people and supporting technologies, but small businesses are just that small. I visited them at their shop a long time ago... they are the real deal... a real race shop and the owner Michael Levitas is a real engineer and racer. Their shop was a working garage... crap all over the place and you better have a tetanus shot.

Email them with your request... they have been great with support albeit slow if they are involved in racing or race prep. Back when I purchased mine, the "dream" of the website never really materialized. The intent was a place where tuners could share their tunes for various tracks and situations but that never really happened so I am not surprised it may have died.

I think their product is fantastic.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 03-15-2024 at 02:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ohio Performance (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 03:01 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,157 Likes on 736 Posts

What Bruce said, although I've never been in their shop.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

Thanks Bruce. I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I have emailed a few times now with no response, and given the answer I received on the phone today I’m concerned that the ability to tune this device is no longer supported. I also messaged Tom on RL to see if there’s a misunderstanding here.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:37 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,157 Likes on 736 Posts

Regardless of the website, assuming you have downloaded their software, you can tune your own parameters. I know some in this Forum have offered their solutions as well. It might be good to define what you want to change or what your conditions dictate.

Last edited by Wayne Smith; 03-15-2024 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:40 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

Thanks Wayne. That’s the issue; I cannot download the software because there are no registrations being issued per my conversation earlier today. All I’m looking for is the software but DSC said the only way to get it is their website, and it seems is not available. I’m hoping this is not the case so was looking to see if others have had success getting the software.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:46 PM
leeked
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

@Targanonymous Check your PMs.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:17 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by Targanonymous
Thanks Bruce. I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I have emailed a few times now with no response, and given the answer I received on the phone today I’m concerned that the ability to tune this device is no longer supported. I also messaged Tom on RL to see if there’s a misunderstanding here.
Bummer.... I am not sure what "not supported" means... If you don't have the software, I am sure they will email it to you. You can back up the existing configuration, play with it, and if you panic, reload the the original. If they really won't support it, you have a good community here. But if not, I get it. It still is a great addition to what I think is a flawed system in our cars.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Old 03-16-2024, 03:53 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 531 Posts

Worked for me.

https://dscsport.us10.list-manage.co...&id=aa175fdfd6
Old 03-16-2024, 09:16 AM
alfetta
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts

I am about to buy the controller. Please keep the RL group informed. I am on pause....
Old 03-16-2024, 09:18 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 3,953 Posts

I probably have the downloaded installation file for 64 but Windows. If you pm me your email, I'll send you the exe or whatever format it is.

It's a great product that transforms both the comfort and handling of the car - not many products that can do two opposite things.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:19 AM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Received 683 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by alfetta
I am about to buy the controller. Please keep the RL group informed. I am on pause....
Don’t pause, buy it. OOTB settings are transformational. Changing settings is incremental in effectiveness and a bonus that may get you from 95% perfection to 98. Buy it!
Old 03-16-2024, 11:44 AM
Canada911S
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Targanonymous
Has anybody been able to download the tuning software for the DSC controller recently? I have tried to register several times through their website with no luck. I called the company and they said there is nobody currently employed on that side of the business, and there is no way to download or register the software except the website which is not working.

Any insight would be helpful, but certainly would not recommend this device to future buyers if it doesn’t offer the customization features they advertise.
FWIW, I just went to their website, subscribed, and immediately received an email with a link to download the tuner software. No issues.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:42 PM
Targanonymous
Intermediate

Thanks for the support everybody. After your comments I just went back and tried to download and was able to get the software!

I’ll update the first post for future browsers.

Let me know if anybody has a nice “city road” profile they’re using.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2024, 11:04 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Just to reiterate what others have said, the dsc module is a great product and could probably be one of the best bang for your buck mod you can do for your porsche... tom and the group have also been very helpful! To the op glad you got the software... I'm wondering actually what software it is you are referring to.. when I got my unit , everything was in it already and I plugged it in and started working... or maybe your referring to to programming software...

Quick Reply: DSC tuning software