Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do P-car drivers still flash their headlights at each other?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:45 AM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wave more often than flash. I get enthusiastic and am kinda afraid I'll snap the high beam lever.

I get waves back about half the time, maybe more. The most excitable wavers are those either driving a top-end car (GT3, Turbo, or CGT), vintage, or an open Cab/Boxster. It's great to see a big grin and a frantic wave- it's like greeting a fellow 10 yr old!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still wave and flash. Don't get many return waves from Cayenne Owners, even when I drive my Cayenne -hmm, wonder why? I got more waves from Boxster owners when I had my Boxster....but I still wave on
Old 08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Don't get many return waves from Cayenne Owners, even when I drive my Cayenne -hmm, wonder why? I got more waves from Boxster owners when I had my Boxster.
The wives are driving the Cayennes? OR the male driver was in the market for a Honda SUV but realized he could borrow more money and get the Porsche Cayenne.

Different from the guy who bought a Boxster.

In the latter case the guy was a sports car guy to begin with so he waves from his Boxster.

In the former, Porsche is just an upscale brand name in a driveway that impresses the other neighbors who are deeply in debt: no wave emanates from behind that windshield.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:41 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wave at other 911's because they're so rare where I live, which is sort of a 2nd class suburban area of Phoenix.

Quick Reply: Do P-car drivers still flash their headlights at each other?