Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It loves to be driven hard and put away wet

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i drive my c2s cab rain or shine, just not in the snow.

A famous F-chatter once said:

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."
Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Bum
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only issue I have with driving the car in the rain is knowing it will be dirty for a while before its nice enough to clean it up here in San Francisco. But just this week I had to run up to Napa to a customer site and I drove the BMW thinking not that i would'nt enjoy the drive in the Porsche, but with all the stupid people forgetting how to drive in the rain since we havent had any in several weeks that they could hit the BMW all they want and I dont have to pull up those old threads on lost car value due to accidents.
I'm strictly a pick-my-battle kind of guy!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

mine car is a DD too, and what bothered me the most about today's commute was the HAIL we got in SF and Brisbane this am

of course I got the car washed last Friday - that pretty much guarantees rain to follow
Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Track Day

Another rain country guy here. Yup, at first it/she was a garage queen, but I noticed the value wasn't go up, weekend drives in the company rig are boaring, why deprive myself? No more, lets go! My ContiContact 3's seem to be doing great job. And besides, it's spring next month.....
Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 AM
akim47
Racer

drive my car rain or shine. not sure how planted it feels, though as it is pretty easy to get the back end going... PSM still on and new tires. personally, I think its pretty fun, but I can see that it can be dangerous as well...
Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM
cascade
Rennlist Member

I drive the C4S every day here, which means it sees a lot of rain. Never had a problem, though I slow down when it's below 40F. The only thing I've noticed is that the rain sensor on the intermittent wiper appears to be somewhat ecentric -- sometimes it does a great job of keeping the window swiped and sometimes it appears to get a little absent minded and forget what it's supposed to be doing....
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 997at
The Prius is about to get sold as I now have access to a company car. I'll be getting a 3 series as the commuter. I used to have a few BMWs (the e39 M5 still holds a special place in my heart), and I'm looking forwards to that nimble feeling only a 3 series can provide in the world of luxury sport sedans.
So you are getting a BMW 3er as company car and ditching a Prius. Seems like upside to me. And I agree about the e39 M5 - maybe may fav car I ever owned.

I also agree about getting out in that 911 and driving it, but if I had a company car to mitigate some wear and tear, I'd be glad to take advantage of that too.

Quick Reply: It loves to be driven hard and put away wet