Sponsored by:

easiest color to Maintain

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
CharlieJr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easiest color to Maintain

I just want a nice sports car to drive around for fun, on pretty much a daily basis - - through bad weather, road construnction, etc.

I may be in the slimmest of minorities here on this board, but external color doesn't mean all that much to me and I don't want to spend a lot of time performing crazy washing/waxing routines. (Though I am fastidious about mechanical maintenance.)

Red, yellow and black are out. Soooo, is boring, tired, much too common Arctic Silver the easiest? Actually, I do like the color. After a number of darker/black cars, I just want something easy to maintain!!

Also, in real life, is GT Silver any type of improvement over AS?? (Is it just a different shade or is the paint/finish truly "better".)
Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I think Silver is the easiest.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

I agree that silver is easy to maintain, but why would you care if you will be driving in all sorts of weather, construction etc.?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Friday
Intermediate

I had Artic silver very easy-Have a 07 C2S on the wayin Meteor - We'll see-- good luck
Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
CharlieJr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jnx
I agree that silver is easy to maintain, but why would you care if you will be driving in all sorts of weather, construction etc.?
jnx - I do like the car to be nice looking, and will work to keep it clean. I would just like the extra effort to do this kept to a minimum. I appreciate the glowing beauty of a well maintained dark car - - it's just not me to do this kind of work. To each his own...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Ron Adair
Racer

I've got an artic silver 993 & a black 997... the 993 requires virtually no attention compared to the 997.

The 993 has scratches that I can't see. I'm sure of it.

The 997 is clean.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Friday
I had Artic silver very easy-Have a 07 C2S on the wayin Meteor - We'll see-- good luck
My 05 997S is seal gray - very easy to maintain. But I have an artic silver GT3 on the way, just for variety. I hope it is as easy to maintain as the seal gray. Meteor should be comparable to seal.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Seal Gray here as well - hardly shows dirt at all...

GT Silver is a very striking shade of silver on a 997. Try to find one in person before you decide on a color. If I was going to order again, I'd get Atlas Gray or Cobalt Blue. Both are AMAZING colors in person...
Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
tkids
Pro

Must agree with Seal Grey. Dull when it is dirty, beautiful shine when it is clean. I did see the GT Silver in person in the sun and it is striking!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Seal Gray here as well - hardly shows dirt at all...

GT Silver is a very striking shade of silver on a 997. Try to find one in person before you decide on a color. If I was going to order again, I'd get Atlas Gray or Cobalt Blue. Both are AMAZING colors in person...
Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silver is easy to maintain. I have a black car too and it's a pain to keep clean.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Any of ther lighter silverish metallics will be the easiest,--and hence, the reason for their popularity. Today's Porsche drivers don't want to be bothered with washing and waxing. Unfortunately, you will also blend right in with every other car as well as 911 out there. Good luck in a large shopping center parking lot (finding your car after you've parked it).
Old 01-12-2007, 12:10 AM
CharlieJr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Any of ther lighter silverish metallics will be the easiest,--and hence, the reason for their popularity. Today's Porsche drivers don't want to be bothered with washing and waxing. Unfortunately, you will also blend right in with every other car as well as 911 out there. Good luck in a large shopping center parking lot (finding your car after you've parked it).
Edgy - I truly like the custom blue of your car, and I'm sure such a color would bring a smile to my face were it my car (as well as making it easier to find in the lot!).

However, as mine will be a daily driver, with frequent visits to clients, I'm actually looking for a car that will blend in more. I'm getting the car for performance, quality and reliablity (fingers crossed on this last point) - - so outside color, for me, is only secondary. Also the reason why I'm getting a coupe.

If someday I get one as more of a weekend/fun car, then it will be a brightly (custom?) colored cab. Also, if/when I live in Sunny CA then I can get a sunnier colored car!

Last edited by CharlieJr; 01-12-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Ron Adair
Racer

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Dan -

Stepped up BIG TIME... I pay dues for the beauty of black.

The 997 sits in the garage and it needs attention.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:36 AM
sidway
7th Gear

Silver tones are easiest but White is surprisingly easy AND one of the safest colors on the road.

I have been run off the road in Silver cars numerous times by drivers who just plain didn't see me. Those silver/tan tones blend in with the pavement. It is to the point that I won't let me kids have those colors.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i say Silver... i have Artic..... super easy.....

Quick Reply: easiest color to Maintain