Sponsored by:

wet passenger carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 AM
akim47
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet passenger carpet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't have found this out except the wife had a shopping bag at her feet. when we got out of the car we noticed the bottom of the bag was wet. not water, but it was oily. After further examination, the entire carpet on the passenger side was of the car was soaked. I tried smelling it, but cannot distinguish the smell. Whatever it is, it has an oily feel and it looks to be pink. The only pink liquid I have in the car is the coolant. Is it possible for coolant to get into the car?

Another reason why I expect that it may be coolant is that I recently had an issue where my heater core busted and I had a coolant leak. The coolant was leaking and coming out the A/C drain tube. Could this be somewhat related? Also, I'll post pics, but I noticed I have some gunk seeping out of the rear air vents (the ones near the rear window).
Old 08-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Pink and oily is coolant. Sounds like your problem has not been solved. Perhaps they didn't connect hoses that well? Also, make sure your drain pipes/tubes are all clean.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
akim47
Racer

Thanks. I read the old thread and although wasn't coolant related, may be a problem. I'm going to work on it tonight. Do you think a good shampoo job will get the coolant out? This sucks as I just had the car detailed.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:14 AM
akim47
Racer

after a lot of pain... there was no solution to my wet carpets... dealer checked hoses, clamps, etc... no luck. Best guess is that there was some coolant in the system from when my heater core busted. tech assumed the coolant that got into the a/c system drained out into my passenger carpets. not sure if this makes sense or not. i've been running the a/c for the past week and no wet carpets, so i guess i just have to let it go for now...

Quick Reply: wet passenger carpet