Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willing to trade my F430 for a 997

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would keep the F430 and just drive it more. You've already taken the worst part of the depreciation curve.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:53 AM
sizquik
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was here
Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

The exhaust note on the F430 is fantastic. GLWS.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Phil, it seems like you have your already made up your mind so I wont try to change it. I will say that the recent Fcars dating back to the 360 were more and more streetable. Also I think your current price is fair but be careful sitting on it for too long. Those who think it wont fall much further from here are delusional. There a lot of reasons for this including, the 458 is the "it" car (2 of my friends are on the list to trade in their 430), too many exotics on the mkt, and of course the economy in general.

Of the Car you mentioned above, I have driven all of them except the TT S. I would avoid the 2 Astons like the plague. The S5 is a nice car, but its just a appliance. And since you already own a GT3, couldnt recommend the P's. I like the r8 very much. Good luck on your transaction!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So much confusion. First of all, I have learned that I will ALWAYS be a Porsche fan (yes, above Ferrari).
I sold my GT3RS about a year ago. I live in two locations now (cross country). I don't drive very often (for fun). I now drive a Range Rover 100% of the time. I wanted to sell the Ferrari because I don't drive it! Then I decided that I wouldn't mind replacing one of the RR's that I have, with a "regular" car. So the idea hit me to trade the Ferrari for something I wouldn't mind driving every day, sell the RR (i have two) and end up disposing of the Ferrari and a RR. In the end, I would have a good "driver" and some cash.

I have decided that if I don't get a fair price or offer over the next 4 weeks, I'm going to just drive the wheels off of it and not worry about it!

Last edited by Philip in AL; 12-02-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added
Old 12-02-2010, 02:50 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have decided that if I don't get a fair price or offer over the next 4 weeks, I'm going to just drive the wheels off of it and not worry about it!
Now that's what I'm talking about!!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:32 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip in AL
So much confusion. First of all, I have learned that I will ALWAYS be a Porsche fan (yes, above Ferrari).
I sold my GT3RS about a year ago. I live in two locations now (cross country). I don't drive very often (for fun). I now drive a Range Rover 100% of the time. I wanted to sell the Ferrari because I don't drive it! Then I decided that I wouldn't mind replacing one of the RR's that I have, with a "regular" car. So the idea hit me to trade the Ferrari for something I wouldn't mind driving every day, sell the RR (i have two) and end up disposing of the Ferrari and a RR. In the end, I would have a good "driver" and some cash.

Don't sell the F430 - just trade with me once in a while. I'll bring the GTS over and visit my sister in Birmingham and we can swap cars. I'll bring the F430 back when you're tired of the 911.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 PM
TerpsRED
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Drive the 430 like you stole it and smile. You bought the car for a reason, the love of the car! Don't let the rush of that feeling get away. Life is too short.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TerpsRED
Drive the 430 like you stole it and smile. You bought the car for a reason, the love of the car! Don't let the rush of that feeling get away. Life is too short.
+1
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip in AL
I'll consider trading for a: Carrara S, Panamera S or Turbo, 2010+ Twin Turbo or Turbo S, Audi S5, Aston Martin DB9 or Vanquish, Audi R8. [...]

I'm just looking for something that "I" consider more "drivable" on a daily basis. If you, or any of your friends are interested in such a trade please let me know. I'm pretty wide open on possibilities.
Besides the obvious, that your 430 is a gorgeous work of art, let me add that I would pay perhaps a thousand a day for one to drive during a visit to Las Vegas, or possibly even a few places in Europe. I might even cut a planned trip a day or two short to cover a rental charge slightly higher. It is unquestionably an E-ticket ride and a sensuous pleasure. Driving it alone is worth a day or two of resort time that would be wasted in lesser pursuits.

For a daily driver, I have to agree with your own feelings though, and with PJorgen. Our Carrera S is not as fast overall, but it is just as fast as a practical matter anywhere but a track or the open desert, and it is just more liveable day in and day out.

Of course, if you want to plan overlapping trips to Vegas, I'll be happy to swap you for the week. And people who know my attitude about others driving my cars will appreciate what a commitment that implies! Aaaaagh, pfui. I can't do it. My hand spasmed on the Porsche's key when I said that. Guess I'll have to pony up the grand a day.

Gary
Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by niche
Now that's what I'm talking about!!
Yeah yeah, do that!

Quick Reply: Willing to trade my F430 for a 997