Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stereo & Nav system are possessed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts
Default My Stereo & Nav system are possessed!

06 997.1 w/ Bose & Nav

Stereo/Nav was acting funny yesterday, turning off and on by itself, some buttons not working. Today I can't turn it on or off, switch to nav, map display, CD, or between stations. It plays one FM station. That's it. Thankfully the volume works, but that's all. Climate control is fine.

Any ideas or similar experiences?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disconnet batt and reconnect about 10 min later... sat nav should reboot and computer console. I hope this works.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply, makes sense. That won't mess up anything else will it? Just radio presets, etc.-- I assume Nav addresses and stuff is saved somewhere.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Addresses are in a non-volitile memory.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 AM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

OK, cool. Thanks Edgy01.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

tx targa,

After you reconnect the battery you will have to drive around the block or two in order for all the "faults" to clear (ie: abs, psm).
Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

Update, maybe this will help someone else too:

Service adviser at dealer says you can reboot radio & nav by pulling the "amplifier" and "radio" fuses for a few minutes and re-inserting. Easier than unhooking battery, and that way the car computer doesn't have to re-learn your driving patterns and clocks etc don't have to be reset. Gonna try it tonight.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tx targa
Update, maybe this will help someone else too:

Service adviser at dealer says you can reboot radio & nav by pulling the "amplifier" and "radio" fuses for a few minutes and re-inserting. Easier than unhooking battery, and that way the car computer doesn't have to re-learn your driving patterns and clocks etc don't have to be reset. Gonna try it tonight.
check entire optical cord and all connectors, if you suddenly lost connection to all devices it is a most common suspect.

but PCM can definitely act on its own, mine reboots from time to time on the road, either it is a mobridge unit acting up or something else - i have no idea. sometimes it does not happen for weeks, sometimes happens 4-5 times during a single 40 min trip. i gave up on that.

Porsche electronics cause only one emotion in me - a desire to pull it all out and throw away. But i am just too lazy to pay extra $xK to replace it all with anything else, it is easier to ignore it.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
yossarian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to start a thread but that handy search tool worked well.

I have experienced a few strange issues, one detailed above and was just wondering if this is worth bringing in or its just a quirk to accept.

1. As noted above my volume sometimes just turns on. I turn it off and it goes back on. This goes on for just long enough to be annoying, then I forget and it does not happen for a few weeks.
2. PCM just Rebooted half an hour ago. First time for that. Everything was fine.
3. At times when I turn the ignition, nothing happens, no revs, no joy, no radio. Just dead. I turn it a few more times and then it works fine.

I have a 2010 S. I do let the battery charge up most of the time (mostly drive 40 miles), and when i travel which I do often, I tender the battery.

Does anyone see these as connected or worth figuring out?

Thanks

Last edited by yossarian; 06-06-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: crap spelling
Old 06-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

I was going to say, I'll bet you have a 997.2

We have been seeing issues similar to yours. There was some discussion on it, but can't recall the outcome. LEADER posted something on this, too.

Quick Reply: My Stereo & Nav system are possessed!