Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the Plunge 06' Carrera C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 02:13 AM
rmklaw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally picked up the car from Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, TX and drove it in one shot to Denver. Needless to say the car performed like a dream, whether was great. So, in one day I put 800 miles. The experience with Boardwalk Porsche was nothing less than outstanding. They picked me up at DFW and when we got to the dealership, the car was in a glass enclosed "delivery building" where they were finalizing the detailing. Very thorough preparation and PDI, great sales person and great finance team to handle the paperwork. All in all, great dealer and highly recommended for out of state purchases.

Richard
'06 997 C43 Black/full leather tan interior (one day old)
Sport Shifter
Upgraded Bose Sound
Nvigation
Sport Chrono Plus
Sport Exhaust
Color wheel centers
Crest in seats
Power seats
TPM
Old 12-05-2005, 03:48 AM
Sobe
Pro

Lot of people doing the out of state thing and finding the best price that way . It is a great way to have a good one way road trip also . I got tired of dealing with dealers in my LA area years ago and started doing this and found not only were the trips fun but some of these smaller dealers around the country are great to deal with compared to large cities with high demand . The one thing that is tricky is finding a clear bra installer in that city before you take the road trip home .
Old 12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
infestation
Instructor

Richard,

Sounds like you had a great experience.

That's a sweet set of options, too.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Congratulations on the new C4 AND the road trip! These cars were made to be driven and you are on the right track! Time now to find another set of snow wheels and tires for it and truly enjoy it in the environment it was built for. I can't say enough about a 911 in snow. For many years my 911s were my daily drivers (now I have too many cars) and I drove them snow or shine. The performance in snow is incredible. Many years ago I was returning from a ski trip at Vail or Beaver Creek and was coming down and heading east on I70. The authorities diverted us all off the freeway east of Denver because of drifting snow. I wound up on a south running road for many miles, and then east again. I didn't want to stop to put chains on my 911 (because of the PITA of having to remove them again before I got close to home). That car just could not be stopped! It literally plowed on through when everything else became stuck. Had I had the chains on it would have been able to tackle anything! Only once did I get stuck in snow in a 911,--and the snow drifts were about 24 inches high!

Oh, those fun snow days!

Dan
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM
rmklaw
Instructor

Thank you for the encouragment Dan. I am looking for a set of wheels and winter tires now.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobe
Lot of people doing the out of state thing and finding the best price that way . It is a great way to have a good one way road trip also . I got tired of dealing with dealers in my LA area years ago and started doing this and found not only were the trips fun but some of these smaller dealers around the country are great to deal with compared to large cities with high demand . The one thing that is tricky is finding a clear bra installer in that city before you take the road trip home .
I thought CA doesn't allow out of state car purchase.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:04 PM
tlsmithx
Intermediate

Congratulations rmklaw - great car/options! How do you like the sport shifter (although you've done mostly highway driving)?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 AM
rmklaw
Instructor

Hard to tell yet because I have nothing to gauge it against (no experience with the standard shifter). I thought that it would be shorter throw. I am sure it is an improvement over the standard.

Love the whole setup, thou. Best part was the radar detector going on 287 through Texas.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Richard,
Congratulations on your car.

I was watching the Weather Channel over the weekend because I knew you were making the drive and I think the "Karma" paid off for you.

I'll be picking up my car sometime next month and driving from Florida to Las Vegas.

Send me some Weather Channel "Karma" next month.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:34 PM
rmklaw
Instructor

Thank you Holli82. It was a great trip. 800 miles cruising along from Dallas to Denver in clear wheather and low temperatures in the dream car. Performed beautiful and the for-wheel drive made it feel like it was riding on tracks. Boardwalk Porsche did a wonderful job preparing it and with attention to detail, making the purchase a pleasurable experience (highlly recommend the sales person, Davis and the financial people).

You will also enjoy your trip to Las Vegas and I am sending all the good weather and fair winds.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Johnny V
Instructor

any pics yet ?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
rmklaw
Instructor

No pictures yet. If the wheather cooperates this weekend , after detailing it, I will take pictures and post them (too much snow on my driveway and -5 degrees)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM
rmklaw
Instructor

Well, given the snow in Denver, after taking delivery in Dallas and driving it back to Denver, all I can do is admire it in the garage and continue giving coats of Zaino Bros until the roads dry up. So far five coats of Z2 with ZFX plus five coats of Z6 plus one final coat of show conditioner Z8. Car looks incredible. I will take it out of the garage this coming weekend and post some pictures.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:06 PM
rmklaw
Instructor

Default Pictures of my New '06 C4S Posted

Finished the Zaino Bros. paint detailing. Five coats of Z21 with ZFX plus five coats of Z6 plus a final coat of show enhancer Z8. Now I have to start using it.

Check out what Zaino Bros tratment does.

Last edited by rmklaw; 12-24-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:13 AM
rjmaclean
Track Day

rmklaw...I REALLY like the solid black with the full Sand interior combo.

I just picked up mine last month.

I got Seal Grey w/full black leather and the center in Aluminum-look.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Took the Plunge 06' Carrera C4S