Sponsored by:

Rear seats coupe vs. Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 04:25 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear seats coupe vs. Cab

I have noticed the rear seats on the cabs have a lumbar area that is fills in the gap between the upper seat back and bottom. The coupes dont have this area at least standard anyway. Just wondering why?
Is there a part number for this?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Rivan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharmat
I have noticed the rear seats on the cabs have a lumbar area that is fills in the gap between the upper seat back and bottom. The coupes dont have this area at least standard anyway. Just wondering why?
Is there a part number for this?
We don't need that in the coupe. Unlike the cab, no water will ever get to that area.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Weasel
Track Day

Never noticed this difference -- no matter, the back seats are never gonna get wet in my cab. NOBODY sits back there anyway -- although, I suspect that the lumbar section in the cab has more to do with the strange seating position a backseat passenger is forced into. The seatback angle is quite different than that found in a coupe, you know.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My Targa,s back seats are the best.....even I can fit at 5'9" 240lbs....for short distances. The nice thing about them is that they don't tilt forward like the cabs giving you more comfort room.
FYI\
abe
Old 05-20-2008, 11:24 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure i understand what water getting in to that area has to do with the extra cushion in the lumbar area for the cabs. How does that help???
Didnt realize the seating angle is different for the cab. If so how does the extra lumbar area help with seating???

I thought it was some optional thing that was offered only for the cab b/c it looks better/adds support
I always though it was weird that the rear seats on the all the coupes thru the years dont have a lumbar section. Is this what is ment by 2+2 seating???
Old 05-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Rivan
Advanced

Originally Posted by sharmat
Not sure i understand what water getting in to that area has to do with the extra cushion in the lumbar area for the cabs. How does that help???
Carpet V.S leather
Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

But what is this water comment all about? How's water getting in there? Pretty sure cab owners aren't leaving the top down in the rain. And if it does happen, there's lots more to worry about than the lumbar section of the back seats.

What am I missing???
Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Rivan
Advanced

Originally Posted by JW911
But what is this water comment all about? How's water getting in there? Pretty sure cab owners aren't leaving the top down in the rain.
How sure you are that never happen in the world we live in? I didn't said cab owners will leaving the top down in the rain on purpose. how about park your car in the parking for a short period of time and suddenly it rain before you come back? Or driving with the top down on the freeway at 80 mph per hour and it suddenly rain? The lumbar section in leathers helps in these situations just like full leather is a more popular option in cab than in coupe.

Quick Reply: Rear seats coupe vs. Cab