Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pelican Parts Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

They just lost my order that was going in tonight.......
Old 02-07-2008, 06:30 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. Ordered Lloyd mats from Pelican. Confirmed (or so I thought) over the phone (twice) that the 'S' in "Carrera S" would be in red. Mats showed up with the whole logo in black.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
I had the same problem. Ordered Lloyd mats from Pelican. Confirmed (or so I thought) over the phone (twice) that the 'S' in "Carrera S" would be in red. Mats showed up with the whole logo in black.
So what happened - did you have to "eat it" or did Pelican resolve this someway for you?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
So what happened - did you have to "eat it" or did Pelican resolve this someway for you?
Well, I was prepared to "eat it" because the time it would take to repackage the mats, go to the post office to mail them, etc., would cost more in terms of my time. (The mats were around $120 bucks). I figured I'd use them for a season and then order new ones.

But, at the urging of the 993 board, I called a customer rep at Pelican (Judy) who was actually really helpful and was in the process of straightening it out when, low and behold, the owner of Pelican came on the board, posted my actual name (which he later apologized for) and blamed me for screwing up the order.

Had he simply let his customer rep do her job, I'm sure it would have been resolved because she seemed really on the ball (unlike the order takers I placed the order with initially).

At that point, I was so annoyed (especially that he posted my identity on the internet-- in violation of RL rules), and that I was being blamed for something they screwed up, that I just bagged it.

I still have the mats, but I will be ordering new ones in the Spring from a different supplier, spec'd as I originally intended.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

It gets more interesting...as I suspected "ibmiked" isn't the only one mis-led by the ordering screens that Pelican has - there are probably many more. So Pelican is aware of the problem, reads posts on this board and still has not corrected the ordering problem or explained how to order correctly...how do these guys stay in business with such poor customer service? I'd avoid buying anything from them based on this. How about posting the link from the 993 board so we can see what Mr. Pelican said.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:18 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Since you asked, here is the link. I am hoping this won't dredge up the same old argument. I think the thread speaks for itself. (Note that the references to my "real" name were redacted by the site administrator).

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=34752
Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
.......... I think the thread speaks for itself.
Yes, it does. With the amount of competition out there, poor customer service is unforgivable as it is something entirely within the company's control.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I think the all silver looks better. More closely resembles what's on the car. The customer service is another thing.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

After reading Rome's previous dealings, I'd like to clarify that I ordered my mats from automotion.com. They came just as I wanted.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

PM Wayne at Peliican Parts
He is the CEO and a nice guy as well
Wayne R. Dempsey, CEO, Pelican Parts Inc
Old 02-07-2008, 10:14 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJones
If he does nothing else he should have his web administrator fix the ordering menus.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

The next time try Suncoast Porsche. Twice I have ordered the Carrera in Silver and the "S" in red. Each time my order came back correct. They have a great custom department and are there to satisfy you. I'm getting ready to order a new set for the spring. And I'm sure they will be correct with their order.

Good luck. I anticipate a happy ending.

Jay
Old 02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Jay (and everyone else)-

I was a little disturbed to read the thread with Rome and Wayne, but I'm forever an optimist and will give Pelican a chance to refund my money tomorrow. I'll also be on the phone first thing with Suncoast to get this order started all over again correctly.

I think it would be wise and cost effective for Pelican to remove these dual-color logos from their site as I'm sure these problems happen frequently and probably cost a ton. In their defense, it looks like the ordering system is supplied by Lloyds, as it looks like the system on other sites selling Lloyds mats. Either way it's a small mistake that looks like it costs big money to everyone involved.

In my opinion the customer can be wrong, but only if they actually are.

_
Old 02-08-2008, 12:53 AM
///alpinepower
Advanced

Originally Posted by MJones
too much work when another vendor is a click away
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 AM
springgeyser
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't feel bad. Imagine having a upcoming track day and not having all the brake parts you ordered from Pelican. I emailed them on the issue and the CSR Director respond that the missing parts will be resent. I never got the missing parts. Luckily my fellow track mate had spare parts.

Mad, yes, but over it. There are so many other companies where parts can be bought. On the flip side, my friend is a die hard Pelican customer that never experienced any issues.

Quick Reply: Pelican Parts Problem