Sponsored by:

Hot Defroster

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:42 AM
dgwhitten
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hot Defroster

I've searched and looked in the owner's manual but for the life of me I can't figure out why my defroster blows sirocco like. Every other auto that I have owned hasn't roasted me for the sake of de-fogging. Any guidance will be most appreciated.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You might want to check out the thread this is taken from for more background:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...5&postcount=15
Old 05-10-2006, 12:06 PM
dgwhitten
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Obiwan. Guess when I read the book I read "defroster". So, this means turn on the AC to defrost? These P cars sure have some interesting quirks. But then, I really like the 3 blink turn signal thingee among all the other reasons while I smile when I get in.
Thanks again.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is standard VAG/PAG design philosophy on all climate controls (at least they no longer spell 'Manual' as 'Manuel'). The use of hot air in non icing environments does defog the windshield better/quicker than cold air....athough US drivers are not quite accustomed to this practice.

If you prefer a US style defogger, then you have to turn on the A/C and adjust the airflow to the windshield....and ignore the defroster button.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 AM
akim47
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... bringing a thread back from a long time ago...

something I never knew. Here in soCal, we actually had some rain today. As I was driving home, the windshield started fogging a bit. I've never had to do this before, so I was suprised when a blast of roasting hot air came to the windows and made the windows even foggier. I seriously didn't know what to do. I drove slowly and had to peek through the small opening that was clear. By the time the window was not foggy, i was sweating like a pig!!!

Searched the topic, and found this. Interesting...
Old 07-22-2010, 09:54 AM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on humid days the upper vent on the ac always fogs the lower windscreen Im always off auto and use vents and lower vents for ac shutting off the upper defrost vents

Quick Reply: Hot Defroster