Sponsored by:

Pelican Parts Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pelican Parts Problem

So as I have started to personalize my car I realized it might be a nice touch to order Lloyds floor mats with the car's logo on them to pizazz things up a bit. Being a good Rennlister, I turned to the sponsor section and decided to give my hard earned money to Pelican Parts.

So I go to their website and begin the process of ordering my mats in the color combination I want. When I get to the embroidery page, I'm faced with a dilemma. The image shows that the Carrera 4 can be in silver and the "S" can be in red. Nowhere is it possible to specify this though.

Being internet savvy and aware of the problems that can arise from ordering something 'customized', I decided to call Pelican for clarification. I got a very nice gentleman in the Sales department who explained to me that the "S" will be in red , and that I must choose the color for the 'Carrera 4' part of the logo. This seemed to make sense to me, since the mat itself can be ordered in any color, and you would think that the Carrera S could benefit most from coming in a variety of colors. I asked him if I should then order silver thread in order to get the exact color combination pictured. He assured me that was the correct process and would yield the desired result.

You guessed it. Today my Lloyds mats arrived and the entire logo is silver. A full four piece set as well as the additional piece for the rear decklid are wrong. So I'm disappointed right? I mean I dropped almost $300 on mats that UPS tracking said would be in my car this afternoon.

The problem; Pelican refuses to take them back and send the proper mats. I explained the whole situation, being clear to state that it was their own staff member who steered me wrong, but I'm out of luck. They told me they don't make them, and Lloyds will not accept them back.

So Pelican, I have one thing to say to you; You should be ashamed. I've placed a new order for the correct mats, and refused to accept delivery of the incorrect ones from UPS. I'm now contacting my credit card company to dispute these charges. I could have been a customer for life, now I'm a Pelican naysayer.

end rant

Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That stinks!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Challenge them with your credit card.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats very interesting. I had a hard time building what I wanted on their website as well. I wanted a different color on the edge binding to match the logo. Was going to call but I see that didnt help you. Any other choices out there?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,009 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by pred8or
Thats very interesting. I had a hard time building what I wanted on their website as well. I wanted a different color on the edge binding to match the logo. Was going to call but I see that didnt help you. Any other choices out there?
Haven't ordered here yet but looks like they're selling the same products as pelican.

http://www.automotion.com/ProductPage.aspx?pid=110421
Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Pred -

Although not a Rennlist sponsor, you can try Sunset Porsche in Oregon. Their 'Excellence' discount is cost+15%+actual shipping.

Just go to the Lloyd website, figure out what you want, call Sunset up and tell them what you want. It will be sent to them and they will then send it to you.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm guessing they look like mine?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the looked the same. Has anyone ever used www.floormatguys.com ? They are the only ones that I found that had a binding or edging choice. I wish these websites showed a picture after you build so you know what your getting.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:40 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Pred -

Although not a Rennlist sponsor, you can try Sunset Porsche in Washington state. Their 'Excellence' discount is cost+15%+actual shipping.

Just go to the Lloyd website, figure out what you want, call Sunset up and tell them what you want. It will be sent to them and they will then send it to you.
Do you mean Sunset Imports in Oregon? www.sunsetimports.com - great guys to work with.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:42 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Yup.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:43 PM
ibmiked
Pro

I'm guessing they look like mine?
Yep, just with a silver 4 also.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

That's unfortunate especially since you were "guided" through the process by one of their sales people. They are pretty clear on their return policy though - no returns on custom products. I'd go back at them and say their web site is mis-leading - the drop down menu for the Carrera 4S logo is exactly as you wanted it but that's not the way they were manufactured. No matter what color mat or color thread you choose using their website the logo drop down for Carrera 4S is always the same - black with a red S - completely mis-leading. Any color and you're still going to get the logo as shown. Ask them what you (or the next customer) should have selected on the drop down menus to get what you wanted. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Thanks, they said that the drop down menu referred only to the "S" and that the "Carrera 4" comes in silver only. I'm not sure how I was supposed to know that, especially being told the exact OPPOSITE by their own sales staff. "Shop at Pelican Parts; for the clairvoyant Porsche owner"
Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Thanks, they said that the drop down menu referred only to the "S" and that the "Carrera 4" comes in silver only. I'm not sure how I was supposed to know that, especially being told the exact OPPOSITE by their own sales staff. "Shop at Pelican Parts; for the clairvoyant Porsche owner"
You still need to tell them that the Carrera 4S will always be black with silver Carrera and red S as shown in the drop down - extremely mis-leading. You can't be the only one who was confused by this and ordered wrong.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
AP997S
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered a set close to what you described for my old Boxster S from Performance Automation a few years back. Black mats, Red 'Boxster' and Silver 'S'. I telephoned the order since the on-line process didn't include that featue (just as you stated). Bottomline they got it right.

Hopefully you paid by CC so you can simply suspend payment until its sorted out to your satisfaction.

Good Luck

Last edited by AP997S; 11-21-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Pelican Parts Problem