Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the Hate begin

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 07:32 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the mechanical upgrades of the 2011 cars.. but prefer the previous Gen styling (2005?-2010). Even the V6 seems pretty stout.. the 412hp base V8 aint bad either.

Post up some pics!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

I say good for you. I think the new Mustangs look awesome, the best of the retro pony cars out today. They are certainly fast, if not exactly nimble, and sound great. I happened to pull up next to a couple in a beautiful black GT the other day. Couldn't help but roll down my window, give them a thumbs up, and tell them I really liked their car. They responded in kind to my GT3. I don't think the expected my overture and they seemed a bit surprised that someone in Porsche would pay their respects. I love cars and the new Mustangs really look good. I'd love to take one for a spin.

Look at it this way. You have the best of both worlds. Still in the Porsche club and you have the latest and greatest example of an American icon. Enjoy! Now lets see some damn pics.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

This thread.....
Old 09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
sizquik
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

World Class vehicle.. I almost bought one!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Here's a picture of my detached garage. The Shelby GT500 is my friend's car and Im keeping it for him while he's on deployment.

Ive driven this car. He actually let me drive it off the lot when he first bought it. I thought it was going to be another school bus with powerfull engine to drive. BUT I was wrong. It can hold its own on turns surpringsingly better than I thought. IMHO still not up to par with the 911 in #1 breaking, #2 Cornering & #3 interior. It sure can chase you down in the straight aways.
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2011 Mustang is one hell of a car - even the V6 is a beast and the 5.0 GT is just phenomenal with a superb engine and chassis. Nice buy -
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here it is.
Kona Blue Metallic/ Silver Stripes
I'm not a Mustang Enthusiast.
First Impressions are that it has a Great Navigation system, Microsoft Sync is wonderful. The fit and finish is better than years back. Seats are comfortable and have moderate adjustments. Interior is laid out good, except the cup holders are right behind the shifter and that can get in the way if you have a tall cup. Sound system Shaker 500 is ok, not great.
Shifter feel, I like, its a notchy, short shift close pattern. Clutch is easy. Exhaust sound is great, WOT is great sounding, and the Supercharger is instant power, which is fun on the twisties . Wheel slippage can happen in 2nd and 3rd, Mustangs have a problem putting the power to the ground effectively.
Looks are subjective, I like the look personally. It reminds me of the Boss Hoss Hot Wheel back in the 70's. They have done a great job with the retro thing.
The car is so much bigger in size next to the 993 and the 996 TT. It looks comical next to the 993 in the garage.
This car is a muscle car and handles pretty good for what it is, but by no means as fun to drive as a Porsche. I have no long term plans with this car, more than likely I will be out of it next year. I was able to purchase it cheaper through my dealership, so that will keep me in line with depreciation much better.
I did tons of research on the 997 and I'm certain to own one next summer. This was a safe choice for me, with the upper management that got involved. I've learned my lesson, and I'll keep my next car purchase to myself.

jason
Attached Images     
Old 09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drove one for 5 days. Hood is MASSIVE and very very tall, really a weird sensation.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats, you will love it. I am a mustang man myself, that just made the leap in 09' from them to the 911. I had an original 87'GT an 02' Roush 360R 400hp/400tq and an 08' Roush P51A. The P51A was an animal w/ 540/540! ***** to the wall power baby!!
Attached Images   
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
pewter82
Drifting

P51 was a rare car and a bit of a sleeper !, although yours looked a bit different than the stock P51 last year. It isn't a sleeper there !
The hood isn't bad at all on the 2011 GT500, but I'm 6'3" and it seems fine to me.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter82
P51 was a rare car and a bit of a sleeper !, although yours looked a bit different than the stock P51 last year. It isn't a sleeper there !
The hood isn't bad at all on the 2011 GT500, but I'm 6'3" and it seems fine to me.
Sleeper! Anything but! You sure you talking about the same car? The one in the pic, has always been the one. Then the B came out and it was the same beast, just a couple mods. I did the Roush tune upgrade, that bumped the hp and tq to 540. Here's the link for more info. Nice pics of your 500.
http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_p51.shtml
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Yeah your right, nice car. For some reason I thought there was a base GT looking car that had that upgrade. We are a Roush dealer and had several of the variations.
I'm impressed with the under rated 550 HP my car has, and the engine from the Ford GT Supercar is really a good improvement over the 2010.

here's a link you may already know about.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/27/2...0-first-drive/

Last edited by pewter82; 09-07-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: my
Old 09-08-2010, 04:48 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"oh we happened to notice you purchasing a vehicle outside of our network." Darn right skippy if it's something you want that they don't have.

Yeah, so what? Is next week stool sample gathering week?

Personally I would tell them to pound sand. Unless they are opening up their wallets and purchasing your DD for you, its none of their business what you drive. Now if you happen to like something they have, great. Otherwise they can mind their own business.

I really wish they wouldn't have done those pinched tailights in the '10+ Mustangs. Otherwise, they are a cool car; and it looks as though Ford may be really building some decent cars again... finally.

Congrats on the GT-500! Beautiful car.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Congratulations. Nothing to be apologetic about in my opinion. I think the GT500 is a beast and the car mags seem to like it pretty well too. I actually tried to buy one recently from a local dealer - walked in with cash in hand, so to speak, but he wouldn't discount at all so I promptly went home and got serious about a 993, which I now own and am enjoying quite a bit.
Second, at the risk of going against the grain here, I'm going to at least consider the possibility that the dealership had the right to question you regarding your purchase. I am a business owner, and it's nice to see some loyalty from my employees. If you were an Orthopedic surgeon and your office manager went elsewhere to have his knee done, what does that say about the way he/she feels about your skills? Does the owner have the right to force an employee to have him do the surgery? No, but if an emplyee doesn't believe in the ownership, or the product of your given company, then he should go get a job with another surgeon, or someone whose skills or products he believes in.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:51 AM
pewter82
Drifting

I believe in the Ford brand, and I'm impressed with the direction it has taken. They were ok with me going outside the dealership as long as it was not on the same brand or with a dealership that was competing with us for the top spot in the region. They don't understand why I like Porsche.
The owners son (the general mgr) offered his advice to get a limited production mustang to hold its value better than the stock Ford products. He actually made a few calls to get me a GT500....since he had gotten involved, and I had opened my mouth about buying outside the dealership...I faced a potential future problem . These guys hold grudges.
All my other Porsche's I have bought privately, and the next, hopefully next spring, will also be bought privately and I'll keep my mouth shut this time.

Last edited by pewter82; 09-09-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: ()

Quick Reply: Let the Hate begin