Sponsored by:

Is stone gray boring or bland?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 PM
dovpcar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is stone gray boring or bland?

Looking at and Atlas Grey w/ stone gray interior on the web... would love to hear from those who have seen this interior color what they think. Thx
Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

To me, Black is boring and bland. Stone gray is nice looking.... while it is not excitinig, it will be a good contrast to the darker Atlas exterior color. I prefer cars with different interior/exterior colors, or at least different shades of colors like black/gray or brown/tan. I would not like a black/black, or blue/blue, or brown/brown car.

You will have others who prefer Black or think that Stone Gray is boring. That's OK because it really revolves around personal preferences and what YOU like and dislike. If you like it, get it. Don't worry about what others (including me) think.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you mean battle ship gray?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I liked it. Looked cool w/ Arctic Silver and aluma look.

Pics of my '05 C2S stone gray -

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 05-22-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

It depends. Many who base their car ordering upon satisfying the next buyer, are routinely ultraconservative. Gray on gray is safe. Really safe. And then there are the irrational buyers who throw caution to the wind when they order and get what THEY want, and not what they think the next guy will buy. Wake me if you order gray. I think it's a waste of money ordering a plain jane car. You can simply buy it off the rack. With the availability of paint to sample, and leather to sample, some beautiful cars are possible. But they're not safe.
Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Last night I was walking by a bmw dealership....everything was some grey, silver, or black....boring boring boring. They look nice but just too many P cars in these colors where I live that just not stick out.
Give me something different....a red perhaps.
abe
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my Atlas gray with the stone gray interior:

Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

I don't like standard Stone Grey personally (sorry yemenmocha), but I think it looks great when two-toned with black and with optional deviating color black carpets.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I don't like standard Stone Grey personally (sorry yemenmocha), but I think it looks great when two-toned with black and with optional deviating color black carpets.
Not hurt by it, don't worry!

The gray is cooler here in AZ than black, especially with a convertible, and I think the gray has a nice "clean" look in person. I think it's a nice contrast with the darker Atlays Gray exterior.

Oh and btw my M3 has gray interior and the dash and center console are black, and I have the black carpet mats also! So yes, that is a nice combo too!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

I will say that I absolutely love Atlas. It is my favorite Porsche color.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i like grey, but when i order up a car next ima do white on blue interior.. or darkgrey on red...

i like the natural tan interior too but it demands contrasting carpets imo.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I generally prefer black interiors but I think the two tone black/gray interior really looks great.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts

I have an Atlas Grey with Stone Grey/Black interior in full leather. We love it. It is much easier to maintain, at least in my opinion, and I've had two Porsches with black interiors. I avoid black interiors whenever I can.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:58 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
It depends. Many who base their car ordering upon satisfying the next buyer, are routinely ultraconservative. Gray on gray is safe. Really safe. And then there are the irrational buyers who throw caution to the wind when they order and get what THEY want, and not what they think the next guy will buy. Wake me if you order gray. I think it's a waste of money ordering a plain jane car. You can simply buy it off the rack. With the availability of paint to sample, and leather to sample, some beautiful cars are possible. But they're not safe.
while many cars are ordered "conservatively", i would disagree with the assertion that it's a waste of money. we all know some people love their colors but let's not confuse the terms "ultraconservative" with "elegant"

my armani tuxedo still looks like a tuxedo, yet it's quite elegant. i would say the same about my arctic silver couple with black leather...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:11 AM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion, no color combination looks more bland and ordinary than gray on gray.

Quick Reply: Is stone gray boring or bland?