Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 C2S Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last month paid $57K for a 07 C4S with 9900 miles, heavy loaded. Perfect PPI. Mine was listed for $64800, which is about right with the market now. You just have to be at the right place at the right time..
Old 03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the 07 will plummet when the new carrera comes out in 6 months anyway, the 09 will drop but nowhere near as much as 997.1.
This I don't understand. Why would a 997.1 plummet in value and a 997.2 won't. For all practical purposes, they are identical cars and body styles.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
curare78
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I bought a 2006 C2S with 14500 miles black/beige with a ton of options and a clean PPI and DME readout for 47K, if that helps. I've been looking for 6 months now, had cash ready and when the right one came along I did not hesitate.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by curare78
Last week I bought a 2006 C2S with 14500 miles black/beige with a ton of options and a clean PPI and DME readout for 47K, if that helps. I've been looking for 6 months now, had cash ready and when the right one came along I did not hesitate.
That is a really good deal. Congratulations.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 AM
islandtrader
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man where are you guys finding such deals on these cars? I have made a career executing at the right price, but just not seeing it in the porsche market. Everyone I talk to about porsches has no room to go on it which I find really odd. Am I just looking in the wrong places??????
Old 03-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

2007 - I paid 53k for Carrera 4 cab CPO w/removable hardtop, heated seats, Nav, all leather, xenon lights, all power memory seats last June. The mileage was 47K but with the CPO - 2012 or 100,000 miles. Runs like a top.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

all/most of this is my personal opinion... don't get your panties in a twist.. if you love your 997.1 thats awesome.. but dont think just because you are too stubborn to drive a newer variant that yours is superior... i was a diehard 6speed person with almost every car i owned until i test drove a PDK.. "hated it", drove it again "wow thats pretty damn cool", test drove it again "bought it"... there is a REASON why ferrari has stopped manual transmissions, why lamborghini will do the same, and why porsche has plans to do it as well... it might be more kinesthetically pleasing, BUT that does not make it better in a straight line or around a track or even as a daily driver.

Originally Posted by Bob Brackman
How many miles/what kind of miles were on your '09 PDK when you sold it?
16k, 16 months old.. drove OH to FL, FL to NC, NC back to FL, and a few times across state.. i would say 8k were highway, 8k were from daily driving.

no abuse, no dings/dents/marks/anything... only thing it needed after PDI was a new cig lighter (never knew it didnt work) was a non smoker. 87k sticker.

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
paid $66K fror'08S w/2950 miles in Nov 2010 (CPO'd thru Apr 2014)

I seriously doubt any 7.2 base will be raping any 7.1S...

tons of cool updates? not sure - elaborate.

base vs S? nope, too many plusses with the S

PDK? sure, especially if you're in a heavy traffic area or hills (SF) where an automatic is benficial....but for the enthusiast that prefers the manual, PDK is of no benefit (and I doubt you're really doing any serious racing in the base '09 where the speed of pdk benefits)

the '09 will plummet along with all 997s when the new model comes out (or are you suggesting that model year base unit with pdk is collectible?)

and as I recall, your car took forever to move, so did you have to go to $63K?
it's not an opinion, its a fact that a base pdk, will beat a .1 S... 0-60, 60-0, around a track and 1/4 mile.. the PDK more than makes up for the 10horsepower difference (997.1 S is 355hp non DFI, 997.2 base is 345hp DFI) the base is lighter, and has upgraded brakes for 09 that stop better than the .1 S's, as far as "tons of cool updates" the PCM, the TPMS, the LEDs, the new DFI engine, the new buttons and so forth.

im not "preaching" i owned both 997.1 and 997.2 and making a judgement based on experience.. go to a local track and find a PDK base to beat you.

if you have the powerkit on your 997.1 then i would say that would make a difference but a 997.1 S versus 997.2 PDK Base is not a fair fight.

if you would like a professional's opinion of the PDK, please contact Mdrums on this board, who not only races his PDK but actually knows RACE TEAMS that run the pdk without modification and actually race them... believe it or not, they run it in D in sport plus and the car down shifts better than their professional drivers can.

the 997.2's will drop, but nowhere near as much as the 997.1's will.. its just common sense and will prove itself as well... people will want the newest car they can afford and therefore demand will go to 997.2.

as far as the sale of my car, i messed up on a few things.. i started out high and had offers but still had full coilover's and HRE's on the vehicle so it was offputting to buyers.. i lowered my price to where i needed after removing the mod's and found a cash buyer.... i paid 64k OTD (including tax tag and title) on the car.. so 63,750 was just a massive loss for me and my poor ability to judge markets. also rolled the deal thru a Porsche Dealer to save the sales tax on my next new purchase (Cayenne to be delivered this month, that i got 7% off which is about 5-7% more than anyone will get off currently due to high demand)

Originally Posted by alexb76
+1. 7.1 is still faster (6speed vs. 6speed).

Plus 7.2 engine/exhasut tone has detriorated considerably... even with PSE its totally muted compared to 7.1, that's actually the biggest flaw of DFI engines (or Porsche implementation), I am sure 991 would be different as Ferrari gets amazing noise out of their direct injection engines.
please make note where i said 997.1 S (tip or 6sp) versus a 997.2 base PDK.

6speed to 6speed, yes the S is faster (only slightly, 10hp difference and base is lighter)

the .2 is quieter due to the quad cats to provide ample back pressure for the DFI.. and the added center muffler... remove center muffler and it starts sounding just like a .1.

Originally Posted by At Law
This I don't understand. Why would a 997.1 plummet in value and a 997.2 won't. For all practical purposes, they are identical cars and body styles.
im not saying 997.1's will be free.. i am saying that the law of demand will show that the demand for 997.1 will fall more than the demand for 997.2 when the new chassis is released. which directly affects the asking prices of the vehicles.. (when 09 cayenne came out, the 08's dropped more cause lacked the facelift, when the 11's came out the 09/10's dropped but the previous years dropped more (yes the drop eventually plateau's))... it's just how car's work and the companies know this, history repeats itself and they and all car dealers live by it (when 09's came out they gave quick cash back on 08's to dump... and even more when the 09's weren't moving... they knew that the longer they kept the more they would lose and by all means could not have those car's left on the lot when the new chassis came out)

in a nut shell, find a 997.1 selling for 65k today (08 S?).. and find a 997.2 selling for 65k today (09 Base)... wait until the new chassis comes out and then compare the asking prices again... the 09 might be 60k.. but the 08 will be down into the high 40's, low 50's.

people can be read easily, and this is why car companies do what they do... releasing the expensive models first (people with money buy them, people without money buy the latest model of previous chassis)... then when they feel they have all the rich folk's money they release the lower models and people with a little less money buy those and people with less money still buy the latest model of the previous chassis... i'm sorry but when the 2012 Carrera comes out, do you think autotrader.com and cars.com is going to get flocked with people looking for 05/06/07 models? highly doubt it... we (rennlist) are like maybe 5% of porsche's buyers... they dont research and know the differences... they just want what they want and buy what they can/or cant afford.

Originally Posted by islandtrader
Man where are you guys finding such deals on these cars? I have made a career executing at the right price, but just not seeing it in the porsche market. Everyone I talk to about porsches has no room to go on it which I find really odd. Am I just looking in the wrong places??????
gotta hunt around, most do not have the time and therefore more is spent (some justify this with their time being more valuable than the amount saved on hunting) i personally find it exciting to hunt around and negotiate.. most people are firm because why budge? (majority of buyers just want what they want and buy it)... need to find the dealers that NEED sales and NEED money versus the dealers that do not care (NY/FL/CA are horrible markets for buyer or seller imo)

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
2007 - I paid 53k for Carrera 4 cab CPO w/removable hardtop, heated seats, Nav, all leather, xenon lights, all power memory seats last June. The mileage was 47K but with the CPO - 2012 or 100,000 miles. Runs like a top.

thats a very good price, the market from jan 09 to sept 09 was favorable to all.. i was seeing 05/06 base carrera coupe's from 35-40k all day long.. bought my 997.1 early 09' and my 997.2 late 09' because the market was just too good to be true.. wish i would have bought the gallardo i was looking at then, as after the economy turned around slightly they are now fetching 20-30k more!.. (found a Superleggera for 130k in 09!) the market now is not as bad off, but you can always find the places that are doing worse than the others. (midwest)

Last edited by rijowysock; 03-03-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent a solid 3 months looking for exactly the right CPO car and learned a few things:

1) larger markets (CA, NY, FL) just move cars faster, so the dealers can stay closer to their asking price
2) most customers of CPO Porsches are making an impulse purchase, and price is not their top criteria (most sales guys and customers have no clue what a "DME" is)
3) not all CPO 911s are listed on the Porsche site, so calling dealers direct is the best method
4) CPO prices drop as the inventory ages

I purchased an 06 C2S Cab with EXACTLY the options I wanted with 25k on the odometer from a large market dealer (NYC Metro). Asking price was $59K, and I paid $56K. We haggled over a 24 hour period, and I was not going to get it for a penny less. I think I over paid by $2-3K, but got everything that I wanted. I actually watched one Cab start at $62k in CA, hold steady for a month, then sell for $52k. After 30 days, they began to drop the price by 1k every few days until it hit $52k, and the car sold literally the next day from a "drop in".

My advice is to be patient. I thoroughly enjoyed my search as I really didn't mind waiting until spring to get the car. I was picky, much to the chagrine of many a salesman...

Good luck!

-B
Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

What do you guys think is a fair price? High 50s? I also found a 2007 black on beige c4s w 18k miles for 56k about the same options as this one, that seems more reasonable to me. Price seller though.
I found a CPO 997 C2S w 13k miles. The car is flawless but it seems like the dealer wants a little too much for it. 63.5k is what his "final" offer is. I was thinking it would be worth more like 60-61 but its the CPO you are paying for. It is midnight blue on beige with adaptive seats, sports chrono, bose, heated seats, turbo wheels. The car almost looks too clean to use or drive
back to your main point (sorry to stray)..

63.5 is way too much for a 2007 C2S imo... the CPO does add 2k to the deal, but "61.5" is still however high i feel. (note 07 is 997.1 with 355hp)

if your going to spend above 60, i would look for an 09 C2 imo... (warranty for an 09 will be until 2012/2013 depending... if you "need" CPO you can always add down the line as long as its within its 4 years/50k u can usually pay a dealer to buy/sell the car back with CPO (CPO cost+500$ or so)

the 09 Base is 345HP (10less) and the DFI feels like nothing you will feel in the non DFi 08 and before... the interior/exterior has many positive changes as well.

if your goal is to stay under 60, i would recommend looking at 08's.. because you can A: still CPO it yourself after buying... and they are cheaper than the 09's (should be about 10k cheaper)... there are may cars up and down the line to choose from (22 diff models i think now!) but i personally would rather have a newer/faster vehicle than an older one with an S on the back and red brakes.

the "S" is a part of car makers that has bothered me for as long as i can remember (bragging rights for most)... when the base models usually retain better value % wise and aren't to sluggish themselves.

if you need any help hunting, feel free to PM me.. i do nothing every day of the week and have plenty of time to try and hunt around.. negotiating would have to be done on your behalf however... i find the best deals in Ohio and can personally recommend two dealers there that i have gotten amazing deals from. (traveling for a vehicle can be more fun that you think, i have gone on road trips for my 997.1/997.2/Exige and will soon for my Cayenne and it's just a fun time to learn the car and take a break.)

-Riley

here are some fun ones 60-65k (remember these are ASKING PRICES!)...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 AM
cbzzoom

Originally Posted by rijowysock
in a nut shell, find a 997.1 selling for 65k today (08 S?).. and find a 997.2 selling for 65k today (09 Base)... wait until the new chassis comes out and then compare the asking prices again... the 09 might be 60k.. but the 08 will be down into the high 40's, low 50's.
I think you are completely wrong about this.

Your point about the .2 being very different than the .1 may or may not be true, it really doesn't matter because car markets are not rational. They depreciate very steadily based on age and mileage, and newer cars depreciate faster than older cars.

When the 991 comes out, either *all* 997's will take a big hit if the market perceives the new car as much better, or in the unlikely event that the market doesn't like the new car (eg. 993 -> 996) then all 997's will retain value well.

Personally my guess is that the 991 will be a hit, so I would short 997 values if I didn't already own one.

Correct or not, the general public perceive both the 997.1 and .2 as being "the 997" because they look the same.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cbzzoom
I think you are completely wrong about this.

Your point about the .2 being very different than the .1 may or may not be true, it really doesn't matter because car markets are not rational. They depreciate very steadily based on age and mileage, and newer cars depreciate faster than older cars.

When the 991 comes out, either *all* 997's will take a big hit if the market perceives the new car as much better, or in the unlikely event that the market doesn't like the new car (eg. 993 -> 996) then all 997's will retain value well.

Personally my guess is that the 991 will be a hit, so I would short 997 values if I didn't already own one.

Correct or not, the general public perceive both the 997.1 and .2 as being "the 997" because they look the same.
only time will tell, yes new cars depreciate faster but they were ALL new cars at one point.. i'm saying the older new cars will depreciate to the "plateau" faster than the newer new cars.

when that time comes, if i am wrong i will eat my hat.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 AM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Riley is right on the money. As a 997.1 S owner, I disagree that potential buyers don't know the difference and just see them all as 997.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

it's not an opinion, its a fact that a base pdk, will beat a .1 S... 0-60, 60-0, around a track and 1/4 mile.. the PDK more than makes up for the 10horsepower difference (997.1 S is 355hp non DFI, 997.2 base is 345hp DFI) the base is lighter, and has upgraded brakes for 09 that stop better than the .1 S's, as far as "tons of cool updates" the PCM, the TPMS, the LEDs, the new DFI engine, the new buttons and so forth.

so 0 - 60 / 60 - 0 is raping? hell, that's not even a race. I'd put up pink slips that any base '09 pdk vs my '08 S manual, in a real race. no, not 0 - 60 and back - that's hardly impressive, let alone considered rape or even a competition

im not "preaching" i owned both 997.1 and 997.2 and making a judgement based on experience.. go to a local track and find a PDK base to beat you.

only a fool would think a manual shifts faster than PDK - you said your base '09 PDK would RAPE a .1 S manual, of course you didnt' the caveat of 0-16 / 60-0
im not saying 997.1's will be free.. i am saying that the law of demand will show that the demand for 997.1 will fall more than the demand for 997.2 when the new chassis is released. which directly affects the asking prices of the vehicles.. (when 09 cayenne came out, the 08's dropped more cause lacked the facelift, when the 11's came out the 09/10's dropped but the previous years dropped more (yes the drop eventually plateau's))... it's just how car's work and the companies know this, history repeats itself and they and all car dealers live by it (when 09's came out they gave quick cash back on 08's to dump... and even more when the 09's weren't moving... they knew that the longer they kept the more they would lose and by all means could not have those car's left on the lot when the new chassis came out)

I call BS - and even if so, the '08 S will be a steal while the '09 base will sit, and sit, and sit
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM
islandtrader
Instructor

Not really sure what to buy anymore, the 997.2 base does seem like a good deal compared to the 997.1s. Are these cars really comparable in a 6 speed though. Unfortunately I do not like the PDK, it is cool, but manual is just so much more fun, at least for me. I guess I'm just old school??
Old 03-03-2011, 08:54 PM
islandtrader
Instructor

I did a search on autotrader for blue 2009 carreras and only 2 came up in the entire country. Does everyone just love black and silver all the time?

Quick Reply: 2007 C2S Price Check