Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks Like Porsche Pete's Boxster Board Is Shutting Down

http://www.ppbb.com/phorum/list.php?19

To bad.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

GOOD..very very happy...hated that board...for 1 reason - if you said 1 bad thing about a boxster - like its not the greatest car ever built - you would get banned or your post would be censored...i could not stand how everyone there thought the boxster was God's gift to autos. I owned and loved a boxster S but I don't think its the best car out there - its not even the best porsche - not even close...but statements like that would get you into trouble on that board...i say they got what they deserved - I for one am very happy its shut down (if it is in fact shut)
Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:21 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default hmmmm

Looks like it had a following, couldn't have been that bad.... I hate to see any forum close up shop personally as I am aware of the time, effort, stress etc it takes to try and get an effort like that underway. Trying to please the masses while keeping your core group happy is not easy....

Thinking the car you own is the shizzizle and all else fails in comparison is a sick and twisted disease and unfortunately it is spreading rapidly as can been seen here on RENNLIST....... Much prefer and value the input of those more open minded on auto topics and find that group better educated about autos+real enthusiasts...

RIP Boxter Board,

Originally Posted by robbonds
GOOD..very very happy...hated that board...for 1 reason - if you said 1 bad thing about a boxster - like its not the greatest car ever built - you would get banned or your post would be censored...i could not stand how everyone there thought the boxster was God's gift to autos. I owned and loved a boxster S but I don't think its the best car out there - its not even the best porsche - not even close...but statements like that would get you into trouble on that board...i say they got what they deserved - I for one am very happy its shut down (if it is in fact shut)
Old 10-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by robbonds
...if you said 1 bad thing about a boxster - like its not the greatest car ever built - you would get banned or your post would be censored...
...yet it is the only place on the internet I didn't see an overwhelmingly positive response about the Spyder.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Default PPBB

As a participant of PPBB for the last 7 years I totally disagree with robbonds' comments. The board was a wonderful place to get any and all information on the Boxster. I've made great friends and will probably have them for life. It was one of the few boards where the people were the focus, not the cars. It was a very friendly and accommodating board and I am sad to see it close. Quite to the contrary of robbonds' post many of the PPBB members who moved to 911s were welcomed and congratulated on their purchases and the differences between the models were discussed and appreciated. We had many "drives" together with Pcars from many neighboring states participating. I was able to do many DIY upgrades to my car with the technical advice given freely on the board. It was a wonderful place.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:45 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to see it go. I still have a Boxster that I can drive any time my wife will give me the key, and if I promise to move the seat and mirrors back to where thay were.lol

Anyway, I was there thru the late '90s, even before it was PPBB. It used to be Andrew Potter's Boxster Board. I loved that guy, he had a special and very entertaining, yet cynical personality. He told it like it was and had a love-hate, mostly hate relationship with the Boxster and Porsche GB.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Hummm...never heard of that board.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Never heard of that board, either.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 192 Likes on 108 Posts

Long time fan and supporter of PPBB, one of the first boards Porsche related I found myself exploring way back in the late 90's. Things have been bumpy since the founder passed away a few years ago, and it's on a shoestring, dependent on one guy to run things, and he's done a truly remarkable job with limited resources.

A few bad apples spoiled things recently, and it may or may not go black next week. I'm hopeful that community continues on, as it was 'different' and I enjoyed making friends there and through PPBB events that were spawned over the years (Blue Ridge Boxster Summit).

In the early days, it was Porsche Pete's Boxster Board, then as Porsche's legal hounds got on them, they became known as PPBB. Rob, the admin, is a really super guy who has just really done an amazing job keeping it alive since the founder's death.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-16-2010, 08:45 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP - glad its gone....hate censorship
Old 10-16-2010, 03:34 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Similar to Todd in PA, I've participated there for the last 9 yrs, in fact it was thru that board that I met Todd and many many others - Lots of fun runs, even the overnighters at BRBS - it really was a special place. It changed over the years as many of us have, but it's main function was to bring Porsche people together - Very sad to see it go....
Old 10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
linklaw
Advanced

i started following the board in 2004 when I bought a boxster and enjoyed it thoroughly, until the founder passed away. After that, the board changed and I kept seeing right wing rants from one of the moderators. As the frequency of the rants increased, my participation decreased until I quit looking at it about a year and a half ago. it had alot of good information about modifications for the Boxster and other interesting Boxster related discussion.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Never heard of it either. What happened, anyway?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by linklaw
i started following the board in 2004 when I bought a boxster and enjoyed it thoroughly, until the founder passed away. After that, the board changed and I kept seeing right wing rants from one of the moderators. As the frequency of the rants increased, my participation decreased until I quit looking at it about a year and a half ago. it had alot of good information about modifications for the Boxster and other interesting Boxster related discussion.
bingo...

i have a boxster and use to visit....didn't enjoy it after a while....

sorry to see it go I guess...seems to have a following.

Quick Reply: Looks Like Porsche Pete's Boxster Board Is Shutting Down