Sponsored by:

2006 C4S - Hard to start all of a sudden

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2006 C4S - Hard to start all of a sudden

We woke up to 32 degree weather in Little Rock and my car was very difficult to start this morning. Thank goodness for the new battery.

It has started fine the rest of the day, but I had my doubts about getting it going this morning first thing.

Does anybody have any insight into this issue? I hope it was isolated and not the beginning of an issue.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:20 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Some people have had they battery cables replaced. I think they rub against the frame or something. Do a search and you should be able to find some info
Old 12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the cable issue is the engine ground, not the battery cables. Not sure, but worth a look anyway.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
MJPereira
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if you were having the same issue I was, but my experience was that I would turn the key several times with no success and on the 3-4 try the car would start. Everything would light up on the dashboard but the car wouldn't start. The dealer said the battery was low and replaced it but the problem came back. Took the car to another dealer and they said the new battery was low and asked how long I had it. Told them only a couple of weeks. They diagnosed the issue to be the cable loom in the starter area. It wasn't allowing the battery to recharge properly and needed to be replaced. NOTE: this was not a covered part.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search on hard to start engine. I had the same problem, with the first solution, similar to yours, a battery replacement. Didn't work. Finally they determined it was one of the harnesses - it was replaced under warranty.

Quick Reply: 2006 C4S - Hard to start all of a sudden