Sponsored by:

Rob (riad), this pic's for you

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyBiz
I just got pullled over for doing twice the limit. Snapping a pic might have f-ed me so I didn't have the cojones...
Ouch!

Knock on wood I haven't recieved my ticket in the mail yet so hopefully his threat was more of a warning to spook me (which it did).
Old 05-25-2006, 02:31 AM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
ticket?
reckless driving?
feel for ya!
The cop just gave me a no seat belt ticket and said that if he gave me the ticket for speeding my license would have got suspended. It was on Main Street in Nyack, dont know if it was 30 or 25 mph zone but I was driving around midnight about to get gas and he pulled me over. I saw him before and thought it was a cab and wasn't really trying to speed but probably was gng 50 not 60... He was following me for a couple miles. Is it true that they can only pace u/follow u for a certain distance or is that just a myth? And the messed up part is that i was pulled over like twice before on that road and one cop said the same thing, the other said i was gng way too fast and gave me a ticket but he didn't show for court so it was dismissed... Maybe because it is a hill so I have to push the gas? I was wondering if it was a cop which made me wonder if I was really gng that fast... Maybe for a second or two... I had an idea for a mode in your car where u could set it and the car won't go over he speed limit. It would be like nav but the car would know the speed limit everywhere in the country and not go over. I think the some towns wouldn't give up the info so easy because they want the money from tickets...
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I have one for the Wall of Shame... 72 in a 50, but it was in NJ so no points on my license. Why didn't my radar save me, see second pic.
Attached Images   
Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by riad
I have one for the Wall of Shame... 72 in a 50, but it was in NJ so no points on my license. Why didn't my radar save me, see second pic.
DOH!!!!!! That sucks!

BTW, I never got a ticket in the mail for my post that started this thread.

I had a very funny run-in with the law this morning that I'm going to post in a different thread.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
No, sadly it wouldn't have made a difference in this case as the guy behind me was seen, not heard.

However, I hear your point. If that becomes an issue, then i'll probably reconnect it -- begrudingly.
This would be one time where have the PSE still connected to the Sport switch would would come in handy.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 AM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Riad said I should post this pic on this thread so here you go! 71 in a 55 but reduced to Failure to Obey highway sign.
Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 95993
Riad said I should post this pic on this thread so here you go! 71 in a 55 but reduced to Failure to Obey highway sign.

Good one!

I just got pulled over for my 2nd time ever in my 911 this weekend for doing 31 in 15 (inside Lake Sammamish State Park). I totally ignored the V1 going off because A. I didn't think I was speeding, and B. who radars in a state park parking lot???

At any rate, I got a warning and when I was driving off it dawned on me I forgot to take the hall of fame shot. I was so ticked off!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:30 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I think it should be a whole car-afficianado thing if you have any sort of sports-type car (Porsche, Lambo, F-car, Corvette). You have to get either you and the copper, or you, the copper, and a great shot of the rear fenders of the car. It will be like a battle scar.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe I started this trend back in 69'....
Newport Beach, Ca.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I believe I started this trend back in 69'....
Newport Beach, Ca.
That's the winning shot!

Quick Reply: Rob (riad), this pic's for you