Sponsored by:

New 997 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 04:28 AM
samka
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 997 C4S

The waiting was finally over yesterday and I took delivery of my C4S cab. It is fantastic and well worth the wait! It was raining here in London but the car felt very sure-footed (although not pushed very hard, of course!) It is arctic silver/terracotta and I think it looks great!

There are a couple of problems which I am going to speak to the dealer about today which I wanted to asked Renllist members advice about:

1. One of the tiptronic steering wheel toggle switches (the left one) doesn't work properly. It shifts down instantly but the upshift either does not occur at all or only does so intermittently if pressed very hard and held down for 1-2 seconds. The other switch works properly. I think it must be an electrical contact problem at the switch. Could it be to do with software? My previous car is a boxster tip and the swithches worked fine. Is the tip switch an easy item for the centre to sort out? I have the thicker sports steering wheel and am reluctant to have the wheel dismantled so early on. In my experience this sort of work has led to damage to the leather etc. Should I be asking for a new steering wheel...?

2. The aluminium plastic strip over the cup holders is not quite straight (horizontal). Can this be adjusted easily (by me?!) Again, I don't want to risk damage to the leather.

Apart from these things, the car is very good! I will post some pics if anyone would like to see them.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 AM
samka
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry the last message should have read RENNLIST members not renllist (typing too fast before going to work!)
Old 01-19-2006, 09:37 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by samka
The waiting was finally over yesterday and I took delivery of my C4S cab. It is fantastic and well worth the wait! It was raining here in London but the car felt very sure-footed (although not pushed very hard, of course!) It is arctic silver/terracotta and I think it looks great!...

Apart from these things, the car is very good! I will post some pics if anyone would like to see them.
First and foremost - CONGRATS!!! I'm glad your wait is over!

Second - I would suggest you start out with a "reasonable" request rather than initially asking for replacement parts. Give the service department a chance to repair the steering wheel controls and aluminum strip on the cup holders. Just tell them about your concern of damage to the leather. If it does not get repaired to your satisfaction, then you have the option to pursue replacement parts. This approach might help set a "better" (read amicable) tone for future service needs!

Third - As for the pics and "...if anyone would like to see them." Are you kidding me?!?! We are Pic ******... OF COURSE we want to see them!!! In fact, we will hound you mercilessly until you post pics! Really looking forward to seeing your arctic silver/terracotta combo!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:03 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTTC!

Sweeet, congrats! Pics Please!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:33 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by samka
Sorry the last message should have read RENNLIST members not renllist (typing too fast before going to work!)
Congratulations first of all - and like Tim said, we live for pics, so post some soon.

2nd of all, I hope your minor problems get resolved soon and to your satisfaction.

Last of all, if you realize you made a typo or would like to rephrase something, you need only click on the edit icon on the lower right side of your post (the one that looks like a sheet of paper with a pencil) and you can edit your post that way.

Originally Posted by texas911
WTTC!
Tex, what does WTTC mean???

Quick Reply: New 997 C4S