Sponsored by:

CPO

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:16 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 115 Posts
Default CPO

What does a dealer do to make a car CPO. Are there minimums for brake lining wear, tire wear, what inspections are done?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

While there is an official standard, some things can change dealer to dealer.
I'd recommend getting an official PPI and a list of things repaired from the selling dealer.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:35 PM
AYHSMB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dak911
What does a dealer do to make a car CPO. Are there minimums for brake lining wear, tire wear, what inspections are done?
You should ask your dealer for a copy of the CPO checklist.

Also with any CPO purchase I recommend getting explicitly in writing from the dealer a confirmation that the checklist has been done. There have been a number of cases of people buying CPO vehicles and then finding that the tires are corded or even that the vehicle has over-revs which cause warranty trouble.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I've got a couple CPO checklists print outs from cars I was interested in. Send me your email and I'll forward them to you.

It's basically like you said, brakes more than 50%, tires must match and have good tread >4mm, no paint on more than 2 panels, service records at porsche, check all functions like ac, emissions, etc...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:31 PM
hpowders
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my 911 with a free CPO tossed in. It saved me $800 2 weeks ago when my amplifier conked out.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dak911
Yes and yes. It's quite stringent to include all items not covered by the CPO warranty. Porsche doesn't want a customer to need a repair on an item not covered shortly after they purchase their CPO Porsche. It's quite expensive for the purchase of the warranty also, and it is a fee paid by the selling dealer when the car is sold.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyf
I've got a couple CPO checklists print outs from cars I was interested in. Send me your email and I'll forward them to you.

It's basically like you said, brakes more than 50%, tires must match and have good tread >4mm, no paint on more than 2 panels, service records at porsche, check all functions like ac, emissions, etc...
Our dealership will not certify a painted car. And tires must be N-spec

Quick Reply: CPO