Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for something to maybe replace 997??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree. With how crammed the engine is in there, I'd say things are not that easy to reach, nor is it super easy to service (plugs for example).

In fact, if thats the route you are going, I'd say a Corvette Z06 is much better in all those regards in that servicing is truly cheap and easy, mods are easy, and performance is superior.

Yes the interior sucks, and its a chevy, but based on the things you mentioned, that doesn't seem to matter.
i never owned z06 so it is difficult for me to argue intelligently about its serviceability. perhaps, may be. as of 'cheap' factor - i do not think it differs that much when you start using same quality grade components - any monoball arms ends do cost same, KONI/Moton shocks do cost same, so all what matters there is how easy is it to reach all that stuff.

i have changed plugs on my car. yes, without a lift it is a bit of PITA to do it first time as you have engine (or headers? ) mount rail blocking access. but it is quite doable.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:54 AM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ri, have you considered a GT-R? Relatively cheap, fun, place holder until your next p-car.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for something to maybe replace 997??