Sponsored by:

Quick question, passenger window not going all way down

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Riccardog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question, passenger window not going all way down

I have been looking at buying a used 06 C4S here in the UK and one thing that I noticed as a bit strange is that the passenger window (LH of the car when sat inside) doesn't roll all the way down. The edge dissapears but the central bit sticks out about 1 inch. The drive side doesn't do this.

I assume this is not normal and needs looking at?

Thanks for any advice
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Try to "retrain" your window. Lower the window but keep depressing the window button for 3 or 4 seconds after it has completely lowered. Lower the window but keep depressing the window button for 3 or 4 seconds after it has completely raised. Repeat the above process one more time.

If that does not correct the problem, take it to the dealer or your Indy to have them adjust the window.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Riccardog
Intermediate

OK, thanks for the feedbac, will give that a try.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Hartdude
Intermediate

It is likely the window regulator.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Definitely try the re-training routine first, it's free. I made the mistake of shutting my car off and pulling the key whilst the sunroof was still closing on one-touch, and after that it would intermittently close 99% and then start back open as though it detected an obstruction. Ran the re-train routine and it cured it.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Bigwave
Instructor

I am having the same issue as the OP. I just replaced my passenger side window regulator and now the window stops on the way down about an inch +or- short of all the way down. Window is completely seeded in the regulator and nothing seems to be blocking it. Tried the retrain. Any suggestions?
TIA
Dave
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Bump
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Rocco07
Racer

I changed a window regulator on an Audi A4 where I had to perform the following to essentially align the travel limits of the motor and the window. Again, this assumes the Porsche operates similarly.
1. Drive window all the way down with motor. Don't worry if it stops prematurely. This is what you're adjusting.
2. Remove motor from window regulator. DO NOT ACTIVATE MOTOR or disturb its gear position.
3. Manually push window down to limit.
4. Re-attach motor, and drive window full up, then back down. Repeat as neccessary until the motor and window are synchronized in the ful down position. This can be tricky because you have to keep connecting the window switches to run the motor.
Word of advice. If ever you remove the motor from the regulator, put the window at the full down travel limt first. This way, you have known starting points when re-attaching. Once you run through the sequence a couple of times, you'll see the window getting lower and lower.
GL.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Thanks Rocco I'll give that a try. Seems to make sense.

Quick Reply: Quick question, passenger window not going all way down