Sponsored by:

disgusted 997.2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts
Default disgusted 997.2 owner

There's only one local dealer, and whenever my car goes in for service of any kind, it comes out with new scratches, scuffs, or something else broken.

It's amazing to me that these guys can be so careless.

This isn't my dd, and I keep it immaculate, and covered when not using. I know every scratch on the car. In for oil change last, and out with scrapes, scratches, and one paint gouge on the driver's sill.

Am I crazy to think they should take care of this thing as good as I do when it's in their possession?

I won't even take it back now. Whenever I do, it's two steps back for every one step forward. I will be selling it before the next oil change.

disgusted...
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM
BC-997
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry buddy. That's awfull. You're not crazy. There are some bad dealers out there.
Greg
Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, that's totally unacceptable on the dealer's part - but why are you selling the car? The dealer may be an idiot, but the car is fabulous (IMHO).

Talk to the dealer, send e-mail to PCNA, but keep the car!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:59 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-997
Sorry buddy. That's awfull. You're not crazy. There are some bad dealers out there.
Greg
Originally Posted by PJorgen
I agree, that's totally unacceptable on the dealer's part - but why are you selling the car? The dealer may be an idiot, but the car is fabulous (IMHO).

Talk to the dealer, send e-mail to PCNA, but keep the car!
Agreed. Time to find a great indy shop. Save your receipts for warranty issues.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Our OKC dealer is terrible. I have never been happy with them either. If you don't need warranty work, take the car over to Planet 911. Corey is a great guy. That is who takes care of me and my 06 C2S. Best of luck.

BTW Javier did a great job on the xpel clear bra. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Agreed. Time to find a great indy shop. Save your receipts for warranty issues.
You're not suggesting warranty work can be done by an indy, are you?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ecostellodo
Our OKC dealer is terrible. I have never been happy with them either. If you don't need warranty work, take the car over to Planet 911. Corey is a great guy. That is who takes care of me and my 06 C2S. Best of luck.

BTW Javier did a great job on the xpel clear bra. Thanks for the advice.
Cory is a nice guy, loves the cars he works on, knows what he is doing, but is THE WORST BUSINESSMAN on the planet.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
You're not suggesting warranty work can be done by an indy, are you?
Correct. I am not. Just saying, if you use an indy or DIY, document and save your routine maintenance receipts. For actual warranty work (hopefully little to none) you need to work things out beeter with the dealership.

The absolute worst part of the Porsche ownership experience, is the dealership. Some are better than others, but most are marginal at best. Sad for such a great product and brand.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:36 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

We have the same issue here in Austin - one p-dealer and they act like it. They'll eventually fix the real issue on the car but you have to deal with all the BS additive services they try to weasel in 1st. Then they give the car back washed but with water spots everywhere... why even bother washing it in the 1st place. Plus I didn't ask for a crapy car wash. I hand wash and DIY my p-car anyway... have only taken my car into the dealer once when I absolutely had to for warranty work and that was enough. 3 yrs left on the warranty plus CPO... hope I never have to take it into these idiots. If anything... I'll probably take my car to Dallas where there are more dealers.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry to hear of Domer's troubles. That is unacceptable and hopefully it was pointed out to the Service Manager and MI reflected in the satisfaction survey when it comes from Porsche. A negative response on that survey is taken very seriously.

My dealer (Sonnen) is excellent and I've never had an issue with them. That said, responding to USMC's comment, I always request specifically that my car NOT be washed. I figure it's one less step and set of hands where something can go wrong.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:52 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Mike, I agree... just wish they told me up front that they were going to wash it. In fact, if there's a next time. I'll have written instructions emailed to them re what I want done and more importantly what I don't want done.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

If you have the time, in addition to the other steps outlined above, stay with the car while it's being serviced. Nearly every dealer allows you to hang back, not necessarily in the bay, but with eyes watching, maybe things will go a bit easier.

Sorry to hear.

But definitely point these things out to the service manager and the GM and question them about their training practices. Inexcusable.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a pretty good dealership to do business with... They've always jumped to when I came in with a problem.... Never had to leave and bring the car back on another day.. they always listen and either fix the problem or send me out in a new Panamera or MB.... Absolutely no problems except for one.....
They insist on washing my car!!!!!!!
I do the pre-soap and two bucket washing routine and know every stone chip and scratch on the car...
I'm at the point that I have a homemade sign in the boot that I put on the dash telling them "Don't wash my car, Please)
I guess if that's the worst thing I can say about the dealership then I'm pretty darn lucky....
North Olmsted Porsche....
Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
I will be selling it before the next oil change.
well thats logical
Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

One of my longstanding pet peeves is that dealers, no matter how good they do everything else, seem to hire minimum wage porters to jockey cars around - the lowest common denominator in dealerships. I remember some years ago hearing from my Porsche salesman that they had three mishaps in one day (at the sister Audi/VW dealership).

Quick Reply: disgusted 997.2 owner