Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear tailights on 2011c4s?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

if you use the clear ones you lose the red stripe across the back that the 4s gives you
Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i love the stock lights, goes with the sexy strip across the back.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Kuhan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimand7
here is a shot of the rear of my new car
To my eyes, your car looks bloody awesome! Don't touch it!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

huh, no love for the all red tail lights?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 997.2 is one of the few cars that its tail lights look as good as it is.

Especially so for your C4S, the red center strip matches your original tail lights very well, no need to change in my opinion.

The other day I was at my my local dealer. It had a Sport Classic on display, and frankly its clear tail lights looked a little weird to me. The clear upper section with the little red lower section somehow reminded me of a pair of crying eyes.

Regards,

Last edited by axhoaxho; 03-25-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

axho - any thoughts on when that duck tail will be made available for 997s? whether factory or aftermarket?

Originally Posted by axhoaxho

Especially so for your C4S, the red center strip matches your original tail lights very well, no need to change in my opinion.

The other day I was at my my local dealer. It had a Sport Classic on display, and frankly its clear tail lights looked a little weird to me. The clear upper section with the little red lower section somehow reminded me of a pair of crying eyes.

Regards,

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great as is. A keeper, indeed!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Regards,

I thought Sport Classic wasn't going to make it to the states - obviously some lucky dude got his hands on one. As much as the limited nature of the SC adds some allure to the car, I think the GTS is a better value.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Carrara
Instructor

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
huh, no love for the all red tail lights?
Full red tail lights were available on the 997 mkI, but they aren't for the mkII.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 PM
doubleclutch09
Advanced

Ah....the clear rice lights. While we are at it, shall we also fit the upper fenders for a trio of fake little oval ghetto vents on each side?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Regards,

Would love to know the story of how your local dealer got a Sport Classic in stock. Was it just for show or for sale? If for sale, price?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regards,

For folks who live locally, the dealer is Rector Porsche, Burlingame, CA. They put the Sport Classic in the front of the showroom, and we can't miss it.

I remember that there was a thread about this car in Rennlsit here. Some forumers mentioned that it is a customer's car and is one of a few that were shipped to U.S. If we search a little, we will find the thread.

Personally, I am not a big fan of the duck-tail on this new Sport Classic. The tail itself is a nice retro-touch, but the 997.2 tail light is very modern (or even futuristic), so they create a little weird contradiction on the theme of the whole car. However, for folks who are interested, I think I have seen aftermarket duck tail available (e.g. http://mashaw.biz/997Ducktail.asp)

On the other hand, the new Fuchs wheels on the Sport Classic are very nice, and I like them very much. I think the new Fuchs will be a nice alternative wheel to give a new look to most 997's. I would highly recommend it.

Regards,
Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

For folks who live locally, the dealer is Rector Porsche, Burlingame, CA. They put the Sport Classic in the front of the showroom, and we can't miss it.

I remember that there was a thread about this car in Rennlsit here. Some forumers mentioned that it is a customer's car and is one of a few that were shipped to U.S. If we search a little, we will find the thread.

Personally, I am not a big fan of the duck-tail on this new Sport Classic. The tail itself is a nice retro-touch, but the 997.2 tail light is very modern (or even futuristic), so they create a little weird contradiction on the theme of the whole car. However, for folks who are interested, I think I have seen aftermarket duck tail available (e.g. http://mashaw.biz/997Ducktail.asp)

On the other hand, the new Fuchs wheels on the Sport Classic are very nice, and I like them very much. I think the new Fuchs will be a nice alternative wheel to give a new look to most 997's. I would highly recommend it.

Regards,
There was a uTube video of the delivery here - I believe it came in to Houston and video showed car being offloaded from a jumbo jet. For some reason I thought it was a Houston owner but if this is the car it's moved west.

Quick Reply: Clear tailights on 2011c4s?