Sponsored by:

2007 C2S Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Stack24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 C2S Price Check

Hi everyone. New to the board. Just wanted to get some info. Been working a deal on a 2007 C2s and wanted to get your opinions. I know that prices on used cars are pretty high at the moment and needed a gauge.

2007 C2S
White
7K miles (been babied)
Full Leather
Aero Kit
Carbon package
Sport Seats
Tubi Exhaust
Heated Seats
Self Dimming Mirrors
PASM
PSM
Gauges in White
Sport Chrono
19 Inch Turbo Wheels.

The car is in perfect condition and when I have done a KBB, Edumunds, or NADA. It comes back to about 64K. Is that a reasonable price from a private party? I can't really go any higher cause that's where my budget is so the newer ones are a bit out of range.

This has every option I have been looking for and been really taken care of. Or should I be waiting longer and seeing if market comes back down?
Thanks

Last edited by Stack24; 07-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Location, asking price, offer price, original MSRP?

Sounds like a high optioned car.

Do not buy the car until you have performed a quality PPI, including a DME scan. Make sure you keep back about 10% of your purchase price in a "cash slush" fund, so in the end you are not Porsche rich and cash poor and suffereing buyers remorse. When buying a used car, there can be some sorting out that needs to be done, plus the temptation for doing some mods. Since the one your are looking at is so new, maybe 5% is a better number. Heck, you'll need new tires in about 12 months (mainly because they are almost 5 years old) and that will be about $2k.

How are the service records? If that was my 911 it would have already had 4 oil changes and 2 brake fluid flushes.....regardless of the low mileage.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy the process.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Powerguy
Intermediate

Warranty? Tires? Service? The car you are looking at has a lot of the right options which do add value. I ended up in that price range for a similarly optioned 07 C2S cab white/black with 6k miles. Good luck. They are great cars.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that is what I paid for my 2007 C2S with the same options and 14K miles on it, but I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Perhaps the price is a little high. The options list is a bit on the low to average side. However, the location of the car makes the most difference. When you leave that information out then it's hard for us to give you a hand. I would be a little wary of the lower miles. 7,000 miles is telling me that issues that might have gone wrong with the car never surfaced, and you will be paying for them ultimately when start to drive it.

Count on replacing the battery, and checking the tires for age. Keep in mind that having good viable tires (live rubber) makes a significant difference in the handling and performance of these cars. Replacing the tires, while sounding nuts at first, will make a significant difference in the performance of the car.

Sometimes a babied car will wind up biting you in the end.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Location, asking price, offer price, original MSRP?

Sounds like a high optioned car.

Do not buy the car until you have performed a quality PPI, including a DME scan. Make sure you keep back about 10% of your purchase price in a "cash slush" fund, so in the end you are not Porsche rich and cash poor and suffereing buyers remorse. When buying a used car, there can be some sorting out that needs to be done, plus the temptation for doing some mods. Since the one your are looking at is so new, maybe 5% is a better number. Heck, you'll need new tires in about 12 months (mainly because they are almost 5 years old) and that will be about $2k.

How are the service records? If that was my 911 it would have already had 4 oil changes and 2 brake fluid flushes.....regardless of the low mileage.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy the process.
Thanks for the help. talked to the guys. He said MSRP was a bit over 101K and that was before stuff he added at the dealers such as the exhaust, clear bra, intake etc. I actually called and talked to the dealership that he takes it to and asked about the car etc. Everyone apparently knows his car cause he is so meticulous in taking care of it. He has done the oil changes and brake flushes as you have mentioned. The only thing that they had recommended was maybe doing the 4 year 40K mile service. I am definitely doing this deal if I finally decide on it to get a PPI and DME as well to make 100% sure.

The original asking price was 73K but after talking to him and getting him some info he realized it was wayyyyy too high. I originally offered him 64 based on the prices i was seeing on KBB and stuff. I talked to my best friend who is a dealer and he said the car was worth 65. He has the car listed now as 69,900 after he went and talked to his dealer and they offered him 64K on the spot for the car cause they probably want to CPO it and get close to high 60's for it.

Originally Posted by Powerguy
Warranty? Tires? Service? The car you are looking at has a lot of the right options which do add value. I ended up in that price range for a similarly optioned 07 C2S cab white/black with 6k miles. Good luck. They are great cars.
There is no warranty on the car, tires he said fronts are fine and the rears still have tread on it.

Originally Posted by Fin Fever
that is what I paid for my 2007 C2S with the same options and 14K miles on it, but I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago.
Yeah I am seeing that when I was looking at old threads. It looks like the price of these cars have gone up based on the books and what I am seeing online.

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Perhaps the price is a little high. The options list is a bit on the low to average side. However, the location of the car makes the most difference. When you leave that information out then it's hard for us to give you a hand. I would be a little wary of the lower miles. 7,000 miles is telling me that issues that might have gone wrong with the car never surfaced, and you will be paying for them ultimately when start to drive it.

Count on replacing the battery, and checking the tires for age. Keep in mind that having good viable tires (live rubber) makes a significant difference in the handling and performance of these cars. Replacing the tires, while sounding nuts at first, will make a significant difference in the performance of the car.

Sometimes a babied car will wind up biting you in the end.
Oh wow i thought it was actually very well optioned based on the options that are out there for the car. Maybe i'm wrong. The car is actually located here in California. He is actually replacing the battery on it. He said he does drive it on the weekends and drives it in all RPM bands to make sure it gets worked. I was weary too when I was reading about the RMS etc. Actually forgot that to put on there but it has 19 inch Turbo wheels as well.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

FYI here is a list of all the options that I could pull based on VIN. I know there were more that I didn't list like the crest in headrest, colored crest on tires etc.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/life/vin/...AB29997S732797
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

it's a little dear, but sounds sweet

get the PPI and DME scan - if all good, offer $59K, or walk away

there a lease vehicle coming up in SY w/18K miles - it's a STEAL for <$50K - here's the thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...st-08-cs2.html
Old 07-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
it's a little dear, but sounds sweet

get the PPI and DME scan - if all good, offer $59K, or walk away

there a lease vehicle coming up in SY w/18K miles - it's a STEAL for <$50K - here's the thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...st-08-cs2.html
How could I offer this person 59K when it's clearly worth more in today's market? I saw that thread actually but the options are a lot less then what this one has and personally I am looking for a White one.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:32 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stack24
How could I offer this person 59K when it's clearly worth more in today's market? I saw that thread actually but the options are a lot less then what this one has and personally I am looking for a White one.
Easy. The seller can accept or decline or counter. Negotiate, negotiate, and negotiate some more. Nothing more fun and rewarding that a good win-win negitiation.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Easy. The seller can accept or decline or counter. Negotiate, negotiate, and negotiate some more. Nothing more fun and rewarding that a good win-win negitiation.
Yeah I have been negotiating with him for a while. He won't budge past 65K. The car looks like it hasn't left the showroom it's so clean. He definitely drives it but takes amazing care of the car.

Been looking for a while and haven't see anyone with this many option in this condition for any better of a price.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:38 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the newest issue of Excellence has pricing for the 997 in it, and IIRC this would be high.
This car has good options but not everything and the ask is only a few $k below what I paid for my 2007 C2S new. I think it is way high myself, but to each his own.

FWIW I am not a believer that prices will rise. I think there was a slight bounce this Spring as prices had really tanked through winter, but from here on out I think 997 pricing will fall until they are in the teens or low 20s unless there is a lot of inflation (in which case I would say those prices in 2011 dollars).
Old 07-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Thank you for your reply and information.

For my own knowledge what other options are you speaking about an would recommend that this one is lacking. So I can add to my searches.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by p-cardriver
I think the newest issue of Excellence has pricing for the 997 in it, and IIRC this would be high.
This car has good options but not everything and the ask is only a few $k below what I paid for my 2007 C2S new. I think it is way high myself, but to each his own.

FWIW I am not a believer that prices will rise. I think there was a slight bounce this Spring as prices had really tanked through winter, but from here on out I think 997 pricing will fall until they are in the teens or low 20s unless there is a lot of inflation (in which case I would say those prices in 2011 dollars).
Old 07-09-2011, 07:15 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nav and Bose are two popular ones, but also colored wheel center caps, Porsche crest in seat back, and a host of others are of course available. Whether they add value or just marketability is a good question. My point was that the car has good core options but there are a lot of others that would make it fully/well equipped to many buyers.

BTW with the original sticker I assume this car has more on it than you listed.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

You are correct I did not list all. Was typing quick and late I'm the night.

It does have Bose, colored wheel middle, and crest in the head rest also. The only one I'm your list it doesn't have is NAV. Yeah I placed a link with the actual options in case I missed something.

Based on what I am seeing it has a good slew of options. Sorry about not being exact. I know that males a huge difference.

Originally Posted by p-cardriver
Nav and Bose are two popular ones, but also colored wheel center caps, Porsche crest in seat back, and a host of others are of course available. Whether they add value or just marketability is a good question. My point was that the car has good core options but there are a lot of others that would make it fully/well equipped to many buyers.

BTW with the original sticker I assume this car has more on it than you listed.

Quick Reply: 2007 C2S Price Check