Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much rain can the convertible top handle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobe
Oh please. It's a car not a faberge egg.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Deven
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
I' I've never had a problem with the soft top leaking, even going through car washes.
I too have gone through some car washes, but I am partcular in using the 'touch less ones'. Many times on a weekday, we get some rain and then a dust storm, the car looks horrible, and I do not have time to wash the car till the weekend, I use the touchless wash to tie me over. I have not had the nerve to use the regular washes.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deven
I too have gone through some car washes, but I am partcular in using the 'touch less ones'. Many times on a weekday, we get some rain and then a dust storm, the car looks horrible, and I do not have time to wash the car till the weekend, I use the touchless wash to tie me over. I have not had the nerve to use the regular washes.
I'm suffering from second Porsche syndrome. I used to wash my 2001 with a diaper, the 2004 I hand washed just once I think.

But truth be told I really don't have 4 hours on any day to clean my car. It's so low on the priority list that it just doesn't get done.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:54 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
I notice when I wash the car that I get some drips on the area by the two little windows.
I have the same problem but it's on the passenger side front window
Old 07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
I'm suffering from second Porsche syndrome. I used to wash my 2001 with a diaper, the 2004 I hand washed just once I think.

But truth be told I really don't have 4 hours on any day to clean my car. It's so low on the priority list that it just doesn't get done.
Same here. If it happens to be a pretty day and not too hot (that's like 4 days a year in Atlanta), and I have nothing better to do, sometimes I'll wash my car myself - 2 buckets and all that. 99% of the time these guys take care of it for me.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Same here. If it happens to be a pretty day and not too hot (that's like 4 days a year in Atlanta), and I have nothing better to do, sometimes I'll wash my car myself - 2 buckets and all that. 99% of the time these guys take care of it for me.
There's a great car wash on Rt. 17 in NJ that's touchless and they do detailing (right next door to the Bada Bing of Sapranos fame) they take pics of the nice cars and put them on the wall... zillions of celebs and all types of exotic cars. My pic is there.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:42 AM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 141 Posts

A friend of mine runs his car through the car wash weekly and I hand wash my daily driver, 745Li. His car has significantly more scratches than mine. I think we all know this and make the choice given the time we have.

Quick Reply: How much rain can the convertible top handle?