Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

center grill DIY removal cause Aero problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM
zoraarcus
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default center grill DIY removal cause Aero problems?

I have a 08' C2S, and this weekend i did a DIY grill mesh install. I used the rain gutter mesh and it turned out great, however after using a Dremel tool and removing the stock lower center grill block-off cover, i pondered what result will happen Aero-wise since i do not have an angled radiator with the GT3 smiley vent. Where will the air go as it now slams into the front of the trunk? Will i get a hood lift or even a light front end at speed? Thanks in advance
Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Can you post a picture?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zoraarcus
I have a 08' C2S, and this weekend i did a DIY grill mesh install. I used the rain gutter mesh and it turned out great, however after using a Dremel tool and removing the stock lower center grill block-off cover, i pondered what result will happen Aero-wise since i do not have an angled radiator with the GT3 smiley vent. Where will the air go as it now slams into the front of the trunk? Will i get a hood lift or even a light front end at speed? Thanks in advance
This post may give you an answer:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...e-respond.html
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM
zoraarcus
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Dah, I should have searched better! Just the answer i was looking for. Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Something like this...
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zoraarcus
Sorry Dah, I should have searched better! Just the answer i was looking for. Thanks
zoraarcus,

Several months ago I installed the three Zunsport grills & had the same dilemma on what to do with the middle plastic plug. In late spring & early fall we get hit with "Love Bugs" & they will do a mess on the front of any car or truck. (Google Love Bugs for pictures)
My issue was do I remove the plug & let the bugs move through or keep it in place w/ the mesh out in front & turn more "Love Bugs" into the two dimension zone. However with the mesh in place how will I clean out the bug goo off of the plug?
After driving in the rain you will notice water flow & road grim flowing off the front of the Porsche in 4 directions:
1st - Up and over the bumper/hood
2nd - Down and under the bumper
3rd - To the right into the radiator
4th - To the left into the radiator
How much flow into each direction I don't know therefore I left the plug in place because I did not want to effect the cooling system & I will figure out how to get the bug goo off the plug in May or remove the grill for a good cleaning.

Quick Reply: center grill DIY removal cause Aero problems?