Sponsored by:

Pre-delivery questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I thought it was going from Cleveland to SC?
That's closer then from Cleveland to behind the Orange Curtain, no?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The car arrived in one piece, a bit dusty, but I am thrilled with the car. I got a fantastic deal, excellent finance rate and Chris and the rest of the staff were a pleasure to deal with! No haggling, got the price that i wanted, the rate i wanted and the car I wanted. After all, they had to dealer trade to get it...I believe it's a 1 of 1! No other atlas grey C2s cab like it! and that is special, too!!! Sorry, no pics, it is going to thunderstorm here...it's about 95, hot, sticky, not breathable. Got my stuff from Phil at detailers domain, so I am going to do the offical wash, clay, wax. Pics by Saturday at the latest...my schedule just doesn't permit me to finish it all in one night this week.
thanks everyone for all the posts, we truly do own one of the best cars in the universe!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
jk335
Instructor

Originally Posted by DRJMK
The car arrived in one piece, a bit dusty, but I am thrilled with the car. I got a fantastic deal, excellent finance rate and Chris and the rest of the staff were a pleasure to deal with! No haggling, got the price that i wanted, the rate i wanted and the car I wanted. After all, they had to dealer trade to get it...I believe it's a 1 of 1! No other atlas grey C2s cab like it! and that is special, too!!! Sorry, no pics, it is going to thunderstorm here...it's about 95, hot, sticky, not breathable. Got my stuff from Phil at detailers domain, so I am going to do the offical wash, clay, wax. Pics by Saturday at the latest...my schedule just doesn't permit me to finish it all in one night this week.
thanks everyone for all the posts, we truly do own one of the best cars in the universe!
Any pics DrJMK?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

not yet...we're in a pattern of hot, 90's, humid and then thunderstorms...there a thunderstomrs right on top of my house right now...planned on getting it washed tonight! I will post all the options as well. it has many!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Not all the car have an alignment issue upon delivery. Don't get the idea that that's as common as some say.

When I drove mine in Europe (Euro delivery) I got the sense of how it handled. When the car arrived in the states weeks later the handling was the same. I assumed (correctly) that nothing had changed enroute. A couple years later, when it was time to replace all 4 tires, I checked the alignment, and it was still spot-on with the factory specs. These are Porsches,--not delicate little toys.
I didn't read through this thread before, but I agree with Edgy01. When I first got my 2007 C2S, I noticed that my rear end is not settled at cornering, and the dealer did a 4 wheel alignment and indeed found a problem. With my 2009, I coaxed the dealer into a 4 wheel alignment, and it came back very much clean, all within spec. Of course, the car feel very settled at cornering, so I should have just trust my feeling and skip the alignment.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

mine as well. The alignment was done. car feels right, but I haven't got a 100 miles on it yet!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 PM
jk335
Instructor

mine as well. The alignment was done. car feels right, but I haven't got a 100 miles on it yet!
I see a preview of Doc's car. She looks amazing. Those wheels are beautiful. Atlas just has a way of impressing the hell out of me!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM
wjh911
AutoX

Congrats on the new car.
I got a 997.2 a few months back and the grin still hasn't left my face.
And as a fellow physician, I know that patients always come first..........even to delivery of such a fine car as yours. Cheers and enjoy.
W
Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

thank you, wjh! I am loving it! I promise tomorrow the official pics will be up! Our rain pattern is ending today and I am going to be the detailing queen tomorrow!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
jk335
Instructor

thank you, wjh! I am loving it! I promise tomorrow the official pics will be up! Our rain pattern is ending today and I am going to be the detailing queen tomorrow!
I can't wait to see her DRJMK!

Quick Reply: Pre-delivery questions