Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Invoice on 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I would have worked the trade in deal before talking about the price of the new car. Once you get the trade in value you can only go lower on the new car price. Going the other way around you leave the trade in value as a means to recoup the costs that are lost in the new car price.

My $0.02 worth $0.002.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm starting to suspect that ExMB may really be doctorpcar in disguise.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:35 AM
GHills
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hauser:

I'm afraid you may be on to something. If it turns out he (correction: his dad) drives a smart car, its all over.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Hmmmmm. Yup, you might be on to something....
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

ExMB, it's people like you who give car buyers a bad name. Chris tried to be nothing but helpful and all you've done is continued to chisel information and question the integrity of he and other Rennlist Members. I can't understand all the time you've spent dickering over a couple hundred dollars. Maybe a Miata is more in your league and will still prove fun to drive.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MLindgren
ExMB, it's people like you who give car buyers a bad name. Chris tried to be nothing but helpful and all you've done is continued to chisel information and question the integrity of he and other Rennlist Members. I can't understand all the time you've spent dickering over a couple hundred dollars. Maybe a Miata is more in your league and will still prove fun to drive.
Hey, don't lump him in with us Miata owners! We certainly didn't do anything to deserve him!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Hey, don't lump him in with us Miata owners! We certainly didn't do anything to deserve him!
No offense dude. I've owned two of them and they were tons of fun to drive when the streets were dry.

When I bought my 911 I found a car I liked, made a call and negotiated a price in a matter of about 5 minutes and went off to the bank to get a check mailed out. I could probably have worked down another thousand bucks but I was happy with where I was at a new the reality that there will always have been a better deal.

I also have been on the board for some time and know the reputation of Chris Sanner. Besides having done a truely awesome stoppie he seemingly has always done people right when making deals on their new Porsches. There is no doubt that if/when I buy another the first call I will make is to Chris based on his customer feedback here on the RL.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 PM
DanJK
Racer

That's not Chris's stoppie. He's a stoppie fraud!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hauser_III
I'm starting to suspect that ExMB may really be doctorpcar in disguise.
Wouldn't he be "ExAudi" instead?

"OMG, a semi-passed me and created a small rock chip on my hood. What if this happened when i was driving my 911? Oh gosh, better not get it then, deal's off."

"What if i hit a pothole? Deal's off."

"Oh crap, i have to drive 4 hours to pick up my new 911. I can't take that time away from work. Deal's off"
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

No offense dude. I've owned two of them and they were tons of fun to drive when the streets were dry.

When I bought my 911 I found a car I liked, made a call and negotiated a price in a matter of about 5 minutes and went off to the bank to get a check mailed out. I could probably have worked down another thousand bucks but I was happy with where I was at a new the reality that there will always have been a better deal.

I also have been on the board for some time and know the reputation of Chris Sanner. Besides having done a truely awesome stoppie he seemingly has always done people right when making deals on their new Porsches. There is no doubt that if/when I buy another the first call I will make is to Chris based on his customer feedback here on the RL.

Aww, schucks- I'm blushing! Thanks man!!

Originally Posted by DanJK
That's not Chris's stoppie. He's a stoppie fraud!
Bs home-fry.... that's my (loooong time ago) buddies R1 I'm doing that on....

I almost did a complete end-ohh **** and beaned it off the curb that's beyond that picutre!!

ya bastid!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
russm535il
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know dealers in the US who will be discounting 09 cars either now or in the Fall ?

I am considering my first Porsche- I have been considering a 2006 911 but am concerned about all the things I read about the engine problems -( re Jim Pashas Excellence article )rms - intermediate shafts - engine failures etc.
I thought it might be smart to try to find a deal on a new leftover 2009 with the new engine

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU !
Russ DeJulio Pittsburgh,PA
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by russm535il
Does anyone know dealers in the US who will be discounting 09 cars either now or in the Fall ?
The better question is does anyone know of any dealer that is NOT discounting 09s?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
dmaxwellh
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just purchased my '09 C2 with an MSRP of 83300 for price of 70700 plus tax. The deals abound. . .
Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 PM
MFC996
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmaxwellh
Just purchased my '09 C2 with an MSRP of 83300 for price of 70700 plus tax. The deals abound. . .
Yeah I guess without some of the incentives from PCNA MSRP is the new negotiation point depending on the strength of the dealership of course
Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dmaxwellh pm sent

Quick Reply: Invoice on 2009?