Sponsored by:

Too many gadgets in my 997 -V1, sat rad, Parrot, Garmin etc...- Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Too many gadgets in my 997 -V1, sat rad, Parrot, Garmin etc...- Help

So far its the v1 is standard, but I sometimes use my Garmin Nav as my factory NAV IMO (if you can't afford to run late and need to use a NAV) is just not all that good.... I do not have the Porsche factory phone buttons so need to add a Parrot set up and I want sat radio. The last thing I want is to much clutter.

so main question for now is best options for Bluetooth and sat radio (XM or other). Would be great if sat radio/bluetooth came in one unit. Going to mount the v1 up high and the Garmin is only on accasions so again just looking for the best bluetooth and sat radio suggestions.... thanks all

If no advice on a combo like set up the best parrot and best sat radio device based on ones experience would be great. Thanks again
Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 PM
tmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion is either get the NAV-TV Tooki or the new mObridge Bluetooth interface: both are great. The advantage is they are installed with no extra do-hickies running around (save the mic, which you can hide under the steering wheel column cover).
Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 AM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update your Garmin - they have GPSr's with sat radio, bluetooth, MP3 player. I don't think they've built a V1 into one yet.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:24 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

I just bought the new Pioneer nave unit, with touchscreen, nav, ipod, bluetooth and voice command. I am pulling out the factory nav, the cd changer and the denison unit. Too much stuff.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default I dont have the buttons

My car is not equipped with the buttons needed for the below mentioned and just don't want to spend the extra money to have the buttons installed as I heard it gets quite expensive...otherwise this was the clear choice I agree...

Originally Posted by tmc
My opinion is either get the NAV-TV Tooki or the new mObridge Bluetooth interface: both are great. The advantage is they are installed with no extra do-hickies running around (save the mic, which you can hide under the steering wheel column cover).
Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
rfedele
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Carnut
I just bought the new Pioneer nave unit, with touchscreen, nav, ipod, bluetooth and voice command. I am pulling out the factory nav, the cd changer and the denison unit. Too much stuff.
details please. model # etc.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
My car is not equipped with the buttons needed for the below mentioned and just don't want to spend the extra money to have the buttons installed as I heard it gets quite expensive...otherwise this was the clear choice I agree...
Funny, I was also wondering if NAVTV made a single unit to provide XM/Sirius and bluetooth. I don't understand what you mean by not having the phone buttons. I thought they all had buttons, which are needed if you have a phone model, but also to input radio stations by frequency. There doesn't have to be a phone module in order for the buttons themselves to work. Am I missing something?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

The model is the AVIC-Z3, though you also need the bluetooth, the ipod, and the voice command module. It cost around $1450.00 for the whole thing.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Tom G
AutoX

Just bought a 2006 C4
Old 05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Tom G
AutoX

Just bought a 2006 C4S with NAV. Any chance I can swap out for unit coming in updated 997s if they have the touchscreen NAV, bluetooth, iPod integration. Does Porsche have a history of enabing you to upgrade these units?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:03 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default nope

nope not all cars have the phone buttons, i have the CD acd CDC (cd changer) buttons but not the phone hang up and pick up buttons..... this is why the options mentioned won't work. I could always pay a ton of moeny and have these buttons added but beelieve it is quite the expense....

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Funny, I was also wondering if NAVTV made a single unit to provide XM/Sirius and bluetooth. I don't understand what you mean by not having the phone buttons. I thought they all had buttons, which are needed if you have a phone model, but also to input radio stations by frequency. There doesn't have to be a phone module in order for the buttons themselves to work. Am I missing something?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:13 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
nope not all cars have the phone buttons, i have the CD acd CDC (cd changer) buttons but not the phone hang up and pick up buttons..... this is why the options mentioned won't work. I could always pay a ton of moeny and have these buttons added but beelieve it is quite the expense....
Sorry, I thought you meant the numbered buttons. I see your point now.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
MartyB
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Carnut
I am pulling out the factory nav, the cd changer and the denison unit. Too much stuff.
Carnut - you interested in selling the Dension? MP3 integration is not critical to me as I rarely listen to music in the car, but I might be interested if you want to sell it relatively cheap.

Quick Reply: Too many gadgets in my 997 -V1, sat rad, Parrot, Garmin etc...- Help