Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has doctorpcar left the building?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has doctorpcar left the building?

So, was doctorpcar truly just an obsessed, compulsive, over-worked, misunderstood fanatical purchaser of a car he knew nothing about, with no ability to read sales brochures, the information at porscheusa.com or to search the forum? Or was he just yanking our chains?

When we got to the point where he said he couldn't take two hours to pick up his new car, the one that he'd spent countless hours posting questions about, I decided he'd just been jacking with the whole board.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

What building? Is it an important building/ Can I get food there? Is it healthy food? Will I be safe there? Am I alone? Will Maslov come and take me away?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I surely hope he posts again. Ive always wanted to ask the sort of questions hes curious about but I was afraid of being torn to shreds. God Bless him....come on down!!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see pics of his car. Last I heard, he was trying to figure out how to get pics from the camera to the forum. Come on back doc and show off that ride. If the camera is giving you fits, we can walk you through it.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Now did he actually say he's a doctor?

Doctor P-car sounds more like a screen name for a mechanic who works on p-cars.

Anybody know?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
joninoc
Advanced

I don't think he ever actually said he was a doctor. It may have been assumed by his busy schedule. I doubt he is a mechanic based on some of the questions. I think he has a camera that works though; I remember a question about steering wheels when he posted a picture of one. He may be composing the perfect shot for all of us. It's been over a week.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
am722
Drifting

Nothing but radio silence from his 6speed alias as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Supposedly he had ordered a car to be built to his exact specifications, but backed out on that deal. I never actually went through that process. Do you need to put any $$ down to order a Porsche? If so, is it refundable?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
I never actually went through that process. Do you need to put any $$ down to order a Porsche? If so, is it refundable?
Some dealerships require a deposit, mine did not. It's generally refundable if you back out of your order unless you order a weird paint-to-sample color and interior combo, in which case the deposit will be used to help offset the hit the dealer will take in trying to unload the fugly car.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Now did he actually say he's a doctor?

Doctor P-car sounds more like a screen name for a mechanic who works on p-cars.

Anybody know?
Hey Ben! Was Dr. P-car really you just having some fun???

Sorry- I just had a damn good glass of wine.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Pugnacious
Racer

Originally Posted by OCBen
Some dealerships require a deposit, mine did not. It's generally refundable if you back out of your order unless you order a weird paint-to-sample color and interior combo, in which case the deposit will be used to help offset the hit the dealer will take in trying to unload the fugly car.
I don’t know what it’s like in the rest of the country (or world for that matter) but that’s not true in California; there is no such thing in this state as a non refundable deposit on an automobile. Even if you order an ugly color combination or poor choice of options the dealer must refund your entire deposit if you decide to not take delivery even if the car has been built and is sitting on the dealer’s lot plus you don’t even have to give them any reason or explanation for nixing the deal. The only recourse the dealer has is to sue you in a court of law and prove damages (which can be difficult), but he must return your entire deposit and then take you to court.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
OCBen
Banned

Hey Pug, long time no see.
Originally Posted by Pugnacious
I don’t know what it’s like in the rest of the country (or world for that matter) but that’s not true in California; there is no such thing in this state as a non refundable deposit on an automobile. Even if you order an ugly color combination or poor choice of options the dealer must refund your entire deposit if you decide to not take delivery even if the car has been built and is sitting on the dealer’s lot plus you don’t even have to give them any reason or explanation for nixing the deal. The only recourse the dealer has is to sue you in a court of law and prove damages (which can be difficult), but he must return your entire deposit and then take you to court.
Maybe Edgy can chime in on this, but that's what I was told at Newport Auto when I asked about placing an order through them. Maybe there's a legal out, but they don't tell customers that. I guess the reason for that might be to scare them into really being sure of what they order, so that nobody walks in and orders the ugliest possible combo with no intention of ever taking delivery.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 208 Posts

I'm certain doctorpcar was for real. I think he was overly anxious about his purchase and should have taken my advice which was to NOT buy a p-car.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
MartyB
Racer

Ben didn't deny posting as dpc. Hmmmmm. dpc's exit and Ben's return did coincide somewhat conspicuously
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Oh Christ!

Deanski

Quick Reply: Has doctorpcar left the building?