Sponsored by:

Went to see my car today - WooHoo

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:41 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Dave and have fun on your first day at your new job!

The car looks great, the rear sexy and the undercarrage HOT - Just like some racecar!

Shoot me your jpeg's if you want me to correct for the lights...
Old 11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats. That was a fast trip across the Atlantic. Seems like you were just saying ON VESSEL. The rear of that car is beautiful.

Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet, the wait is finally over! Congrats.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Coochas, incredible car....and thanks for the gold mine of stuff on your website. Best of luck with the new job.

If you get a chance, post a pic of those trick illuminated C4S door sills.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Congratulations. Beautiful color combo. You'll love the full leather. Hope the weather stays nice for you. And if it gets snowy, who cares, you've got your 4S. You will love the navigation system. Two weeks ago I took my car just outside of Boston to watch my son play in a highschool playoff game at Milford High School, just outside of Quincy. What a great day and drive. It was sunny, no one was on the road, and my baby was tearing up the road. Thanks to the nav system it delivered me right to Milford Academy where the team dressed and then down the road to the field. Our school lost to Thayer Academy 13-0 but they played well. Coming back to Connecticut was just as much fun. Long drives are the best. Drive well and safe.

Jay
Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Great color!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:45 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Congrats Coochas, good luck trying to get some sleep, you'll be thinking about her all night long.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 AM
FlyingLow
Racer

Thumbs up

Your first Porsche and you got Speed Yellow! From one Speed Yellow owner to another, HELL YEAH!!!

Nice job Coochas. Be prepared for many compliments from the general public. I had a guy pull up next to me at a light and tell me he wishes he were me. You just can't stop smiling. Now your wife will think she can send you on any little errand she wants (like mine), and the best part is you don't care! "Honey I think we're getting a little low on milk, I better go to the store." 45 minutes later... wife: "where the hell have you been?" This will be your life.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
...the left rear tire caught on something and popped it in a big way. Fortunately the rim received no damage.
Popped it in a big way??? ... Was the tire damaged? If so, the dealership will replace it, as you no doubt know. But I'm concerned about any further damage that may have been done. Remember that guy (I can't remember his handle but I remember his avatar with his black 997 on a grassy field) who bought a used launch 997 that had a handling problem that was due to a bent link? We were trying to figure out how it got bent in the first place, and it never crossed our minds that it could have happened during delivery while unloading off the truck. Anyway, I sure hope for your sake that nothing in the suspension got damaged during that major "pop". Make sure you have them do a thorough inspection of those apparently delicate suspension members.

Good luck on your first day of your new life with a new job and a brand new fat-assed, bad-assed 911! ... With winter right around the corner, your memorable phrase takes on a new meaning: "Survival of the Fattest!"
Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoohooo! Congrats Coochas! I couldn't be happier for you.

You are making me wish I would have gone with the speed yellow! I had cancelled a 996 C4s Cab speed yellow order a couple years back. As someone else said, I wish I had the guts to order it this time!

Enjoy dude. Be sure to let me know all the gory details after you've driven her.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:19 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Very cool! Love the look on your face while sitting in it.. Great stuff!
Good luck with your new job. And tell your new boss you need take off at noon to go see your car Hell, call in sick
Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Vintage
Intermediate

Awewome, Coochas!!! Awesome car, awesome color. I looooove yellow!! I am waiting for a yellow (Actually fly yellow--the fayence yellow apparently won't bond to steel) C2s coupe and it is taking forever. It's my first Porsche too. Seeing yours finally arrive gives me a glimmer of hope. Loved seeing your butt firmly planted on that seat . Looks like they'll have to pry the steering wheel from your hands to finish prepping the car. Good luck and thanks for sharing all your stuff with us.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:48 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats and enjoy. Saturday will not come quick enough.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:44 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stan523

If you get a chance, post a pic of those trick illuminated C4S door sills.
I was wondering what that looked like as well. I second this request!

Congrats on the car.

I was just in Boston for the thanksgiving break, and at least north of boston, where I was, it DID SNOW! So, be careful, freezing rain is very difficult to drive on.

I also noticed that there seemed like there were ZERO 911 cars out there (in boston). I now live in LA and I cant go 2 minutes without seeing a 911. Maybe its is just the fall season, but your SUN SPOT YELLOW 911 is going to be just a wave of energy driving around.

Enjoy the car. My 911 just got SPPCNA for FEB 2006 build.

They werent able to find a January build slot

Greg

ps. Your face and your expressions are 100% classic. The way you look will get even more extreme AFTER you drive and then even more than that after you track it
Old 12-01-2005, 07:51 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Beautiful car. Congratulations and safe driving.

Quick Reply: Went to see my car today - WooHoo