Sponsored by:

Securing the floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Securing the floor mats?

For those of you with factory floor mats, are the fronts secured by the plastic, round velcro tabs that screw into the carpet? On the backside of my front mats, there are two velcro backings, except no plastic tabs on the carpet floor to go with them. My friend's '07 has them to keep the front mats in place, so I'm puzzled as to why mine didn't come with them. Not only that, I couldn't see or feel with my fingers on the carpet floor where the holes for those screw tabs might be located. Funny thing is my dealer tells me those aren't even sellable parts, but he may be able to get me some.

Is this how all the 997's front mats are secured? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
jackball
Track Day

My '06 C2S floor mats are secured by velco to the floor, though I am not sure how the velcro is attached to the floor of the car. I've never really looked at the attachment mechanism. I bought my car used, but I don't believe it came with any upgraded floor mat option.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eventually, the velcro will wear the carpet so those screw in pads prevent that from happening.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 PM
JMAGOLAN
Rennlist Member

My dealer handed me the screws and said they could install them if I wanted, or I could if it was necessary. My car is nearly 2 yers old now, and I have not used the screws nor have I had any problems with slippage. I have over 17,000 miles on the C4S Cabriolet.

Jerry
Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Then it must be my strange footwork that's shifting the driver-side mat.

No worries, I just picked up a set from my dealer to install in my car, so there should be no more slippage. Thanks again for your inputs!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Cope
Advanced

My car came without mats from the factory. However, I had the dealer throw in a set with the deal. The mats came with screws and instructions. They're really simple to install. Just take a measurement and install them by hand.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Rivan
Advanced

Originally Posted by JMAGOLAN
My dealer handed me the screws and said they could install them if I wanted, or I could if it was necessary. My car is nearly 2 yers old now, and I have not used the screws nor have I had any problems with slippage. I have over 17,000 miles on the C4S Cabriolet.

Jerry
Is your car manual or Tip?

My car is a 6 speed and without the screw to secure the floor mat, it is annoyingly slip after depressing the clutch pedal every time. The floor mat will eventually get on top of the clutch pedal. The dealer never give me the screws when I got my car.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:27 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the Loyd's with the clips. Take them out for track. All works great
at.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rivan
Is your car manual or Tip?

My car is a 6 speed and without the screw to secure the floor mat, it is annoyingly slip after depressing the clutch pedal every time. The floor mat will eventually get on top of the clutch pedal. The dealer never give me the screws when I got my car.
Don't sweat it, just call your dealer's parts dept and they should be able to help. Those plastic round screws aren't sellable parts, and they come with every set of factory floor mats. Since some owners opt not to install them, your dealer should have a few sets lying around, like mine. My parts guy tells me they simply throw them away when they start to pile up.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
I did the Loyd's with the clips. Take them out for track. All works great
at.
+1
Old 04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
JMAGOLAN
Rennlist Member

Rivan,
My car has a manual transmission. Slippage is negligable for the floor mat. Maybe if I was any good at heal-and-toe shifting, I might have more of a problem.

Jerry
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

For me the drivers side shifts when I get in and out.

I put weight on my foot in the car and use the wheel to leverage myself in and out, and that shoves the mat forward.

I've installed modified clips from WeatherTech to anchor my weathertech mats in place, and that has helped alot.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know that I need to protect my screws!

Quick Reply: Securing the floor mats?