Sponsored by:

My GTS gets a little facelift

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Wow you guys are downers. :P

That's okay, we love it. I'd rather have the car looking clean without the yellowing guards and line of dirt than the clean lines of the all white car. this is what we were shooting for:

Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Rocci
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gravedgr - did you buy them from Suncoast? Was it easy to remove the old and install the new?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocci
Gravedgr - did you buy them from Suncoast? Was it easy to remove the old and install the new?
I got them from my local dealer. They are for the speedster. I didn't do the install, but they are the exact same cut as the clear ones so I can't imagine installation would be tough.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Wow you guys are downers. :P

That's okay, we love it. I'd rather have the car looking clean without the yellowing guards and line of dirt than the clean lines of the all white car. this is what we were shooting for:

No argument there with those two pics, but I think it's the deep polished lip of the Fuchs that makes the difference. To me, the effect on the hips is dramatically different from yours with blacked-out centerlocks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:16 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

i am thinking of going the same route as gravedgr but, IMO, the reason a lot of our brothers is saying they prefer not to have it is balance. the rear appears to have too much black. lack of symmetry. maybe a little black in front part of the car eg: black trim for the side view mirrors and a black stripe running down the running board will provide the impact you like...just my idea. but really the clear guards are a pain specially on white. dirt accumulated on the leading edge and yellowing.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

gravedgr - I think it looks cool.

Makes your 911 more distinctive, if a GTS wasn't cool enough as it is. A set of Fuchs would complete the look.

Quick Reply: My GTS gets a little facelift