Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see pics of Carrera Red Interiors......

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 AM
mnalla
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's see pics of Carrera Red Interiors......

For those of you who have them, let's see some pics of the Carrera Red Interior with the differnt exterior color combos. Trying to determine what exterior color other than GT Silver looks best with the Carrera Red Interior.

Idealy would like to see some pics of Coupes or Targas.

Thanks in advance for any posts (especially with pics).
Old 10-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I firmly believe that Carrera Red is overkill unless black carpets are added (deviating carpet). I love red interiors, but the all-red is just too much... That said, bring on the pics!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:06 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I firmly believe that Carrera Red is overkill unless black carpets are added (deviating carpet). I love red interiors, but the all-red is just too much... That said, bring on the pics!
Rusnak Westlake has this car in it's showroom (for a long, long time) and I fell absolutely in love with Carrera red when I saw it.

It's slate grey with center console in exterior and looks like a million bucks.... The only thing I didn't like was the subtle leather - smacks of Bentley instead of sports car.

I used to like the GT/Carrera combo until I saw this one in slate. Drop by and see it for yourself or check out their site for more pics. I disagree with the previous post - the carrera w black carpets looks too pimp/flash for my taste. Gimme carrera red with slate - very elegant. I've seen a few bimmer cabs around in this sorta color combo as well. Looks equally good in a BMW.

Last edited by purrybonker; 04-09-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 AM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about his one....
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 AM
V.A.G.
Three Wheelin'

Mine is partial red. Custom ordered the interior.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Originally Posted by V.A.G.
That's what I mean. Very classy, very understated...

purrybonker - I think you misunderstood. Toning the interior down is the polar opposite of making it too flash or pimp. I do think adding body color (esp blacks or grays) to the Carrera Red interior works, too. Same idea - adds some darker contrasting color.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Hauser_III
Racer

I don't have any pictures of it, but it looks really, really good with Meteor Grey and black carpeting. There was a cab configured like that in the Boardwalk showroom and it was stunning.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:28 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Toning the interior down is the polar opposite of making it too flash or pimp. I do think adding body color (esp blacks or grays) to the Carrera Red interior works, too. Same idea - adds some darker contrasting color.
Yes, you're right!

Originally Posted by V.A.G.
wow - looks great. Is that black or basalt?

I have seen carrera red interior in a basalt car - looked fabulous. I'm pretty sure red would work well in any of the grey, black or white shades.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

When tastefully done, it is stellar! And this was done right (the photos).
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Those color combos go well (silver/gray/black/white w/red interior) on most cars. This is my '01 S2000:

And here's an F430 press photo:

My next ordered car will have either a blue or red interior. It's timeless, but still so distinctive.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

More here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/283186-new-interior-pics-thanks-to-erik-bumperplugs.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/277096-a-fe-w-updated-interior-pics-while-i-was-gone.html
Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We did GT Silver over full Carrera Red Natural leather with deviating carpets and absolutely love the color combo.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but to my eyes, the deviating carpets really make the look as the full red carpets are just a bit too much. And to my eyes, the red carpets don't quite match.

Unfortunately, my camera is a 6-year old POS so these pic's aren't the best but there are several pic's here in this thread that I made when we took delivery of our car.

Regards,

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=59822
Old 10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
We did GT Silver over full Carrera Red Natural leather with deviating carpets and absolutely love the color combo.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but to my eyes, the deviating carpets really make the look as the full red carpets are just a bit too much. And to my eyes, the red carpets don't quite match.

Unfortunately, my camera is a 6-year old POS so these pic's aren't the best but there are several pic's here in this thread that I made when we took delivery of our car.

Regards,

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=59822
I agree. With some interiors the deviating carpet really changes the look and and richness of the interior. Your interior looks awesome. I would think that Stone Gray carpet would also look good with the Carerra Red Leather.

I had an '04 996 that was Lapis Blue with a Graphite Gray interior and Metro Blue deviating carpet. When I saw pics of an all gray interior, I was always suprrised how much lighter the all gray interior looked compared to my interior with the darker blue carpet.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:16 PM
plz
Advanced

Da Happa, nice looking car. Did you consider having the steering wheel and upper dash door panels in deviating color as well? I guess it would have to be dark natural grey in your case? Is that even possible?
Old 10-05-2008, 12:30 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by plz
Da Happa, nice looking car. Did you consider having the steering wheel and upper dash door panels in deviating color as well? I guess it would have to be dark natural grey in your case? Is that even possible?
Yes, it is possible through the exclusive options program.

Quick Reply: Let's see pics of Carrera Red Interiors......