Sponsored by:

Violent Crash on Autobahn

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:44 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
You are obviously really tuned in to our forum averaging about 1 post per month. Thanks for clarifying the social dynamics at play here.
Classic.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:13 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 141 Posts

Impressive. Considering the massive damage and the apparent speed at which the driver took out the guardrail and posts, the car (driver compartment) held up very well.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:49 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
LV, if you go to the original post from a few days ago, we've determined that its not actually on the autobahn.
thanks TX. Can't believe I missed that one from before.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Scuderia
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another reason why I drive Porsche. You would not have the occupants standing there besides the vehicle if that were american made. Thank you for posting.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:01 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it was long overdue for an oil change.

MC
Old 05-07-2006, 03:29 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsixx
You missed the point altogether. The real motivation behind all of this search foolishness is building post count. Somehow that tends to inflate ego!
Search foolishness???

Well, you've clearly revealed your level of intelligence, or lack thereof, haven't you?

The real motivation, for your information, in getting others to scroll down to see if the subject was just recently discussed is just the opposite, it's to reduce post count and minimize the repetitive queries as a courtesy to the community here. If no one checks to see if the same question was already asked and answered, or the same information was posted and seen, the place will quickly become a boring pit of mindless chatter among those with short term memory problems that the majority will soon tire of and eventually lose interest in, and the forum will fall into decay and lose the vitality it currently enjoys.

There's a reason why the 997 Forum is what it is today - one of the most vital forums here. It's through the efforts of many of us to make it, and keep it, a good neighborhood where we can enjoy the comraderie of friends as we share our knowledge of the latest 911 model.

By the way, if you keep up this attitude, don't be surprised if the next time you ask for help (such as if anyone has had success in polishing their exhaust tips) that you get a tepid response, if at all.
Originally Posted by cayuga
wolfgang is an OC Ben wanna be. Pretty tiresome if you ask me. Get your own schtick.
I'm sorry, but how could that be tiring to you, Mr. One-who-pokes-his-head-in-here-once-a-month?

It is not a schtick. As I've noted, it's in the best interests of us all to keep this a place you'll want to visit more than once a month.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

wolfgang is an OC Ben wanna be
I'm already his wife. I think that's enough.
Originally Posted by ohsixx
The real motivation is building post count. Somehow that tends to inflate ego!
I definitely need forum posts for that. Being a college professor and owning a Porsche and a consulting firm somehow does not cut it for my ego...

You've got to see it from the educational point of view, kids. Getting the same question for the second or third or fourth time... what does that say about the person asking it? Plus, those who DID listen the first time are going to be ticked off rather quickly. It's a waste of resources, on top of all.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:53 PM
cayuga
Banned

The point I was making Wolfgang is for whatever reason OC Ben views it as his job to critique those who ask question which have already been asked. As for wast of resources, its your "yeh, what he said... and meaner" posts which are a waste of resources. As I said, OC Ben wants to play master of the universe, why not spare us the mini me impersonations.

As for the ego gratification of being a college professor, I wont touch that one.....
Old 05-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

for whatever reason OC Ben views it as his job to critique those who ask question which have already been asked
You are really clueless, right? For a moment I had hope and thought you might just be trying to provoke us. So here it goes: There are few on this forum who have contributed as much as OCBen has. Once you can come up with something meaningful, maybe you will appreciate that for the sake of organized and valuable information we (and that's not just Ben and mini-me) are trying to reduce repetition to a minimum. I don't know how long you would stick to a book that says the same thing on every other page.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow! A grand total of 8 posts and already stirring the pot. Classic troll activity by cayuga.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tough crowd tonight.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 PM
cayuga
Banned

So Mr. Mtrx was supposed to search this site before posting a link of the p car accident? What should he have searched for "p car accidents"? Also, agreed OCBen has contributed much to the site, but does that give him license to be rude and obnoxious to new users who aren't familiar with the "site rules" (as dictated by OCBen and Woflgang)? Go back and look at OCBen's response to Mr. Mtrx posting. It was sarcastic and rude. Then Wolfgang piles on with a useless "i would have been more obnoxious post."

Perhaps if frequent users like OCBen were a bit more welcoming and a bit less condescending toward new users, there would be more new users on this site. I am willing to bet the self annointed gestapo chase away more users than a few redundant posts.

Moreover, there appears to be nothing redundant about Mr. Mtrx's posts since at least 5 or 5 posters responded before the rennlist cops showed up and tried to make him feel foolish.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:58 PM
cayuga
Banned

So Mr. Mtrx was supposed to search this site before posting a link of the p car accident? What should he have searched for "p car accidents"? Also, agreed OCBen has contributed much to the site, but does that give him license to be rude and obnoxious to new users who aren't familiar with the "site rules" (as dictated by OCBen and Woflgang)? Go back and look at OCBen's response to Mr. Mtrx posting. It was sarcastic and rude. Then Wolfgang piles on with a useless "i would have been more obnoxious post."

Perhaps if frequent users like OCBen were a bit more welcoming and a bit less condescending toward new users, there would be more new users on this site. I am willing to bet the self annointed gestapo chase away more users than a few redundant posts.

Moreover, there appears to be nothing redundant about Mr. Mtrx's posts since at least 5 or 5 posters responded before the rennlist cops showed up and tried to make him feel foolish.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll take it a step further. This has been posted in OT, where it belongs, and discussed in length.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

.....and so ends another discussion that probably belonged in OT all along.

Marc

Quick Reply: Violent Crash on Autobahn