Sponsored by:

997 Search, Chicago and Colorado Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:45 PM
cwalvoord
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 Search, Chicago and Colorado Springs

I am looking at two different 2007 C2Ses, one in Chicago and one at the Porsche dealer in Colorado Springs. I am located in Chicago. Both have about 45k mi and both are asking essentially $52,000.

I have seen the one in Chicago and it is in beautiful condition cosmetically but it hesitates on startup and one of the breaks (front left I think) squeals just a little. The seller (non-Porsche dealer) says he will fix anything that shows up in the PPI (that I pay for.) He bought the car at auction, it came from Florida. He says putting in a new battery or new pads are no big deal.

I have not seen the one in CO Springs but the sales person says it has some rock chips on the front and that they resprayed the rear bumper and driver's rear quarter panel. It is not CPO and they bought it in California, not as a trade in. He says it is in average cosmetic condition but is mechanically sound.

Three questions for the group:

1) Has anyone seen the one in Colorado Springs? (Or the one in Chicago at Lucky Motors?)
2) Anyone know a good shop in CO Springs for a PPI?
3) Would you buy one of these or keep looking?

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM
csorrows
Instructor

Way back in 2000, I bought a 1989 911 Targa from Phil Long, and had a PPI done at German Motorcraft. German Motorcraft was very easy to deal with, and I thought they did a really good job, and uncovered a few things I had the dealer correct prior to buying it (IIRC one was a cylinder with low compression, and I think a gasket had to be replaced).

Anyway, I know that was a long time ago, but thought I'd relay the experience anyway, in case the info helps.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 PM
JamesT7
Instructor

I would say keep looking. Both seem okay but you might want to be patient and see what you find. Best of luck.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:01 AM
Coloradoheel
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

I live in Monument CO, and the Porsche delaer in the Springs is where I have my service performed. I have to go there Wednesday for a couple of small things. I know a couple of the sales guys and would be happy to take a look at the car (inside / out) and get back to you with my thoughts. Let me know which car specifically and I'll dig into it Wednesday morning.

Steve
Old 07-19-2011, 09:04 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, is your first name Carl?. Did you have an older relative who was a Physician in South Holland?

Anyway, "Lucky Motors"??? Have that car sent back to Germany for a PPI

PM me if you're looking in Chicago, but I'd suggest you look at used @Rizza, Napleton, Lober or Exchange. You'll pay a little more, but you'll get a super-clean car. Places like Lucky get the cars the best places don't want... think about that.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM
CarGuy21
Instructor

For the car in Chicago, you might want to consider having Al at Chicago Performance and Tuning (CPT) (www.gocpt.com) in Melrose Park do your PPI. He knows his stuff and works on all the german makes. Drives a cup car at the track. I've been doing business with him for over 10 years.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:54 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a car from P of CS in 2007 (CaymanS) sight unseen and had zero problems. It was exactly as represented on line and they were great to deal with. Unfortunately my salesperson since left the dealership and of course there is no guarantee my experience will be repeated.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
cwalvoord
Track Day

Steve,
If you are there and have time it would be great if you could take a look at the dark blue 2007 C2S. The sales guy seemed pretty honest in his description but hearing the opinion of someone with no financial stake in the matter would be valuable to me.

Thanks and good luck with your service visit.
Chris

Quick Reply: 997 Search, Chicago and Colorado Springs