2011 911 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cogito
Hi Turbo S Fans,
My 2011 911 Turbo S Cab arrived yesterday. I had ordered a white 911 GTS Cab with a January build but a Turbo S in the garage, in my mind, is better than a GTS in my garage in February. The dealer still has the car on his website. If you'd like to see her:
http://hilton-head.porschedealer.com...37059/info.php
I'll post driving impressions and some pics if it ever stops raining.
Don
Congrats on the Turbo S, but then you had to ruin it by going with boring silver.

Love the body-colored sills, RS wheels, and PCCBs. Just wondering, though, the Turbo S doesn't come standard with model designation or Porsche crest on the center console lid?
Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Cogito
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,
You made me curious so I asked. Here's Wally's (Sales Manager) reply:
"Your car was not a canceled order, I personally ordered it the way I would
want one if I had the where with all to do so. What is their opinion of the
spec? Did I do well?"
I told him he did GREAT!

Don
Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wally is the man!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Cogito
Racer

Hi Mark,
Wally IS the man! I won't get anything for this BUT if anyone is in the market for a Porsche, you won't deal with a nicer, more knowledgeable, honest, and fun guy! You'll leave with the gold still in your teeth too. Hilton Head Porsche.

It was 65 and sunny here today, way over normal so I put the top down and drove the new one up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our top down days here in the mountains are numbered now until Spring and I'm very glad I went! I'll post some pics, hope they don't bore anyone.
Don
Attached Images     

Last edited by Cogito; 11-24-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 11-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Cogito
Racer

And the last few.
Attached Images    
Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man i luv those wheels.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Cogito
Racer

Driving Impressions - First Day
Car arrived yesterday late afternoon so didn't get a chance to drive her until today. Picked up a neighbor this morning and we went to town for coffee. I thought the Turbo S had a firmer ride that my 2009 Carrera 911 Coupe that I traded in for it. My neighbor disagreed and felt no difference but I'm pretty sure the Turbo S has a tighter suspension even in "Normal" mode.
True confessions - I'm not Stig. Far from it. I'm 65 years old and require glasses for driving and reading. In my defense, I did race go-carts on a track as a teenager. I raced both the slower go-carts with (Clinton A490 red engines and also those with louder and faster yellow McCullough chain saw engines). And I did get a speeding ticket in my 2006 Carrera C4. So temper my driving impressions today against the above.
The ride in "Normal" mode is not harsh by any means and if I'm correct that it is firmer, it's only slightly so. I'm not going to floor the Turbo S or redline it until I feel it has enough miles on it to be suitably broken in. I realize some people (even from Porsche) say to drive them like you stole them but I'm going to err on the cautious side. It will be hard but I will probably wait until it has 500 to 750 miles before I get crazy.
Maybe.
It's a climb from where I live (2,400' elevation) to the Blue Ridge Parkway (elevations between 5,000 and 6,000') and I pressed the Sport button on the way up. Impressive! Car's personality changed. Engine growled louder (in a most appealing way), suspension tightened but not in a bad way, handling was more precise, and car seemed like it "hunkers" down as soon as the Sport button is pressed. Sorry but I did not try Sport Plus today. I like to save some things for "the next time".
I have always loved the brakes on Porsches; strong, secure, they make you a better driver and save your hide. This car is my first PCCB experience and all I can say is WOW! I think I fell in love with them on the way to town this morning and after my drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway I asked them to marry me. It's like OH MY GOD are these brakes great or what? They are amazing.
The whole driving experience today was pretty amazing. I think the GTS I had on order would have been a great car for me and I especially liked the "clean" lines. I'd gotten away from wanting a Turbo because of all the slits and air ducts and openings; it just looked cluttered to me. After spending some time with the (tame) beast today I have to say, those slits and ducts and openings are looking pretty good!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:58 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tejoe
Damn Porsche: every time you think you have a great car they come out with a better one.
It's called planned obsolescense Joe. There is no need to buy into it. And no good reason imo.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Glad you like the PCCBs. Most owners with PCCBs don't go back to iron ever, while those who have chosen not to order them continue to whine about their price, etc.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:29 AM
swajames
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cogito, that is one fantastic car
Old 11-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Cogito
Racer

You're absolutely right Edgy, I probably would never have experienced these wonderful yellow PCCBs if the Turbo S hadn't been ordered (by the Sales Manager) with them even though I've always hated cleaning black German brake dust. It was another warm (65) afternoon yesterday (Thanksgiving) so I took another ride. Here's a waterfall pic showing those beautiful brakes that work so great! I pressed the Sport Plus button to see what magic it does. Man, what a difference, engine really GROWLS, suspension really tightens, car lurches ahead!!!!! It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde difference! I'm changing its name from Sport Plus button to MONSTER button!
Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

You're killing me!!!!

I'm trying to not want a Turbo S. Please find something wrong so I will feel better.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Cogito
Racer

Holli82,
I know, I know. Other drivers will HATE you!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Glad you like the PCCBs. Most owners with PCCBs don't go back to iron ever, while those who have chosen not to order them continue to whine about their price, etc.
I'd love to have pccb but the way in use the car I'll be perfectly honest.... I could not afford the upkeep of the cost of the pccb rotors.

$8k option but the replacement rotors cost twice that....I can't afford them...personally.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

I like seeing that cab with a stone grey top instead of the usual black. I hope that it holds up. Nice pics!

Quick Reply: 2011 911 Turbo S