Sponsored by:

disgusted 997.2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

I'd tell you to take it to BRI Imports but Sam Flippo sold it some time back and it is probably not the same. Don't go to Bob Dumont, either. I hear it is even worse then when Bob was running it. Talk to others in the Warbonnet Region about where they take their cars.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I'd tell you to take it to BRI Imports but Sam Flippo sold it some time back and it is probably not the same. Don't go to Bob Dumont, either. I hear it is even worse then when Bob was running it. Talk to others in the Warbonnet Region about where they take their cars.
Sam's son is the new GM of this particular Porsche/Audi dealership.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:15 PM
wellcraft290
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Check your lemon laws. In my was in the shop for 30 days for any reason so you might have a case to get all your money back.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with OP. Some folks here don't get it. Owership is the entire ownership experience, which includes maintenance & servicing of warrantee items. If it is too much hastle, might as well own something else without all of the headaches.

I wish Phoenix had more options. I looked into one indie, then found out it is someone with a web page who does the work in his residential home garage. I just can't get past that.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
okpops
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agree with local assement of porche dealer. also bad experience.
5 days for new tire to be replaced due to road hazzard. used hard top taken to
their body shop for repaint and left palm print in clear coat and broke clips on
trim pieces and used duck tape on back side to attach. found out when took to another
body shop to have repaired after they adjusted top incorrectly and rubbed the paint
off where attached to car.. did express my concerns in survey from porsche.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
RazrPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've heard good things about Jackie Cooper Porsche in Tulsa. Anybody with any first-hand experiences there? It'll be out of the way for sure, but worth it if they are good.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
Most new car dealers that I know of do their own body work.
Wow. I never ran into one that did any bodywork at all. Different times and different places I guess.

Gary
Old 10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by simsgw
Wow. I never ran into one that did any bodywork at all. Different times and different places I guess.

Gary
It's a vertical integration thing. This particular body shop is owned by the dealer and does the work on all the dealer's brands.

Oh, and they suck over there.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
I agree with OP. Some folks here don't get it. Owership is the entire ownership experience, which includes maintenance & servicing of warrantee items. If it is too much hastle, might as well own something else without all of the headaches.
very well put.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

It's really unfortunate that a dealer is souring your ownership experience but I agree that it does have an impact.

Dealers will let you watch them perform the work and hang back, just ask your service manager if you can watch the service guys so you can learn more about the car. My first oil change the service guys showed me all the areas to remove debris and how to remove the engine cover. They were good enough to get me under the car and show me the suspension and other cool undercarriage parts.

You might also try bringing some pastries or donuts, maybe it will buy you some better treatment and maybe improve their spirits.

Good luck and hopefully you'll reconsider keeping the car.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:16 AM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
You might also try bringing some pastries or donuts, maybe it will buy you some better treatment and maybe improve their spirits.
This is one of the great lessons I've learned in life. A tiny bit of kindness and generosity makes you seem more human and can really differentiate you from the herd.

For instance, I just moved into a newly constructed 50+ unit condo building which is a new conversion of a 100 year old building. I knew there would be countless little things wrong so on my first walk-through with the contractor, I brought him coffee and a muffin. Also, I smile and say hello every time I run into him in the hall. Every time I put in a fix-it request, it gets fixed right away while my rude neighbors who complain bitterly wait weeks.

It's old school business 101 - a lost art.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha

I wish Phoenix had more options. I looked into one indie, then found out it is someone with a web page who does the work in his residential home garage. I just can't get past that.
I get that service is part of the ownership experience but lets have some perspective here. The man says he will sell his car because of a few scratches.

Considering the awful depreciation, he could probably have those scratches repaired 20 times before it makes any sense to even consider selling a car one seems to like.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

Dealers will let you watch them perform the work and hang back, just ask your service manager if you can watch the service guys so you can learn more about the car. My first oil change the service guys showed me all the areas to remove debris and how to remove the engine cover. They were good enough to get me under the car and show me the suspension and other cool undercarriage parts.

I've never seen an MB or Porsche dealer let someone into their shop. Its an insurance problem and a huge liability. If they let you back there, someone dropped the ball.

As for pastries and donuts, most dealerships offer that anyway.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I get that service is part of the ownership experience but lets have some perspective here. The man says he will sell his car because of a few scratches.

Considering the awful depreciation, he could probably have those scratches repaired 20 times before it makes any sense to even consider selling a car one seems to like.

I've never seen an MB or Porsche dealer let someone into their shop. Its an insurance problem and a huge liability. If they let you back there, someone dropped the ball.

As for pastries and donuts, most dealerships offer that anyway.
My dealership is one of the top 1-2 dealerships in the country an they have me in the service area all the time. I think your "dropped the ball" comment is ill-informed at best.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
Sam's son is the new GM of this particular Porsche/Audi dealership.
I will let Sam know and pass it on to his son. They should not tolerate that sort of thing.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
My dealership is one of the top 1-2 dealerships in the country an they have me in the service area all the time. I think your "dropped the ball" comment is ill-informed at best.
1. How are you determining the "rank" of your dealership? What evidence do you have to support these conclusions?

2. The dealership is then taking a risk. There are very limited occasions when a customer should be allowed on the shop floor (i.e. major issues that need to be seen to be believed). Its no secret that a shop floor is a dangerous place, and no dealer with a worthwhile management staff would let a customer look over a tech's shoulders as he or she performed a service.

Lets say, for whatever reason, a lift fails or a tire bead explodes. The customer who was standing there looking for scratches and then he ends up owning the dealership after the massive lawsuit.

Not to mention, I have heard from techs that having someone watching over their shoulder asking endless questions or giving them dirty looks every time a wrench clanks on something is the most annoying and unproductive thing possible.

Quick Reply: disgusted 997.2 owner