Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: do you park your P-Car in the garage?
every night?
95.43%
weekends, non-work nights only?
0.91%
or keep it outside, covered or not?
3.65%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Do you park your car in the garage every night?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Bestleo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nightly in the garage!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Bestleo
Advanced

This is the garage.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next silly question
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 208 Posts

Every night. This is because we live in Boston where everybody parks by 'feel' and I am fortunate enough to have a parking space that is part of my condo property. My old Audi never got keyed or broken into when it spent the night on the streets of Boston however the bumpers really got chewed up from people parallel parking 'on' it.
We rent a space a block away for my wife's new Cayenne and her old Forester - frankly in the winters here, you NEVER want to dig a car out after a storm (although I'm not sure it is going to snow this year in Boston!!!!!).
If we lived in some 'tropical' like place, I guess a car port would suffice.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Park outside? I don't think so.

The results of this survey are a real shocker, aren't they?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
jplanaux
Instructor

My problem: New Porsche to arrive in approx 2 weeks. Presently have a 2 car garage that houses (2) garage kept Beemers. (1) is wifes daily driver. The other is a practically new Z4. Wifie insists on parking in the garage.

My solution: Either build a new 2 car garage in the back or I was thinking of putting Z4 on a lift and parking Porsche underneath. I was really liking the lift until I found a picture of a BMW on a colapsed lift. I can imagine my horror when I hear a huge crash and see my slightly dented Z4 sitting on top of my brand new Porsche.

I am leaning towards a new garage.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Florio
7th Gear

Very funny thread; yes it is an American thing to turn the garage into a yard-sale warehouse (LINO=last-in-never-out).
We are renovating, are camping out in a townhouse compound with garages; you won't believe the amount of stuff people can store in a 2-car garage. And what's up with leaving the garage doors open at night; is that a Texas thing ?

Lived in Boston, London; yes it's all true. Bostonians take parallel parking with a grain of tea. On my way to the tube, I was always in awe of the high-$ cars parked overnight on the Kensington streets.

Anyways, the pressure is on since QKENUFF shared his ER/Garage lay-out with the forum. I will have to seriously consider the plan for the garage remodel..........
Old 02-08-2007, 01:40 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jplanaux
My problem: New Porsche to arrive in approx 2 weeks. Presently have a 2 car garage that houses (2) garage kept Beemers. (1) is wifes daily driver. The other is a practically new Z4. Wifie insists on parking in the garage.

My solution: Either build a new 2 car garage in the back or I was thinking of putting Z4 on a lift and parking Porsche underneath. I was really liking the lift until I found a picture of a BMW on a colapsed lift. I can imagine my horror when I hear a huge crash and see my slightly dented Z4 sitting on top of my brand new Porsche.

I am leaning towards a new garage.

Or place the P-car on the lift and park the Z4 underneath.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can 993 owners play? I live in a mild climate (Santa Barbara, CA) so it rarely drops down below 35 degrees at night in the winter and it hardly ever rains (especially this year). I have a carport that for the most part keeps the car dry as a bone even when it rains sideways here. Always washed after use and covered up. Sad to say it doesn't get driven enough which is why I'm leaning towards leaving it in a friend's garage. I figure it will keep any potential thieves away from it and then the Forerunner won't be so jealous all the time!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:08 PM
jplanaux
Instructor

My slightly dented Porsche sitting on top of my crushed Z4 wouldn't make me feel any better.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

I wound up building a special outdoor storage area (covered) that is where I secure my outside stuff that many wind up stuffing in their garages. I'm very lucky to have a 3-car garage plus that outside storage for my Ferrari BCS rototiller, my wife-sized chipper shredder, lawnmower, concrete mixer, wheelbarrows...

If the Porsche goes to the office is sits in a fenced in area that has security cameras, active roving guards, and special magnetic cars and codes to get in!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
And during the week it's always covered with the DustTop in the garage.
OCBen, what is a DustTop? Is it different than a regular car cover? My 997 spends a lot of time in my garage and it gets dusty, not dirty. Is there a cover specifically for this problem?

Phil
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

I live in Manhattan. What? I'm going to park it on the street?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil S
OCBen, what is a DustTop? Is it different than a regular car cover? My 997 spends a lot of time in my garage and it gets dusty, not dirty. Is there a cover specifically for this problem?

Phil
Here you go Phil:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...6&postcount=16

Shop for the best prices:

http://www.carcoverguys.com/wolf_car...FRTWYAod6xVTjQ
Old 02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
MyEmily
Racer

QK, Favortisim to your F 360??? Got a rug right next to it... Nice color combo!!! I'm jealous...Fully Moved in yet? Very nice house!!!!

Quick Reply: Do you park your car in the garage every night?