Sponsored by:

Sport button

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Rivan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I use the sport mode about 98% of the time. I have to suspect Mitch of a bit of trolling, however. How can anyone with now two 997s under his belt (and one totalled) not know what the SPORT button is for? With all his posts he clearly monitors Rennlist,--and the subject of the SPORT button has been covered ad nauseum...
There is a sport button in every 997 GT3s. But I guess Mitch crush the GT3 before he try out the sport mode. I only use sport mode about 2% of the time. So most of us are used to one mode or another.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I use the sport mode about 98% of the time. I have to suspect Mitch of a bit of trolling, however. How can anyone with now two 997s under his belt (and one totalled) not know what the SPORT button is for? With all his posts he clearly monitors Rennlist,--and the subject of the SPORT button has been covered ad nauseum...
Not trolling at all. If you see how long I've been a member here you will realize I know about searching. Also, if you've ever searched, you will know just how frustrating it can be at times. So many threads go on wild tangents and never really answer the question. Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone with my question.

Yes, I have owned a GT-3 with a sport button and know what it does in that model. However, I would push the sport button in the C2S and besides stiffening the suspension (which I could deactivate seperately -but you knew that), it didn't really do anything. Now to be fair, I don't have the sport exhaust. That is the only reason I asked. In the GT-3 it added a few extra lbs of torque in the mid-band but in the C2S, I suspect it has little effect. BTW. in the GT-3 (which only saw street duty for the ride home from the dealer and was properly broken in on the track) always had the sport button on.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Most likely the reason I use the sport button is for the PSE. Thus the difference in usage. I have found it a bit difficult to switch my foot more than the button. I am used to how the vehicle accelerates with the sport engaged, and then can't imagine why anyone would select the mode that is less aggressive. I use it more to select the PSE to be on or off than for the other things (very minor) that it does.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
surfingbuddhist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Mitch's question is very valid. Having driven both cars (CS2,GT3) extensively, the sport button has different effects in both very different cars. Without PSE Mitch, you should notice a crisper feel in throttle response when Sport is on.

Quick Reply: Sport button