Sponsored by:

what happens after june 1st...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
braden
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happens after june 1st...

so supposedly pfs will end the current program on may 31 supporting carrera leases and 2.9 percent financing. It seems that these offers are what has helped to sell cars in april and may. If these programs are not extended, how does pfs think it will continue to "move metal" off dealer lots. Lets face it, the economy has not rocketed up and people are still not spending ***** nilly. For work reasons i cannot commit to a new lease until the end of june/july. I know BMW will hold a lease rate for 60 days if i order a new car...does porsche do the same?

Seems silly for porsche to end a program that has helped to sell cars that would otherwise still be sitting......
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is a good question....Stoppie..care to chime in.?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Yes.

It's not helping selling cars- not with the same momentum that it did before. This is going to sting, but I mean it in the best way.

Some of you guys are a bunch of the silliest, most rediculous - Smart People; I've ever met. (or not met).

You ask a question that has alredy been answered. BILLIONS of times over. -Clearly, if there was ever a time to purchase ANY car, cheaper and less expensivly - then EVER before- that time is now. But, since the general consumer thinks they're smarter then the average bear, they wait.

WAIT FOR WHAT FOR CHRISTS SAKES? God himself to come down and Bitch Slap you and say "Hey! You! Idiot! What are you waiting for? MORE MONEY? Yah how's that going for you? Not so well , is it? HOw's that going for GM? Chrysler? Ford? BMW? VW? The entire CAR Business as a whole?

The answer is simple. The money is almost gone. Time is, literally, running out. When the promotions and specials and balloons go away; then it'll be each dealership staring at eachother. Who ever is left standing- wins.

It's that simple.

Sales- Reduced.
Production- Reduced.
Inventory-Reduced.
Cash Back - Going away.

Answer: Wait and pay more. Or buy now and watch the world burn from the window of your 997.

Choice is yours. And before you think you're so smart and give that dealer who quoted you the lowest price on a MY10 order, are you SURE that they'll even BE around when your order is supposed to come in? Let alone in the next 3 months?

-Don't believe me? You think Champion, regardless that it's Chapter 11, is an isolated event? LOL

think again smarty pants.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF stoppie? the guy asked a legitimate question. gear down a bit....
Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I realize that, that's why I apologized. But listen, my comments were directed in a 'general' manner. The OP did indeed as a genuine question. But I highly doubt its their first day at band camp. Leasing, as been around for years. And programs- DO- end.

Some people act like they dont. But they do. And it doesn't take much brain power to put two and two together. The economy sucks. I think we all know that. The car businss, sucks. I think we all know that as well.

....maybe it's not that obvious to some of you; but I'm watching and listening to the same things you guys are.

It's simple supply and demand + cashflow. Not high demand, too high of a supply, and tossing money at it won't make up the 10mm loss in sales. Ain't gonna happen.

So the answer is to NOT keep throwing cash at it to make it go away. It's to make a % of the dealernetwork go away.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Ps. I say the things I do out of 'tough love' for you guys/girls. Nobody else is talking to you in the blunt and honest manner that I am, and I'm IN the business.

The least someone who has my intimate knowledge of the business can do is STOP the bulll****. Just STOP it.

Aren't you guys sick and tired of it? Tired of the misinformation? The corp. bull**** lies? I know I am. I know I'm a bit harsh at times; but trust me-

I LOVE this business. And I'm fuggin pissed off at what it's become. So I'm here to help in the best way possible.

Give out hugs. Talk yer ears off. And some of you- SLAP ya to common sense.

I LOVE cars. And I LOVE talking CARS. But this business is KILLING that love affair. And if I can do anything about it; I will.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?

The least someone who has my intimate knowledge of the business can do is STOP the bulll****. Just STOP it.

Aren't you guys sick and tired of it? Tired of the misinformation? The corp. bull**** lies? I know I am. I know I'm a bit harsh at times; but trust me-

I'm entertained by the 'dealerspeak/salesspeak.
No concrete answers to the questions.

The program started before the "First Mile Program" with limited time certificates given to the dealers, which then evolved into FMP.

No mention has been made by you as to the amount that PCNA will give you for each program car.
I know that the Turbos have a figure of 10K, care to comment on the rest of the line?

I'm sure that there will be some form of program that will continue past June 1, to help bolister the market.
Here in CA the registration fees just doubled.

Are there as many cars available to dealers on the east coast as there are on the west coast?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the lots are full on the east coast with stagnating supply and minimal demand.. I have to assume it will continue...it would be dumb for them to stop

no disrepect chris...but if it is that bad, then porsche/dealers and everyone else in supply chain would rather make a little on many rather than a lot on few. they will have to take their lumps.

It would be a very hard sell otherwise. I mean face it, it already is a hard sell, so what benefit would come from stopping the program, if not improving it even more for buyers...as the supply chain backs up.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by MJones
I'm entertained by the 'dealerspeak/salesspeak.
No concrete answers to the questions.

The program started before the "First Mile Program" with limited time certificates given to the dealers, which then evolved into FMP.

No mention has been made by you as to the amount that PCNA will give you for each program car.
I know that the Turbos have a figure of 10K, care to comment on the rest of the line?

I'm sure that there will be some form of program that will continue past June 1, to help bolister the market.
Here in CA the registration fees just doubled.

Are there as many cars available to dealers on the east coast as there are on the west coast?
Let's break this down.

1) No mention by me? Wtf do you want? I'll answer any question you ask. Will you?

Mjones, I'm the only one here (in my business) putting myself out there. I highly doubt you would. So stop acting like you're shedding light on some sort of conspiracey of mine, and stop being an instigating douche bag.

2) I have no idea. PCNA does what ever they want. West Coast allocations for MY10 have been opened. East Coast? Not so much. Why? Who the hell knows. Who cares. Whats that got to do with the price of tea in china? Zip. California is it's own sinking island of allocation.

Originally Posted by stevebmd
the lots are full on the east coast with stagnating supply and minimal demand.. I have to assume it will continue...it would be dumb for them to stop

no disrepect chris...but if it is that bad, then porsche/dealers and everyone else in supply chain would rather make a little on many rather than a lot on few. they will have to take their lumps.

It would be a very hard sell otherwise. I mean face it, it already is a hard sell, so what benefit would come from stopping the program, if not improving it even more for buyers...as the supply chain backs up.

Steve, the point is (read GM and Chrysler dealeships closing) that there are TOO many under performing dealerships- PCNA won't support them, and for the rest of us who are hitting their forecast and delivering cars- we deserve to make more then they do. Period.

Let them drown. The cash/apr/reduced money factor is NOT selling cars like 'some' of you think. It's losts it's 'effect' -

Because *you all think the deals are going to get better*.

So I ask you, if PAG is in turmoil and Porsche holdings. And we're 10mm cars being sold 'light' in the United States, where is the money suppossed to come from? Because, and clearly- throwing $$$ on the issue - isn't the solution.

Surely Obama isn't going to print money for PCNA and PFS to give you. Is he? (don't answer that lol)
Old 05-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Ps. the incentives and apr/money factor has been covered to DEATH on this forum, and IN the last week. I suggest you do a search Mjones. Ain't a national secret.

Teh Inta netZ is yer friend!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Timmy
Cruisin'

I have to totally agree with stopie. I check this forum alot and finally joined because it seems there is only his one voice of reason here. It is unfortunate that there are so many smart successful individuals who wouldn't know a good deal if it sat on their face.

In regards to the OP, the deals Porsche dealers are doing with the help of PCNA are nothing short of exceptional and the savings are definitely worth taking advantage of even if it is a month or two too soon for you.

I hope they end the program 5/31 so all the whiners who dilly dallied like this wasn't the equivalent of an inventory fire sale by PCNA, will pull their hair out when they simply compare the firstmile rates to PFS standard rates which will go back into effect.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Stopie was very direct about what the incentives are, it may be buried in another thread but it's there.

It's hard to turn off the incentive spigot once it's open but I am sure it will be done at some point. From my check of left coast dealers inventory on line there has been some thinning, except if you want a cab, those seem to be abundant.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So, that is why I purchased today! Besides, I am getting a very good deal. The last Porsche I bought was the 997.1 and I paid sticker. I have a feeling there won't be as many cars and what cars are there, will get sold before 2010's come out. So, I for one believe Chris. He knows what he is talking about. I thought if I waited 6 more months, things might be better, but for what I can get and the value of my trade could down even more. Anyway, I did buy my car from him! He is a very competent and knowledgeable sales professional. I am 100% satisified with my purchase and the treatment I received from Chris. And, yes I will post pics when it arrives in about 2 weeks!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I'm putting the checks in the mail now guys! (and girls!)

Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM
4Scargo
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 58 Posts

Hey Likey-"First Day at Band Camp?"

Quick Reply: what happens after june 1st...